The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
My first day at head office went well today. Pretty awesome actually.

We're dealing with a media crisis at the moment. Apparently a grower has complained that we mark up our produce by as much as 500% and pay them, sometimes below their cost, which is totally crap.

brookie94

HSC
But I will tell you, people are noticing the fall in budgets, I've had a few comments from customers that they've started to prefer shopping over on our side.
thats completely fine by me ;) and im sure it is with a fair few others on here :p

BSammy

HSC
Haha yeah, If we have less staff, then less customers isn't exactly a bad thing.

Except for things like budgets, etc... I know how it all works, I just like having a day at work that isn't stupid.

PAYRISE THIS WEEK! Means we get paid more for what we do, but the company can afford ever so slightly less of us. Brilliant.

Harry778

HSC
When I was supervising on sunday this new guy started and we put him on a main register..10 minutes later I went to see how he was going and HES LISTENING TO HIS IPOD WHILE SERVING CUSTOMERS. I lost my shit..not out loud..haha but I was like WTF ARE YOU FOR REAL? So I went up to his register pulled the ear phone out of his ear and just went *laughs* "no" apologized the customer excessively and gave it to the SSM hahahaha! She was like are you joking? He was really listening to it?

Honestly couldnt believe it..then he asked at the end of his shift, so we're not allowed to have music? I said are you kidding? ffffuck.

HSC
When I was supervising on sunday this new guy started and we put him on a main register..10 minutes later I went to see how he was going and HES LISTENING TO HIS IPOD WHILE SERVING CUSTOMERS. I lost my shit..not out loud..haha but I was like WTF ARE YOU FOR REAL? So I went up to his register pulled the ear phone out of his ear and just went *laughs* "no" apologized the customer excessively and gave it to the SSM hahahaha! She was like are you joking? He was really listening to it?

Honestly couldnt believe it..then he asked at the end of his shift, so we're not allowed to have music? I said are you kidding? ffffuck.
HA thats actually hilarious.
In saying that I have confiscated ipods and phones SO many times (actually from the same two people) during dead late nights.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Oh, fuck me!
You've got to be kidding..

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Haha I remember blaring out my iPod before the store opened...Then after the store opens I just take it out the back....Much better than the instore radio shit.

NNS7

HSC
N/A

omg thats unreal! i've confiscated ipod's off nightfillers before but a checkout operator! that's nuts!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Those of you who 'confiscate items'...keep in mind that this is not school and you are technically stealing the items and if they take it further you could be in big trouble.

Whether it be an iPod/cellphone etc, that item is the legal property of the employee, and if you remove it from their possession against their will you could get yourself into trouble. If they are breaking the rules you need to warn the individual instead of removing his/her item.

Last edited:

ekul444

HSC
N/A
We got some of those small/high trolleys like coles has today :D
All the grannies are gonna be dancing down the aisles, seriously, they will be so so happy... :p

Oh and CSM rang me this arvo asking me to start earlier tomorrow - now doing 1230-2130.
As soon as i got off the phone i remembered i have a cold, shit im gonna die tomorrow :p

Last edited:

chandle

HSC
N/A
Those of you who 'confiscate items'...keep in mind that this is not school and you are technically stealing the items and if they take it further you could be in big trouble.

Whether it be an iPod/cellphone etc, that item is the legal property of the employee, and if you remove it from their possession against their will you could get yourself into trouble. If they are breaking the rules you need to warn the individual instead of removing his/her item.
It isn't really stealing, mainly because the item isn't really being taken against their will/without their consent.

I imagine in these cases, the person agrees to hand over the item, if only because they want to keep their job.

If it really were being taken against their will, you would have to be either forcibly snatching the item off them, or threatening or tricking them into handing it over, and then keeping it. Which I couldn't imagine actually happening in any of the cases being talked about here.

Last edited:
HSC
The only time were allowed our ipods are usually
Before starting, finishing, breaktime

Come on the woolworths radio isn't that bad buddy.

Woo had the best day off, went to Ikea and Leichardt :)

Then had to go upto work and saw some of my co workers in there nsw jerseys :)

Last edited:

NNS7

HSC
N/A
lol, i don't mean keeping them, i mean lets lock it in the drawer until the end of your shift.
This is also what I meant, not personally keeping it myself. They agree to hand it over or go put it in their locker.

SpongeHead

HSC
Hey guys, does anyone have a link to the PDF of the new Woolworths EBA that came into effect on July 1st this year? I can't seem to find it on the SDA's website and it's not even up on my lunch room wall :S

Anyway the reason I need it is my work keeps calling me to tell me that my shifts have been cancelled. Today was the second time this week and they called by 1 hour before I was due to start. Is this even allowed? I'm pretty pissed off at them because 1) They claimed they had to cut my shift because they needed to 'save some hours' 2) All of my shifts were allocated to me the week before on the roster so I was under the impression that they had planned how many hours they could spare and 3) I pretty much planned this week around my shifts.

I'm a casual so if anyone can tell me where I stand on this issue I would really appreciate it. I've got a good mind to ring in an hour before my shift tomorrow to say I'm sick or demand that I still be paid for today's shift lol

Btw I'm ok with them cancelling shifts and I understand they need to save $$$ blah blah, but please give me more notice than 1 hour beforehand....

Last edited:
HSC
Start times may be changed, if contact is made, prior to the employee's arrival
for work. Where the labour schedule is changed after the schedule has been
posted on the noticeboard, the Company will notify the employee of such
changes. Notification will include contacting the employee by telephone or
other electronic medium and leaving a message.

I presume that includes cancelling your shift?
I'll try and dig up the link for you, fairly sure its on the FWA site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)