Timetables (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
but since the timetabling system is first in first serve, all the day sessions will be taken up leaving the evening sessions vacant and left to those who need to trasnfer credit on the 19th, after everyone else, a-z, will be finished!! :(

i don't like the timetabling system.... its making me thinking of staying at usyd...

Majesty

HSC
N/A
It doesn't matter, you'll get your classes believe me. Oh and did you ever think that maybe some people WANT to do evening classes. Like i did for maths last semester.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do you think? i don't think it's fair if they can refuse you day sessions. evening are more for mature age students and others who can't make it during the day, imo

Majesty

HSC
N/A
You will GET your day sessions. Mark my word :D It's barely ever that units ever are completely full. Although i have seen ACCG105 and STAT170 being full in semester 2.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sounds good.

but stat 170 full in 2nd semester? because it's a prereq for many courses, i would have thought it was full in 1st

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i was just wondering. well, i hope we get our timetables as we want them! i am very happy with mine, it all slots in, if i don't get it as it is i will have a lot of wasted time.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahh im so confused...
i went and accepted today and collected all the booklets and everything...
anyway i have no idea what we are supposed to do with the timetable booklet thing??? so do we have to work out our timetable with what days/times we are having lectures and tutorials for all our units? i thought that they do it for you with the computer on enrollment and all you have to do is tell them what units you want to do in addition to all the core

i dont understand that booklet thing... like how do i know how many lectures and tutorials and shit i need for each subject/unit thingy im going to do??????

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You select your units (Core + Electives). Select the lectures which are in the timetable, hopefully so they don't clash. Select the tutorials... and there you have it. They don't do it for you, they only enter what you tell them onto their computers.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
also i only have a total of 6 units of electives throughout my 3 years so is it up to me which year i do them???

ok im just looking at it now and it shows you how many lectures.... most seem to only have 1 a week... does that sound right?
and with the tutorials.... if there are say 3 tutorials for the week... do i only go for one?

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
also i only have a total of 6 units of electives throughout my 3 years so is it up to me which year i do them???
They usually tell you if you should have an elective in a certain semester, because the recommended maximum is 12 CPs per semester.

ok im just looking at it now and it shows you how many lectures.... most seem to only have 1 a week... does that sound right?
and with the tutorials.... if there are say 3 tutorials for the week... do i only go for one?

If you're doing Arts, that's about right. They mean you pick one of them - tutorials.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hmmmm ok...
so its not one tut for every lecture? like if one sub has 2 lectures a week?

and also... ok im gonna sound dumb but i know shit all about this whole uni business... do you do the same subs for the entire year? or does it change in second symester? because the handbook tells me the core and optional units for each year but not which symester..
ok i sound pathetic here lol

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jlh
but since the timetabling system is first in first serve, all the day sessions will be taken up leaving the evening sessions vacant
Nah. It's true u might not have as good a choice with tutorial preferences, but it'll all work out. Often they just say turn up at the first tutorial at the time u want and they let u stay if it doesn't get too packed. I think I did this for at least a third of my subjects.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, it's alright... it sometimes alot to get your head around at first.

You have two semesters per year. Each semester has it's own set of subjects...

You have the timetable booklet right?

If it says Lecture_1, Lecture_2, you have to go to them both. But if in Lecture_1 there are like 3 different times you can take your pick. Likewise with Tutorials. Does that make sense?

bong

HSC
bascially u pick one time from each *activity*, for lack of a better word

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahh ok i see i see... i think im getting it- slowly :) thanks

so how do i know which semester im meant to do which subject..? it wouldnt be my choice would it considering most of my subjects are decided for me already? i think i just saw for example... with the mas units... i have to do 104 and 105 and 105 is only offered in semester 2.. that'd be right then right???

thanks again... cant they be like school and do it for us :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, it's DIY, even the study bit :p

You should have a Recommended Program somewhere. You can just use that and it shouldn't be that difficult after that.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
study... DIY? you are kidding? i cant study on my own without being spoon fed :p
hehe ok thanks for all that people.... i should be right now... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)