Too tired of travel (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I could park up near the station or get a 5-10 minute bus easily enough, but I choose to walk because it's so flat and I did no exercise at all in the holidays.

And there's a 20 minute walk from Redfern to my class anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
ritalin
metadate
concerta
dexamphetamine
adderall
desoxyn
vyvanse
atomoxetine
various SSRI's, tricyclics, MAOI's and SNRI's

the possibilities to make it through uni are endless
and like i said, you'll be wanting to abuse a depressant to make it through the train ride. i suggest buying packs of panadeine and performing the cold water extraction as follows:

crush panadeine
dissolve in tepid/luke warm water in excess (it doesn't matter if you have an excess of water, as long as you know how much codeine you have in there. a good starting dose might be around 30mg)
place in freezer until at ~4C
place coffeee filter over a cup, fasten with elastic band and filter the liquid through.

within the liquid will be fairly pure codeine, while the paracetamol shit that will kill your liver will be stuck in the filter. enjoy!

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Welcome to Uni!

It's not like school, and you probably are further away (having gone to high school in the middle of the city for six years, it didn't bother me much last year, but obviously not everyone is so lucky).

Everyone takes a few weeks to adjust. You simply aren't in the same environment that you've been in for the past six years. If you can adapt, then you're good. What I'd recommend is this:

*Hang in there. Eventually you get used to it.
*Make use of any time off during the day. If you have a 2 hour gap in the middle of the day, perhaps you could use it to study. If you've already got 2 hours out of the way, you won't have as much to do when you get home.
*Try and get a bit of rest during the trip.
*(My general advice for everyone): Start studying from day 1. Far too many people will do nothing until stuvac, only to realise they now have 1 week to learn a 13 week course. Not a good feeling.

The rule of thumb in second semester is this: If you haven't started studying when the Jacarandas bloom on Physics Road, you're stuffed.
by the way, the rule of thumb concerns the jacaranda in the QUADRANGLE you stupid cunt

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah the walk from and to redfern and to and from the train station at the other end were actually really handy - meant that even on lazy days i got at least an hour of exercise (high intensity when the train was late...).

Oh - and during exams, get a train thats at least 3 trains before your normal one - you'll be stressed enough without the help of city rail!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
dude i have to travel from richmond/windsor okay and that takes nearly 1.5 hours to redfern so ur not the only one kk

and everyone knows that the western line is the worst in terms of the trains used, smellyness, hotness, overcrowding, crime, etc

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
i find that getting there a few hours earlier for some last minute relaxation (read: jerk off in the fisher stack loo's) is better than a few trains earlier.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Its not that long travel time that pisses me off.

Its the fact that is fucking annoying to do your homework on the bus and train. You're always touching some fucker's elbow, theres no table to put your book on and the movement gives you a headache. Also the fact that so much of the education is internet based, it means that whenever i'm on a train or bus i'm paralysed because I can't access internet.

Fucking wanks

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Aim: -Graduate in 3 years rather than 4 via a combination of self-study/taking extra units per semester
-Graduate with a hd average
-Gain enough passive income via systems to cover my living expenses by the end of my graduation
hahahahahahahahaha

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Its not that long travel time that pisses me off.

Its the fact that is fucking annoying to do your homework on the bus and train. You're always touching some fucker's elbow, theres no table to put your book on and the movement gives you a headache. Also the fact that so much of the education is internet based, it means that whenever i'm on a train or bus i'm paralysed because I can't access internet.

Fucking wanks
I *never* do uni work on the train. Not ever. And I have a solid 1.5 hours each way to get it done too. But I'd rather just put some music on and chill out/sleep. Surely there's another time you could do your work?

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
you guys are cruel
let the asian first year students one week into their degree have their unattainable dreams

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I'd like to see anyone achieve half of what I can with modest goals. If you're satisfied with a low aim theres no way you're even going to reach the top. Mock me all you want, i'm glad to be the butt of your jokes if it gives you a little more comfort with your insecurities and fears of moving outside your comfort zone.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
does the OP know anyone who goes to uni who lives nearby? Maybe they could car pool? Otherwise, i'm sorry but you have no choice but to get used to it.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
I'd like to see anyone achieve half of what I can with modest goals. If you're satisfied with a low aim theres no way you're even going to reach the top. Mock me all you want, i'm glad to be the butt of your jokes if it gives you a little more comfort with your insecurities and fears of moving outside your comfort zone.
I AM POWER
I AM PAIN
I AM THE ANIMAL
RAAWWRWRWRWRWHHWHRHRHHHGHHHRHH

go eat a chode. we've acheived goals. fucking spence is a mcdonalds manager. A MANAGER! what are you? an unemployed git who clearly has an ego problem.:cake:

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I AM POWER
I AM PAIN
I AM THE ANIMAL
RAAWWRWRWRWRWHHWHRHRHHHGHHHRHH

go eat a chode. we've acheived goals. fucking spence is a mcdonalds manager. A MANAGER! what are you? an unemployed git who clearly has an ego problem.:cake:
I am the best in the world at what I do and none of you gelatinous parasitic tapeworms, you hypocritical troglodytes, you lying and delinquent miscreants can do anything about it. I am the first undisputed champion of BoS, do you understand what I am saying to you criminal filth, amphibious filth from this festering cesspool?

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
I am the best in the world at what I do and none of you gelatinous parasitic tapeworms, you hypocritical troglodytes, you lying and delinquent miscreants can do anything about it. I am the first undisputed champion of BoS, do you understand what I am saying to you criminal filth, amphibious filth from this festering cesspool?
his best term was the way he rolled "flotsam and jetsam" off his tongue with such seriousness and contempt. whenever i say those words i burst out laughing

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
HEY SINOPHILE

i kind of wish i had have taken a screenshot of that post you just made. hahahahahahaha

mirakon

nigga
HSC
his best term was the way he rolled "flotsam and jetsam" off his tongue with such seriousness and contempt. whenever i say those words i burst out laughing
I said it before, and i'll say it again, we need more WWE trolls instead of all the generic, crappy lebo trolls that there's been an influx of recently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)