Too tired of travel (1 Viewer)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Tsk tsk. Come visit at the centre!!! I want to know who you are~
I want to know which of sir's kids are geeky enough to become a mod on BOS. :eek:

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I wrote a really long post and then I lost it so now I'm sad :(

EDIT: The travel still sucks so much. Yesterday I woke up at 4.30am to get ready, and got all pumped up for my 8am start. Left home at 5.20 ONLY to have horrible transport problems with my bus coming more than an hour later (it's meant to come every 15-20 minutes). Ended up being super late to uni.

Anyway, good to know others have been/are in my situation, and have gotten through it fine. :D Don't have many options, so will try to make the best of it.
I feel your pain. My Countrylink train came 45 minutes late today and I've now missed the same lecture 2 weeks in a row because of ShittyRail's failure to follow their own timetable. :chainsaw:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but marks are scaled to a bell curve. That means they've allocated 5% of the cohort to get high distinctions and therefore there are always going to be people who get them.

QUOTE]

Not true - in one of my subjects (A Massively hard 8cp one) there was only one distinction given, and no HD's. (made me pretty damn proud of my credit).
How do i know? - the lecturer discussed the results the following year in the follow-on subject.

bineal

HSC
Its not that long travel time that pisses me off.

Its the fact that is fucking annoying to do your homework on the bus and train. You're always touching some fucker's elbow, theres no table to put your book on and the movement gives you a headache. Also the fact that so much of the education is internet based, it means that whenever i'm on a train or bus i'm paralysed because I can't access internet.

Fucking wanks
Suck it up princess, people have to deal with your shit on the train and bus too.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
hes probably one of those people with smelly breath who you move away from when you get the chance

yesterday morning i was sitting next to some fag and he ponged
pewwwww

aussie-boy

HSC
2.5hrs? Where on Earth do you live?

In fact, at 2.5hrs you must live within 30mins of Newcastle/Wollongong unis or within 1.5hrs of UWS

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
2.5hrs? Where on Earth do you live?

In fact, at 2.5hrs you must live within 30mins of Newcastle/Wollongong unis or within 1.5hrs of UWS
Including walking time (to bus stop, from train station etc) and waiting for transport to arrive it could easily take me 2.5 hours to get to uni by public transport.

I do live a 40 minute drive from UWS Penrith, however....it's UWS. And they weren't offering the degree I wanted to do when I applied for a uni spot anyway. Plus I share the parental's car so I don't drive to uni most days...and public transport to UWS is only slightly less painful.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Maybe they want to go to a better uni?
This. As if UWS can (generally) compare to USyd. I live about a 45 minute drive from UOW but public transport to there is almost an impossible bitch from where I live. It's irregular and would probably take me as long as it does to get to USyd. I also live about 40 minutes from UWS Campbelltown, but just living within an hour from a UWS doesn't mean that particular campus runs courses you have any interest in. Not to mention the reputations of both UOW and UWS generally aren't anywhere near those of USyd and UNSW, or even UTS.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i am so tired of travel too
i had to travel all over campus today with my legs
omg they hurt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)