The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh like, years and years it will take apparantly, it's only just kinda been put together.

Tahnford

HSC
Well, well, well, had anybody ever heard of Project Galaxy before?

Apparantly it involves replacing ALL the software with the one program (i.e. Stock Management, Back Office, Office, WoWPoS, People Planner)
About time Back Office is updated.

I was under the impression WorkBrain was being rolled out to replace People Planner, is that not the case anymore?

jas62

HSC
ALL STAFF EXPRESS ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha called that at about 1.10 on anzac day. Had 50 people waiting for smokes had the express line up to isle 10 and I think it was going down the isle to! it was pure hell for the first hour. How was everyone elses Anzac day???

HSC
You could put the re-fund down as 'NO RECEIPT' and ask for ID and enter all her info into the register, cos she has the docket you dont have to put it on a refunds card. OR if i'm uncertain or suspect about something I always get the manager, leave it for them to decide.
I would have done the same thing.

bensneddon

HSC
About time Back Office is updated.

I was under the impression WorkBrain was being rolled out to replace People Planner, is that not the case anymore?
The WorkBrain pilot was an epic failure apparently. It's been scrapped and is being developed from square one again.

bensneddon

HSC
Well, well, well, had anybody ever heard of Project Galaxy before?

Apparantly it involves replacing ALL the software with the one program (i.e. Stock Management, Back Office, Office, WoWPoS, People Planner)
Project Galaxy is the IT implementation project of SAP technology to revamp and improve on merchandising, POS and retail systems accross all divisions.

It will include a CRM (customer relationship management) module, POS and enterprise resource planning systems, and a SAP integration platform.

Project Galaxy is the third stage of Project Refresh, which has already combined state-based buying and marketing to a national team, and rebuilt the supply chain and logistics.

It's pretty exciting stuff :)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Yesterday was HELL. Five people on the Big Checkouts, Two on Express. Massive queues for every checkout. Took me half an hour to close for Lunch!

Became quiet at 5, and I finished at 5.30!

Harry778

HSC
Woolworths stores are always busy compared to Coles. I went into a Coles store to get something woolies dont sell and they only had 4 checkouts open and there where no people anywhere. So after that I thought, oh it will be like this in woolies probably! And in this centre coles and woolies are a few shops down from each other, walk into to woolies and they where bussssssy as hell!!1 People everywhere. I know cos Woolworths is just better in general, but why?

jirwin

HSC
Just because thats what it is like where you are, does not mean thats the same everywhere. Shouldn't generalise. I for one know of a woolworths that has at the most, 2 big registers open - usually only 1 though. Yet at the Coles I work at, we regularly have nearly all registers open (probably all but 2 - totally the opposite). Another woolworths I would say is about the same as Coles - in terms of staff/customers/registers.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
People who work at Coles think they are better people who work at Woolies think they are better.

Get over it, neither of them are 'better'

Harry778

HSC
Just because thats what it is like where you are, does not mean thats the same everywhere. Shouldn't generalise. I for one know of a woolworths that has at the most, 2 big registers open - usually only 1 though. Yet at the Coles I work at, we regularly have nearly all registers open (probably all but 2 - totally the opposite). Another woolworths I would say is about the same as Coles - in terms of staff/customers/registers.
Well I'm glad you told me this. Obviously its different in different places. Are you in NSW? I know trading trends for coles and Woolworths differ GREATLY in other states. But I just cant understand why if there was no-one at Coles and heaps off people in woolworths, why you would go to woolworths. I only went there cos of my discount.

jirwin

HSC
Yea I'm NSW - probably because people just stick with one shop. I know my mum won't do the shopping at coles despite my discount. Her reasons are because she doesn't know the layout of the store (the woolworths just changed their layout so that argument doesnt work now) and because there is no petrol (which there is, just not directly next door - still on the way home).

Anyway just saying that it may just be people's preference and coincidentially they were shopping when you went there.

By the way, I didn't mean my first comment to be snappy or rude - just re-read it and thought it wasn't worded the best :(

jirwin

HSC
People who work at Coles think they are better people who work at Woolies think they are better.

Get over it, neither of them are 'better'
I didn't say anything about that. Coles isn't necessarily better. I shop at both - depends where the specials are. I was merely stating that just because that was the case there, doesn't necessarily mean its true everywhere.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OKAY WOOLWORTHS EMPLOYEES it's time to pay me back for all the advice i've been passing on to you.

next week i'm working 3 supervision shifts at a BIG woolworths store (macquarie ryde) now i know how to supervise like on the registers, but our store doesnt have a service desk or anything, so i usually just hang around the front, and serve when it gets busy, do all the price checks myself and so on, but how does it work in a big store?

-Will i have another supervisor/CSM with me?
-How do i get a price checked?
-Will i be expected to serve?
-Should breaks be given exactly as they appear on the Gride Report (in our store we give breaks when it suits)?
-In general, what exactly will i do?

HALP

grobsh

HSC
OKAY WOOLWORTHS EMPLOYEES it's time to pay me back for all the advice i've been passing on to you.

next week i'm working 3 supervision shifts at a BIG woolworths store (macquarie ryde) now i know how to supervise like on the registers, but our store doesnt have a service desk or anything, so i usually just hang around the front, and serve when it gets busy, do all the price checks myself and so on, but how does it work in a big store?

-Should breaks be given exactly as they appear on the Gride Report (in our store we give breaks when it suits)?

HALP

firstly, well done. get in the good books with some of the department managers there, they are the ones that are going places. mr giri recently did area manager relief in 81 so suck up! just relax and enjoy it i guess.

-usually in larger stores, the 2IC will do the open with the CSM doing 9-6ish, depending if they're both on, and what their arangement is.

-price checks use your service 40's to each dept.

-no idea, I dont work for service.

-once again i have no clue.

Kiim2507

HSC
CALLING EXPERT SERVICE SUPERVISOR HELP!

How do you deal with dodgy refunds???
THe reason I ask is that today I had a woman, who looked like she was on drugs, asking for a refund on $42 of products (and the stuff thats normally high security)- BUT she had a RECEIPT! I think she must have taken it from the bin (it was kinda scrunched up) and stolen those products.

I've had it happen before too- and what they do is tear off the payment method (which is usually card) and they'll say they tore off the petrol docket. AND i cant check on the transaction number because thats been torn off the bottom too- or the dockets from another store.

SO WHAT CAN I DO?? I had to give it to her because of the Safeway returns policy, i just wish we went more like coles, and only offer refunds if you have a receipt.

Speaking of the coles reund policy>>>LINK
Hey thats a good idea, thanks for the tip :p

HSC

HALP
First of all, my response is just a combination of what I personally would do and what happens in my store, so it will of course vary. :)

1) It depends on firstly the time of day that you are supervising, and whether or not any of the people rostered as operators are supervisors. In my store, no more than 2 people are ever rostered on as supervisors, but as many as three to six people will be on as operators will be able to help out. Of course if you are doing opens or closes this could vary.

2) Service 40s to the respective department, and sincerely hope that they respond. If its close by then by all means check the price yourself.

3) In my store, supervisors ARE expected to serve on express. But this is because we have staggered express lanes. However if the store only has individual express lanes then you should not be serving.

4) We try to go as close to the grids as we can, but of course take advantage of quiet patches for tea breaks in particular.

5) I'm not too sure...I'm still trying to work everything out myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)