The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

YunniiE

HSC
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this and a new employee of Woolies.
Just want to know whats the pay rate for part-time 19 yr old nightfiller?
Is part-time better than casual?

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Casual usually pays more in any position than part time.

I HATE school holidays!!

Yesterday so many weird things happened. Like someone wanted to speak to our store manager so I said so over the PA, then he rang like he always does to see who it is. Then he was asking where the guy was standing, and I couldn't work out why, then I realised he was looking for him on the cameras. So I had to describe where the guy was standing, also realising a few of my staff were standing around me doing nothing so I was trying to subtly tell them to go do something without him noticing on the camera.
I hate it when they watch you on the camera, I really think its wrong.

Another thing, our service desk and express lane are all together. This old guy walked in the service desk door, past me and to the smokeshop. It was really busy at the time, and all the customers are like :O. I said to him, "can you get out of here!!" and my drawer opened. He came right up to me and was yelling in my face and rambling about crap like something about no chairs, nobody was doing anything but me and I just yelled "get out of here now!". He wasn't threatening, he obviously just had head problems, but he was fucking yelling at me. Then I had to do a refund for him which is what he came in for, and he wouldn't stop touching my hand.

/long angry rant

yobob

HSC
YunniiE said:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this and a new employee of Woolies.
Just want to know whats the pay rate for part-time 19 yr old nightfiller?
Is part-time better than casual?
probably around around $19-20 according to the award wages.

but nightfilling u have to work like from 2am-6am

Last edited:

Black Heart

HSC
It's official, i now have a job at Woolworths. They are going to call me sometime next week to update me about the induction on Saturday.

Roga

HSC
Black Heart said:
It's official, i now have a job at Woolworths. They are going to call me sometime next week to update me about the induction on Saturday.
Congrats. Welcome to Woolies.

HSC
Just a quick question. Would they send a staff member home if the staff member is obviously sick?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
Just a quick question. Would they send a staff member home if the staff member is obviously sick?
Now thats a tough one....

Yes:uhhuh:

HSC
Why tough?

I'm asking this question because I'm having a very very bad dry cough at the moment and I keep coughing every couple seconds. I don't know if I should call in sick or not because it may make me look bad? :( I don't really wanna disappoint my supervisor anymore because she kindly let me off for Xmas and NY because my plane ticket has already been confirmed and I had no idea we couldn't take leave during that period.

yobob

HSC
KaaN10 said:
How do I know how much I get an hour? 15 year old cashier/produce casual.
You shouldve gotten the pay rates sheet during induction.

15yo should get $9.85

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
AndromedaAiken said:
Why tough?

I'm asking this question because I'm having a very very bad dry cough at the moment and I keep coughing every couple seconds. I don't know if I should call in sick or not because it may make me look bad? :( I don't really wanna disappoint my supervisor anymore because she kindly let me off for Xmas and NY because my plane ticket has already been confirmed and I had no idea we couldn't take leave during that period.
normally i would call in sick, but given we're coming into a long weekend, it will look suss, even if you are genuinely sick, because your new they'll probably jump to concluscions.

if you are too sick they will send you home for Food Safety Issues

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
townie said:
normally i would call in sick, but given we're coming into a long weekend, it will look suss, even if you are genuinely sick, because your new they'll probably jump to concluscions.

You're sick

you fucking dirty homosexual bastard

jesus will destroy you.

HSC
townie said:

I'm in WA so Labour Day isn't on 6/10 here. I guess I can be categorised as quite new (started April this year) but what's the point of me going in to work and having them send me home and then trying to find a replacement? I really dunno man...should I or should I not call in a sickie? I can barely talk without coughing. :(

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
AndromedaAiken said:
I'm in WA so Labour Day isn't on 6/10 here. I guess I can be categorised as quite new (started April this year) but what's the point of me going in to work and having them send me home and then trying to find a replacement? I really dunno man...should I or should I not call in a sickie? I can barely talk without coughing. :(
oh, if you dont have a public holiday then call in sick.

edit: call as EARLY AS POSSIBLE THOUGH (we appreciate that) and if you have any suggestions for who might be able to cover you, that always helps as well

HSC
townie said:
oh, if you dont have a public holiday then call in sick.

edit: call as EARLY AS POSSIBLE THOUGH (we appreciate that) and if you have any suggestions for who might be able to cover you, that always helps as well
Thank you so much Townie! I think I will call in sick then. Yes, we open at 8am so I will call in then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)