The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I HATE NIGHTFILL!!!!

Whenever they see something in the wrong place, they just dump it in our stock trolley(checkout) & leave it for us!!!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
that reminds me, do u know what i found out from StoreNet

apparantly, company policy is that left behind stock is officially the responsibility of the department it belongs too, NOT the front end

grobsh

HSC
has the roll-out of this upgrade started yet?

some stores that have been refurbished in the last few months have already got the upgrade. from what ive seen of it, it looks shocking, the current software may be buggy, but the new one just looks terrible.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
some stores that have been refurbished in the last few months have already got the upgrade. from what ive seen of it, it looks shocking, the current software may be buggy, but the new one just looks terrible.
i assume ur talking about StoreLine?

Tahnford

HSC
i've seen the release notes for v 9 of StoreLine
Firstly, hello. Long time lurker, first time poster...

Are the release noted available over StoreNet? I was on there today looking for some other stuff for a new supervisor and I remembered this post and started hunting around for them but was unable to find anything. I have to say the Search link on StoreNet is next to useless unless you know specifically the title of what you want beforehand.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Are the release noted available over StoreNet? I was on there today looking for some other stuff for a new supervisor and I remembered this post and started hunting around for them but was unable to find anything. I have to say the Search link on StoreNet is next to useless unless you know specifically the title of what you want beforehand.
agreeed, storenet searching needs improving, or they need to streamline it. It's ridiculous, some forms are under Forms, but some are under Admin or Store Services. It's impossible to find anything!

I searched for "store release" tho for the release notes

bensneddon

HSC

Hi Tahnford,
Trust me, having the search link on StoreNet is fantastic. A few years ago you just had to know where things were!!
The Store Release notes are always in the same place on StoreNet, but just search for "9.0 Store Release User Guide" or "9.0 Store Release WoWPOS SCO User Guide"

bensneddon

HSC
If U are rostered on for ANZAC DAY is it public holiday rates??????????????????
In WA, ANZAC day is considered a 'half' public holiday. In other words, it's a public holiday until 12pm.

The majority of our supermarkets aren't opening for trade, but some staff will be in stores depending on what has been negotiated between the AM, HRS and SM. The liquor stores will be open from 12pm onwards, and I presume staff will be paid at normal rate.

Staff who are FT or PPT will be paid as per usual until 12pm. They will need to apply for annual leave for 12pm onwards if they wish to be paid for the full shift.

Monday 27th is the official public holiday for WA, and our supermarkets will be trading with staff on P/H rates.

Tahnford

HSC
agreeed, storenet searching needs improving, or they need to streamline it. It's ridiculous, some forms are under Forms, but some are under Admin or Store Services. It's impossible to find anything!

I searched for "store release" tho for the release notes
Hi Tahnford,
Trust me, having the search link on StoreNet is fantastic. A few years ago you just had to know where things were!!
The Store Release notes are always in the same place on StoreNet, but just search for "9.0 Store Release User Guide" or "9.0 Store Release WoWPOS SCO User Guide"
It's in a bit of a sorry state when I actually have to ask someone what to search for though. I was trying to find some EPay guides for an operator today, remembered the one I wanted, but couldn't find the thing because I was searching for 'EPAY' instead of 'E-PAY'. I guess when one is used to using Google for they expect a bit more from the humble search box.

Thanks to both of you though, will be sure to grab it tomorrow morning when I'm in the office.

patty4848

HSC
Woolworths Transfer Help

Does anyone know if its possible to transfer into a different role in your store (i.e. a checkout operator to transfer to nightfill or vica versa)?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Re: Woolworths Transfer Help

yes, definitely yes. i worked in variety, grocery, nightfill and checkout almost all simultaenously. it generally depends on which departments have availbilities though

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Am I entitled to a different pay rate or overtime when I go over 38 hours per week as a Partimer??? I am only contracted to 20 hours, but seing people are dropping like flies, I am doing 48 hours, in which 5hrs are Public Holiday rate though.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Am I entitled to a different pay rate or overtime when I go over 38 hours per week as a Partimer??? I am only contracted to 20 hours, but seing people are dropping like flies, I am doing 48 hours, in which 5hrs are Public Holiday rate though.
hmmm, depends, Woolworths has a new clause allowing for up to 48hrs without O/T during Easter, not sure if Big W has the same clause tho

Tahnford

HSC
Re: Woolworths Transfer Help

Does anyone know if its possible to transfer into a different role in your store (i.e. a checkout operator to transfer to nightfill or vica versa)?
Yes. Although as mentioned it will be based on availabilities of the department you want to work in.

In the case of moving to grocery from checkout, you should approach your grocery manager and ask if there are any spots, or express your interest in working in that department. You may be able to do nightfill shifts in addition to working as a checkout operator, couple of days in checkouts, couple of days in nightfill, depending on your contract of course. However if your intention is to only do nightfill, then your current manager (CSM) needs to release you from your commitment to service and your grocery manager needs to sign you over.

I'd advise trying to do a mix of shifts at first, as you may hate the department your in or move to, and you may find it difficult to get back.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
hmmm, depends, Woolworths has a new clause allowing for up to 48hrs without O/T during Easter, not sure if Big W has the same clause tho
Interesting.
Its for th e week commencing today if that makes a difference...I sense overtime:haha:
I dont think I am allowed to work 7 days in a week yeah?

Craven

HSC
that reminds me, do u know what i found out from StoreNet

apparantly, company policy is that left behind stock is officially the responsibility of the department it belongs too, NOT the front end
That seems a bit silly.. makes sense for F/E to keep note of left behinds and then return the stock to department/show because customers will see F/E (first) when they come back looking for it!

pokerchoker

HSC
Hey everyone,

OK confession time, i'm not actually a student. I only registered here because I work at Slaveway/Woolies and this has got to be the most comprehensive Woolies thread I've found on the net.

BTW I work at a store in Geelong, Vic in Liquor. Liquor is awesome, it's the one place where the customer is absolutely not always right and you basically have to have massive shouting matches with them every other day. I like to finish off these conversations with the words 'Don't come back - you're banned!'.

I've only been at woolies 6 months but I sorta like it. Anyone else here working in Liquor?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hah...There's been a protest outside a Countdown store in NZ today because Progressive LTD are the only chain of supermarkets to not yet charge for plastic bags here. I don't really care if they start charging or not, I'd probably still buy them.

jirwin

HSC
That seems a bit silly.. makes sense for F/E to keep note of left behinds and then return the stock to department/show because customers will see F/E (first) when they come back looking for it!
Depends whether you mean 'paid for and left behind' or loose stock in which the customer decided against buying before paying for their transaction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)