The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Yay.

Also, if you work every second Saturday (rostered) and this is your Saturday off, you get a day in lieu. I got a day in lieu for Good Friday because of this even though I wasn't rostered on because I work every second Friday.

Harry778

HSC
Grrrr!!!!

Doing 12-10.30 today (anzac day)

Open rite through till close. How fun.......

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Did everyone's stores have enough people today? Not many people wrote their name on the sheet, so I was the only associate in Leisure, Consumables and Home!. Talk about bullshit, but I guess its all worth it in the end...$$$ Place now looks like a bombsite, people were waiting out the front 1hour before we opened.

Peartie

HSC
need an hour before open to set up
I know...but "open" for me was always when the store actually "opened" to the public...thats why i loved doing early starts before the store opened...able to work for a little while with no customers around....sometimes i didnt mind working with customers around but most of the time they were just annoying as ****

Harry778

HSC
we had heaps of satff. Which was good cos there where heaps of people out the front waiting. As soon as we opened the first roller door everyone just gushed in!
We coped well, even had to send people home :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I did 11-8pm on anzac day. 2.5 pay. booyah.

Slicing for 2 hours + isn't fun. =x

danberg

HSC
CALLING EXPERT SERVICE SUPERVISOR HELP!

How do you deal with dodgy refunds???
THe reason I ask is that today I had a woman, who looked like she was on drugs, asking for a refund on $42 of products (and the stuff thats normally high security)- BUT she had a RECEIPT! I think she must have taken it from the bin (it was kinda scrunched up) and stolen those products.

I've had it happen before too- and what they do is tear off the payment method (which is usually card) and they'll say they tore off the petrol docket. AND i cant check on the transaction number because thats been torn off the bottom too- or the dockets from another store.

SO WHAT CAN I DO?? I had to give it to her because of the Safeway returns policy, i just wish we went more like coles, and only offer refunds if you have a receipt.

Speaking of the coles reund policy>>>LINK

Last edited:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Tomorrow is gonna be fun. NOT

ALL WA Supermarkets were closed on Saturday, but we are open (with a special permit) tomorrow, on a Public Holiday(WA Only!), as are most shops. I`m working a 8am - 5.30pm Shift. My Check-outs Boss (Sorry, forgot the real name of her position!) showed me Tomorrow`s roster and we have like 10 people, including Smoke Shop,Self Serve & Supervisior. PLUS she is not allowed to call anyone in as it is 2.5 Time

The only good thing about tomorrow is the money. The Rest Stinks

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

THe reason I ask is that today I had a woman, who looked like she was on drugs, asking for a refund on $42 of products (and the stuff thats normally high security)- BUT she had a RECEIPT! I think she must have taken it from the bin (it was kinda scrunched up) and stolen those products.

I've had it happen before too- and what they do is tear off the payment method (which is usually card) and they'll say they tore off the petrol docket. AND i cant check on the transaction number because thats been torn off the bottom too- or the dockets from another store.

SO WHAT CAN I DO?? I had to give it to her because of the Safeway returns policy, i just wish we went more like coles, and only offer refunds if you have a receipt.

it's technically against policy, or at least not specified within policy, but you could always do a refund onto a Returns Card, at least that way she has to re-spend the money in store/other woolworths.

Harry778

HSC
You could put the re-fund down as 'NO RECEIPT' and ask for ID and enter all her info into the register, cos she has the docket you dont have to put it on a refunds card. OR if i'm uncertain or suspect about something I always get the manager, leave it for them to decide.

pokerchoker

HSC
You could put the re-fund down as 'NO RECEIPT' and ask for ID and enter all her info into the register, cos she has the docket you dont have to put it on a refunds card. OR if i'm uncertain or suspect about something I always get the manager, leave it for them to decide.
Yeah get the duty manager, he might recognise her as a regular scammer/shoplifter.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, well, well, had anybody ever heard of Project Galaxy before?

Apparantly it involves replacing ALL the software with the one program (i.e. Stock Management, Back Office, Office, WoWPoS, People Planner)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)