The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Mannequin25

HSC
I always used to use PLU's instead of drill downs, i makes it so much easier especially when u hav a really slow POS.
But i got told by the CSM that is wasnt to, and when the SSS came in i asked her and she told me that we werent allowed to, that there was no reason to and she would be monitoring it.........:fish:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think the reason we arent supposed to use PLU's is because produce might have multiple PLU's and even though the PLU's that arent supposed to be in use should be flagged NFS, that doesnt always happen, so it just makes sure counts are right.

thats what we've always been told anyway

bdude

HSC
That seems a tad silly, I'm much quicker typing the numbers in than going into Fresh Produce and trying to type the name in. My stupid fingers always hit the wrong letters leading me to search for like "PEQS" instead of peas.

Also, I don't like it when they add new fruits and it moves things around, for a lot of the fruits I don't know the numbers for it's pretty much muscle memory.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I assume you're at Coles? ^^

Personally it's much easier with WoWPOS just to hit Fruit A-Z or Vege A - Z and just choose the letter and boom hit the product. We don't have to search for anything, as long as Produce has put the product on our drill downs, we just hit it.

We also have popular screens where we put 16 of the most popular fruit/veg...like Bananas, Tomatoes etc etc

HSC

Personally it's much easier with WoWPOS just to hit Fruit A-Z or Vege A - Z and just choose the letter and boom hit the product. We don't have to search for anything, as long as Produce has put the product on our drill downs, we just hit it.

We also have popular screens where we put 16 of the most popular fruit/veg...like Bananas, Tomatoes etc etc
I agree. I don't know how any of you guys remember the PLU's - it's much simpler to just choose the image off the screen...The only PLU I remember is for Black Diamond Plums - 4444 =]

bdude

HSC

Yes :)

That would probably be quicker. We have to push "Fresh Produce" and a QWERTY keyboard comes up on the screen to enter the first few letters and then hit "search"

PyroTek

HSC
When i get a fruit i dont know, i say the register is being 'useless as usual' as i go to every letter there is in the fruit/veg screens trying to find the right picture. LOL

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Yes :)

That would probably be quicker. We have to push "Fresh Produce" and a QWERTY keyboard comes up on the screen to enter the first few letters and then hit "search"
That's....just.....gay :p lol

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Migrating to the mainland??? ;)
Fuck I only want to go to Melbourne for the weekend at its $430!!! Then I have to go to the Victorian embassy in Hobart to get fingerprinted.

Thats why I learnt the PLU codes... 5945 and 4664 hehe.
So like I'm pretty sure all this talk of PLU codes is totes illegal, our WowPos trainer back in the day was like "if I EVER catch you putting a PLU code in for produce, i WILL kill you" (she was pretty funny). Something about sending AutoStockR up the wall.

I'd say 10 months notice is fine :)
Last the year I tried to get it off in August and the CSM was like "soz, too late!" and i was like "soz, brb going to get the union delegate", who was like "soz, fuck he's a casual and he can have it off beyonce".

Lulz. Pretty much every mistake i make I say "oh the machine's playing up" an the customer will mutter obligingly about the ineptitudes of modern technology.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Can someone explain why they bother having two PLUs (whole and cut) for watermelon when it's always the same price? Is it so we know how much wrapping we are using or something?
Generally whole is cheaper than cut in my store.

Okay, I can tell the difference between lettuce and cabbage :p I more fail when it comes to snow vs sugar snap peas, bagels, obscure vegetables that I've seen but can't remember the name of, etc.
Also remember that anything less than 100% = fail.
Sif :(

Fuck I only want to go to Melbourne for the weekend at its $430!!! Then I have to go to the Victorian embassy in Hobart to get fingerprinted.
Ahahahaha <3 :haha:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
In my store, yes. You get a box of 10 items from produce and occassionally bakery, and you have to name them without looking at the screens. If you don't get 10, you fail, and have to do it all again until you get it right.

Most people cheat though and use the screens, but not me. I'm in it for my prize (my CSM has said the week I fairly and squarely get 10 there's a gift card waiting for me, because in the nearly two years she's been here, I never have).

IMO, its useless and a complete waste of time.

In our store we do the same,except we never have bakery and nothing happens if we get under 100%. We just get told what the ones are that we have got wrong. And we do it standing at the service desk,so we don`t have access to screens

jirwin

HSC
I can't tell the difference between a Savoy Cabbage or a Drumhead Cabbage. Usually just select the one that comes up first :) Although every time I've asked a customer which kind it's be Savoy so makes me wonder if we even sell the drumhead ones.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I never did a produce test until i started reading the service communications book (which i didnt know existed) lol. I dont even know what happens to them, CSM/2IC/SSM/nobody has ever said anything about them, and i am SURE i get heaps wrong lol.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mwahahahaha, old store staff are begging me to come back, we're re-getting the CSM i replaced, and nobody is happy.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Uurrgh...I absolutely hate doing produce tests. By the time I do it the fruits have been sitting in a plastic tub for five days, mould and shit growing on it. Snack dates are the worst. I threw one at an operator that I didn't like once (as a joke though) :haha:

PyroTek

HSC
I threw a scrunched up receipt paper at a work mate, he threw it back at me, I ducked and it hit a customer in the head. LOL. I stayed ducked. He looked scared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)