too many international students (1 Viewer)

redmayne

HSC
Oh my god stfu OP.

If the presence of international students affects your learning, you need to get yourself checked out.

I'm so sick of these "bleurgh too many asians at unsw" threads. If you're xenophobic, go down to CSU or something, I'm sure you'll find others like you.

rx34

HSC
they're coming to drink the blood of white children! :O :chainsaw:
Lol, what are you some kind of dropkick bogan? Haven't you heard of globalisation? I agree with redmayne, just go to CSU, Notre Dame or any of those low-ranking universities. You're bound to find many of your kind aka low achievers.

philphie

Banned
HSC
william was being sarcastic. it's what englishmen are good at, dry humour

bio_nut

HSC
Lol, what are you some kind of dropkick bogan? Haven't you heard of globalisation? I agree with redmayne, just go to CSU, Notre Dame or any of those low-ranking universities. You're bound to find many of your kind aka low achievers.
hahaha, low achievers?

It's far easier for the international students to get into courses than the local students, MUCH lower entrance requirements. It's not like they had to work hard.

In fact, a lot of the international students from Asian countries are here as they missed out on places at good universities in their own countries as they WEREN'T good enough. So mummy and daddy pay for them to go here instead.

I have friends who are international students, but I have to say that the majority cannot speak English, are hopeless in group assignments and have no interest in socializing outside their immediate cultural group.

HSC
wah wah wah im an 09er and i noes evryting buot uniz

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
serious wtf is wit the amount of international students @ UNSW, i was ther today at the commerce lectures n realised that more than half of the students didnt speak english, this is such a massive turnoff to a great uni
Agreed- though of course I am the 'xenophobe' from the other thread.

I understand that international students are very important to bring in money; and all of our uni's would probably be pretty shit without them... but UNSW just has far too many international students. Perhaps many of them are not actually International students; maybe they are Australian residents or citizens that can't speak English very well etc.. but regardless.. it feels a bit like you're going to a Chinese/Indian school. Mind you - if you came from Sydney Girls or Boys, you'd be used to that.

I ended up choosing Usyd because it felt like the better uni anyway... and the campus is a million times better.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
hahaha, low achievers?

It's far easier for the international students to get into courses than the local students, MUCH lower entrance requirements. It's not like they had to work hard.

In fact, a lot of the international students from Asian countries are here as they missed out on places at good universities in their own countries as they WEREN'T good enough. So mummy and daddy pay for them to go here instead.

I have friends who are international students, but I have to say that the majority cannot speak English, are hopeless in group assignments and have no interest in socializing outside their immediate cultural group.
lol ... the amount of effort those kids have to go through to get a spot into uni over there is beyond what we have to do to get into uni here.

onholidays

HSC
wah wah wah im an 09er and i noes evryting buot uniz
That's what they said about 08ers!

But there are quite a lot of intl students at unsw...um...can't really do anything about it except accept it and besides, they're subsidising our education for us.

bio_nut

HSC
lol ... the amount of effort those kids have to go through to get a spot into uni over there is beyond what we have to do to get into uni here.
Yeah, I know :)

But we're not necessarily getting the ones who juuuuust missed out, we get the duds too.

mr2yen

HSC
Oh my god stfu OP.

If the presence of international students affects your learning, you need to get yourself checked out.

I'm so sick of these "bleurgh too many asians at unsw" threads. If you're xenophobic, go down to CSU or something, I'm sure you'll find others like you.
matter of fact is that i am asian but i have embraced Australian culture and speak english, what i am annoyed about is the international students that come here and totally disregard the fact they are in AUSTRALIA and rather than embrace Australian culture, they keep to themselves and do not bother speaking english

William kamel

HSC
Y r there so many international students in our unis anyways, aren't their facilities like overseas supposed to better than ours. I mean for example China, is a really really big country and they should at least have a few unis better than ours. hmmm.....the international students must come for another reason, a reason that we all probably know.
Yes that's right, there's too much competition in their counrties, hence they come to Aus, less competition, better job opportunities. MY they are smart.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
can anyone here honestly say that if they had to go to china for uni that they'd learn mandarin and try to make as many chinese friends as possible, in preference to hanging out with the other aussies? :S

EDIT: or say Burkina Faso or something, since smartarses will say they already know Mandarin -_-

Last edited:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
In a couple of decades all our upper management and social, cultural and political leaders will be indian or chinese :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)