The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

LonelyWolf

HSC
Assistant Night Fill Manager

I couldn't find any more information on this available position, is it just a regular night stacker job?

Thanks

powlmao

Banned
HSC

I couldn't find any more information on this available position, is it just a regular night stacker job?

Thanks
Nope, you will be an offical manager and you will be locked into a 2year training contract.

It is basically the Assistant General Manager of a Store expect for nightfill. In other words it is a big role

spilla2003

HSC
In other words it is a big role
Hahaha... "Big Role" :p It's a step up from a nightfiller, but all you'd be doing is pretty much just running nightfill whenever the NF manager isn't there & doing the shit jobs the NF manager doesn't want to do. Usually not on salary, just on a grade 4 (in SA anyway). If you've never done nightfill before, it's probably not the best fit for you. :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hahaha... "Big Role" :p It's a step up from a nightfiller, but all you'd be doing is pretty much just running nightfill whenever the NF manager isn't there & doing the shit jobs the NF manager doesn't want to do. Usually not on salary, just on a grade 4 (in SA anyway). If you've never done nightfill before, it's probably not the best fit for you. :)
In my store it is a big role :p

nanakid12

HSC

Thanks
I agree with spilla2003, I wouldn't take on that role until you have some sort of Nightfill experience - that will help to eliviate some of the initial stress that would come with the job if you moved up to it after you have done some shelf packing and all. The grocery manager at our store says that she wasn't thinking properly when they offered her the job because it is so stressful at the moment, especially with Christmas approaching and all.

I also love this really ancient regular guy - yesterday he buys a loaf of bread and some produce. I put the bread and produce in the same bag (the bread on top, obviously cause he wasn't buying much at all) and he tells me "Am I gunna have to start telling you guys how to pack bags?" and goes on to explain how he used to work at Coles 40 years ago and that makes him the top shit at bag packing.

I am not a people person.

nanakid12

HSC
Would have said something but no doubt he would have complained. :)

Just found out I have to supervise on Friday night (and might I add, the day I finish school forever haha), the first day these new tobacco laws come in. Everyone's gunna kick up a shit about having to pay for their smokes at the Smokehop instead of with their groceries at a main. I'll just lol :)

How come no one else posts their stories of work? I like to read too =)

Woo graduation tonight. So pumped

Last edited:

ytrbut

HSC
Had a Christmas show & tell for the area group stores, so had a metric shit-ton of pallet shuffling, made a lot of stock 'disappear' & wanted to quit at least 8 times in the one day. I fucking love being storeman.

But hey, at least I got a leftover giftbag from the CCA reps, can't complain about CCA propoganda, 2 free drinks & a pair of Ripcurl thongs! Actually, I can complain, it had vanilla coke in there.)
Hah I went to that show and tell, store looked good :)

Last edited:
HSC
well...I had an interview at my local woolies a few hrs ago , and i think it went pretty well. I conveyed really well how hard i want to work. Anyway, the manager said they would get back to me in a week. Are my chances high of being employed?

HSC
sick. The lady just called me back and invited me to an induction. i guess that means i am pretty much in.

Edit: unless i am dumb enough to screw up the induction. Can anyone tell me what an induction entails and how hard it is?

Last edited:

spilla2003

HSC
sick. The lady just called me back and invited me to an induction. i guess that means i am pretty much in.

Edit: unless i am dumb enough to screw up the induction. Can anyone tell me what an induction entails and how hard it is?
If you can get to the induction, then you've passed the induction. It's about 8 hours of the most mind-numbingly boring policies, standards and OH&S crap that you could ever imagine.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Lol you are already in, you have the job. There isn't really anythign to pass in the induction, it's just an introductory formality.

Welcome to Woolworths! Your employement will commence on the date of your induction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)