• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Things to do during holidays between end of Year 11 and start of Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
jules.09 said:
How are you going to fit Hannah Montana in then? :cool:
nah i can, i dont do phys so i got lots of time, plus i cud always watch that and do something at the same time

marcquelle said:
not me, ididn't even do that the day before exams last year thats just excessive
i dont do it b4 exams, i play games b4 exams coz i've already done the work

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
H4rdc0r3 said:
8 hours a day for maths, 1 essay per day for english in 2 hours. 2 hours each day reading frankenstein. 5 hours each day for phys and chemistry.

1 hour break, 6 hour sleep. REPEAT.
OMG!

Ezzzgi

HSC
Now I'm scared :uhoh:

I'm having trouble studying for exams (which I'm supposed to be doing now), and I procrastinate so badly... I just can't comprehend how people can study so much. And enjoy it.

As for me, I'm off to Turkey, and that includes first week back at school. I wasn't planning on doing anything at all, except get the work for the first week, and catch up on that.

This study like crazy approach also has me scared becasue I'm also missing the last four weeks of next term. So it's only a 5 week term for me all up. Though in those 4 weeks plus summer holidays when I'm away I'm telling myself I'll study. Well I have to, seeing as I'll be missing our first Yr 12 assessments (though I'm not sure yet if I'm doing them before I leave or after I come back).

Go out people! Into the sunshine and fresh air! And play some sport. It actually improves your brain's performance :)

sannous1

HSC
im not gonna touch a book, i have a hole year to study and focus properly , enjoy these holidaies, because the next holidaies wont be until after our hsc ,

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
kaz1 said:
That's the best way of putting it :p

H4rdc0r3 said:
8 hours a day for maths, 1 essay per day for english in 2 hours. 2 hours each day reading frankenstein. 5 hours each day for phys and chemistry.

Wonder how long that will last before he soon can't take it anymore.

ratcher0071

HSC
H4rdc0r3 said:

Are you sure you can do 17 hours study, with only 1 1hr break.

:jaw:

TunaFish

HSC
H4rdc0r3 said:

Is your name Crazy? If you keep that up, soon you'll end up in a mental asylum.

toby12

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
My advice is to chill out and drink heavily

Or do meth and babysit.
you legend.

H4rdc0r3 said:

lol, to put it nicely - get a life.

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL what a group!

I'd probably be heaps smarter if I had friends like that....

but I don't and I'd prefer to have fun in my holidays - well at least the ones coming up.
what?i thought studying was fun

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
studying more than 10+ a day is pretty hectic...

I would never consider that option but it's not like I don't want to do it, it's just that I cannot do it. :(

If hardcore can survive that intensive study routine, I salute you as the greatest BoSer of all time.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
studying more than 10+ a day is pretty hectic...

I would never consider that option but it's not like I don't want to do it, it's just that I cannot do it. :(

If hardcore can survive that intensive study routine, I salute you as the greatest BoSer of all time.
You should not look up to behaviour like that, it is extremly unhealthy, both for the mind and body.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
You should not look up to behaviour like that, it is extremly unhealthy, both for the mind and body.
It might appear that way but I still think it's really courageous (rather bold) to even think of such a routine like that. If he can actually take that into practice, that's just truly amazing work despite the side-effects of such a routine.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
It might appear that way but I still think it's really courageous (rather bold) to even think of such a routine like that. If he can actually take that into practice, that's just truly amazing work despite the side-effects of such a routine.
You are entitled to your veiw on the matter though i strongly disagree with it, it is yours. All i can think is 'fucks sake the boy is like 16-17 years old!' I think its disgusting that someone of that age should feel compelled to put themself through something like that.

Im not just talking about the side effects of studying that much, but what it means that someone actually feels they need to do it in the first place. What about his friends? his family? his health? Have students really been pushed to consider these as 2nd to studying for an exam up to a year away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)