Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
fuck michael bay for ruining the best franchise ever

LoneWolf1990

HSC
This looks so cool, definately better than all 6 Star Wars movies combined.

zingerburger

HSC
fuck michael bay for ruining the best franchise ever
How did he ruin it? It's not like Transformers ever had any real depth or substance to the overarching concept. Given that, Michael Bay was probably the ideal director to make such a movie. I'm not knocking him or anything - it's just that he really does do good action movies.

I loved the first one and there's a good chance this one will be even better.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
How did he ruin it? It's not like Transformers ever had any real depth or substance to the overarching concept. Given that, Michael Bay was probably the ideal director to make such a movie. I'm not knocking him or anything - it's just that he really does do good action movies.

I loved the first one and there's a good chance this one will be even better.
Agreed. It's become some kind of fad to hate on Michael Bay these days. The guy does good popcorn flick, not every movie has to have the social depth and literary integrity of The Godfather, can't we just 'enjoy' films these days?

Anyway. It looks good (Y) But the it's just a Superbowl spot, not a lot can be made out.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
MICHAEL BAY IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!
I absolutely LOVE Transformers 1 : D

The second one looks so good!!! can't wait haha

[Most girls like shia labeouf. I like optimus]

Ligeti

HSC
I don't know.

I had high expectations with the first one, specially because the trailers looked really good, and the first half was good, but then went down hill really fast with cheap jokes (John Torturro and Anthony Anderson) and BAD action (the Bourne-style camera and editing really doesn't fit giant transforming robots)

And this trailer seems more similar to that second half of the movie. But it's a very short trailer so I'll wait to see more

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
This looks so awesome I can't fucking wait.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
You take that back!! :D

(Nothing surpasses the awesomness of the 6 star wars movies combined...maybe except for Jack Bauer...)
Look, you want to know why it's better, the Star Wars movies have memorable quotes, epic music, badass characters, good cast, and lots of battle scenes

Transformers has all that, but it also has funny jokes(like the desert battle with Scorponok), hot chicks, other music like songs by Linkin Park and The Used as well as scenes which strongly echo the 80s cartoon, this makes it cooler than Star Wars

Brontozaurus

HSC
I'm looking forward to it, but I much prefer Transformers Animated (and Beast Wars), which seems to have been effectively screwed over because Hasbro is so enamoured with the money-making possibilities of Revenge of the Fallen. Also because TFAnimated has Dinobots and the films don't. Also because the aesthetic for the films has been driven up to unimaginable levels of hideous judging by the new character designs (JAR JAR BINKS BOTS DO NOT WANT).

The first one was meh in my opinion. Sure, it got me into the fandom (and got me into spending most of my money on toys), but it just wasn't really good. The humour especially-it was obvious that it had been stuck in at the last minute.

Last edited:

DanteEX

HSC
Look, you want to know why it's better, the Star Wars movies have memorable quotes, epic music, badass characters, good cast, and lots of battle scenes

Transformers has all that, but it also has funny jokes(like the desert battle with Scorponok), hot chicks, other music like songs by Linkin Park and The Used as well as scenes which strongly echo the 80s cartoon, this makes it cooler than Star Wars
No it doesn't make it better than 6 movies, It's Michael Bay making a Movie about Robots that turn into god damn Cars...

At least the Star Wars franchise had a plot, This is basically (summarised in cave man point)"We Good Cars are Good, we protect small humans, Those Bad Cars, they want Power and.... are bad.....Vrooooom.... etc... EXPLOSION!"

That and Samuel L. Jackson was a God damn Jedi... Sam Jackson > Every avtor working on Transformers

But seriously... Robots turning into Cars...

u-borat

Banned
HSC
umm

star wars is an epic in the truest sense

transformers is a fad; noone's going to remember it in 20 years time and rightfully so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)