• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
Allright guys, I need help. I'm applying for some KPMG program, and basically they want me to summarise my ENTIRE Woolies experience into a tiny tiny text box that I'm not even sure how long it is.

Would you a) Shove everything I've ever done together, or b) Separate nontrade from service.

And what do we even do that might possibly be impressive?

HSC
I'll get the new shirts when my ones start to fall apart, like my old shirt I had for 2 1/2 years first shirt i started with, fraying and ripped lol, rather feral

HSC
Haha, I bought a vest today, my CSM told me that my frayed disgusting shirts are never to enter her department ever again.

:shy:

Which I find incredibly unbelievable considering I'd say her pants need to be two sizes bigger.

bdude

HSC
lol, I didn't think about it that way.
Haha, my friend at another Tassie woolworths was serving someone in a Woolworths uniform she asked him if he was new and what department he was in and the guy answered "I'm the new store manager"

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Our previous SM had a somewhat superior "I'm better than you" air to him. I knew exactly who he was but pretended I didn't :)
"And who are you and why are you walking into my bakery with no hairnet on???"
"I'm your SM"
"And I'm the Queen of Sheba"
"No really, I am"
"Well duh, I'm not dumb. I'm Liz, btw"

yeahhh.

PyroTek

HSC
I saw the STM in the deli wearing just a cap, and I'm like "uh.. you're supposed to wear a hair net in the deli" and he's like "It's a hairnet or a hat, and I don't have enough hair to lose any"
I say "Why does the sign say a hairnet is required?" (not just an ADHOC sign, but a real sign that was ordered in for the very purpose)
He says "A hat is fine"

pissed me off so much. Blatant disregard for food safety rules and then challenging my challenge to him on the issue when I was clearly correct.

(apparently it's now a requirement at our store, the Dept mgr and 2i/c both do, as do most deli staff)

Last edited:
HSC
I have never ever worn a hairnet in seafood or deli - though thats not saying much seeing as I'm not allowed in fresh departments EVER AGAIN (according to an ex-sm).

Harry778

HSC
Have your managers got their stripey shirts yet?
Not sure. But I know my SSM does. She said she has the stripey shirt but shes not wearing that fucking ugly thing..or something along those lines hahaha.

well my roster

mon (today) 6.30-15.30 sup
Tue 11-20 sup
wed 11-20 sup
thu 18-24.30 sup
fri 11-20 sup

=D

PyroTek

HSC
I'll I'm saying is that we have signs posted, and the STM ignores them, and then tells me i'm wrong when i refer to said signs..

(our SM is almost bald... about 0.5cm long hair and even he still wears a hair net)

Last edited:

Mannequin25

HSC
my new stripey shirt arrived the other day....... havent worn it yet cuz its bloody disgusting :angel:

weve been banned from wearing the green vests now, i had a bit of a whinge, but no one listened as usual lol. I just wear my knitted vest all the time now :rolleyes:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I fucking ordered my striped shirt in November and it still ain't here. So it actually is ugly?

The green vests .... i was going to say did look good on some people, but no, they didn't. Ever.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
or who are in a brass quartet, as someone said a while back.

But mannequin, when did you order yours? I ordered mine on the 27/11/2009 and it's status is still 'BackOrder' (which doesn't mean anything considering the spot one i wear is 'Warehouse')

I think there will be a bit of an awkward period where people, especially service supervisors, don't want to be the first one wearing them and be like "yeah these are the MANAGEMENT shirts" *hair flick*

edit: OK and so on the totalimage page it is like 'Availability: In stock (green tick)' and then down the bottom it just says 'Not Available' but in the title it says 'Delivery in Feb'. TOTAL IMAGE ARE ON CRACK.

Last edited:

Mannequin25

HSC
i ordered mine in novemeber too and it arrived about weds last week
it looks like green pajamas lol
i thought spots were bad enough, but this is just ew
im all for management wearing different shirts etc, but these just make everyone look like idiots imo

i loved my vest, then again, i wear vests when im not at work anyway :haha:
they looked good on some people. i think they looked great on the guys tbh, prob cuz they always look really tight on the females.

RIP green vest :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)