this looks like a smart year (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Is Tim Large better than Menzies?
It's all relative and they are in different year groups so it's hard to compare. But tbh, I doubt it. Max Menzies was the best in Australia for his year group in terms of Maths olympiad and etc. But who knows...that Tim guy might come out of nowhere and get something out of maths olympiads

shaon0

HSC
i know a guy who is top in 3 unit & 4 unit maths (outright) at ruse. i reckon he is freaking tank - that's even better than sen lin in terms of ranks lol - he is apparently lurking around facebook trying to analyse his competitors for top-in-the-state in 4 unit and 3 unit ;)

i also know a guy who is going to like top the humanities with 96% average in Trials (and apparently during holidays he wrote like 100+ essays). He can apparently manage 1400 words for belonging essay with another substantial amount in the story...wtf? (with quality that even the teacher cannot write at)

but i won't name them all ;)

In all honesty though, we have some crazy brains on BOS as well like lolokay. let's briefly describe his acheivement:
- went to physics olympiad camp or whatever (top 20 in australia is it?)
- solves some retarded questions on 4 unit (he is damn good at perms & combs gahhh)
- other crazy question solving ability.

Besides, let's not ignore the humanities people. They are too under-rated. In the past 2 years or something, top humanities > top science + maths
Sen topped both 4u and 3u maths at Ruse last yr but some ppl may have tied with him for 3u.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sen topped both 4u and 3u maths at Ruse last yr but some ppl may have tied with him for 3u.
Yeah I know. He was ranked tied first at Ruse last year in 3 unit with like 5 people apparently. But the guy I am talking about came outright first by fairly good gap.

shaon0

HSC
Yeah I know. He was ranked tied first at Ruse last year in 3 unit with like 5 people apparently. But the guy I am talking about came outright first by fairly good gap.
Oh alrite. yeah thats pretty good but there's no olympiad ppl in the 09 Ruse whereas there were 2 ppl with olympiad experience in ruse last yr.

Methalos

HSC
Our school's got little chance of ranking in maths this year. Quite possibly 3 unit, but we just dont have the brains in 4 unit. We'll state rank next year with vasak, and definately top the year below that because Tim Large is the best guy to come through our school since Laurie Field or Henderson, but meh. There's no way our school this year is as good at its top end as last year (30 state ranks, 4 100s, 5 99.95s, 46 over 99).
Actually our 4unit teacher reckons we might have a few state rankings.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
our grade at school is apparently one of the best to come through in the last 10 years or so, so thats encouraging :)

imalda

HSC
well when we got our reports our Principal told us that we were by far the hardest working cohort she's ever seen and that's our hardwork has been reflected in our results. so i guess there's hope for us? we've always ranked in the top 15 as far as i can remember and we apparently might beat our '03 cohort who are apparently the best so far.

but man we are a paranoid bunch XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)