this looks like a smart year (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
how tank?
"scale of 1 - 100"
Kirby's 5th in Biology (in a Top 25 school) didn't count towards his ATAR estimate.
He got 118/120 in 4U Trials, and the two marks he lost were in the first question, where he made silly mistakes. (Admittedly, I haven't seen the exam, so not sure as to its difficulty)
He has his own Facebook appreciation society.
He's named after an awesome little pink ball of cotton wool.

How many of us can claim to have 2 of those 4 criteria?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Kirby's 5th in Biology (in a Top 25 school) didn't count towards his ATAR estimate.
He got 118/120 in 4U Trials, and the two marks he lost were in the first question, where he made silly mistakes. (Admittedly, I haven't seen the exam, so not sure as to its difficulty)

that just sits on everything else... i'm so jealous :(

untouchablecuz

HSC

well

i have my own apprecition society

not on facebook,

...around the worldddddddddddddd

Chase Collins

HSC
My school is Public and we were ranked in the top 200 last year, dunno if we can pull it off this year though!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
by smartest year they actually mean - easiest exams

absorber

HSC
I'm not sure if with 70,000 students overall there'll be 'smart' and 'dumb' years, statistically it's unlikely it would change from year to year because so many people would balance it out. People on here are just gun

q3thefish

HSC

Oi dude remind me that you're on my perma rep.

elmoateme

HSC
At Gosford selective '09>08>10

=( My year has soo much to live up to. Thank god I'm doing english early.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Well I know my grade is heaps smarter than last year (Ryde Secondary College)
The only thing I'm worried about is that the teachers are gonna get big heads
Out of all the teachers, only 2 or 3 are actually good

But yeah, last year my school only got 2 band 6s in English.. And they were the peopel that got 99+
Fail grade is fail

kwabon

Banned
HSC

so a scale to 1 - 100

i guessing around 105 would be about right.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Our year is better than last year IMO, but mainly because the IB didn't manage to leech out all the smartest kids from the cohort like it usually does ...

yheywood87

HSC
HEAPS smart year considering how many people failed to even read the question correctly for english?

kenshinx77

HSC
WHO CARES!!! we'll know the answer in ONE month time =)

just in case u can't read one in rly small letters and mixed up accidentally with two

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i know a guy who is top in 3 unit & 4 unit maths (outright) at ruse. i reckon he is freaking tank - that's even better than sen lin in terms of ranks lol - he is apparently lurking around facebook trying to analyse his competitors for top-in-the-state in 4 unit and 3 unit ;)

i also know a guy who is going to like top the humanities with 96% average in Trials (and apparently during holidays he wrote like 100+ essays). He can apparently manage 1400 words for belonging essay with another substantial amount in the story...wtf? (with quality that even the teacher cannot write at)

but i won't name them all ;)

In all honesty though, we have some crazy brains on BOS as well like lolokay. let's briefly describe his acheivement:
- went to physics olympiad camp or whatever (top 20 in australia is it?)
- solves some retarded questions on 4 unit (he is damn good at perms & combs gahhh)
- other crazy question solving ability.

Besides, let's not ignore the humanities people. They are too under-rated. In the past 2 years or something, top humanities > top science + maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)