Trial Discussion Thread. (2 Viewers)

Makematics

HSC
immediately after most exams, and when i get them back, i tend to go through all of the questions and see where i lost marks and dwell on what i couldve done better. When i try to get feedback from other people, all they say is "don't worry about it brah, it is done now, you can't do anything about it now." personally, this is a shit attitude for me to undertake. in the past when i have felt the pain of my failure to the fullest extent, it has given me tremendous boosts for future exams. When i try forgetting about it, my brain registers that my failure wasn't 'that bad', and so the same thing happens again, and nothing changes. No pain, no gain. You gotta take the hit and retaliate harder than ever before for the externals rival! we believe in you!

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
immediately after most exams, and when i get them back, i tend to go through all of the questions and see where i lost marks and dwell on what i couldve done better. When i try to get feedback from other people, all they say is "don't worry about it brah, it is done now, you can't do anything about it now." personally, this is a shit attitude for me to undertake. in the past when i have felt the pain of my failure to the fullest extent, it has given me tremendous boosts for future exams. When i try forgetting about it, my brain registers that my failure wasn't 'that bad', and so the same thing happens again, and nothing changes. No pain, no gain. You gotta take the hit and retaliate harder than ever before for the externals rival! we believe in you!
I have the mentality of 'don't worry about it brah it is done now' between the time I leave the exam room and get my marks back.

I have the mentality of improving on my mistakes AFTER I get my marks back. There is no use worrying about what you'll get but there is use in worrying about what you actually got after the exam marks

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
From my experience, when people say things like that they usually do much worse than they expected. I know personally, a girl who's very good at Legal said the Legal trials were so easy and she finished with so much extra time and I found it difficult. I was in the same boat as you, thinking I'd bombed it. Turns out everyone found it difficult and I ended up thrashing her when we got the final results back. Same thing could happen for you.
Or you could take a different approach. For me, Extension 2 English probably won't count and since I did 13 units (you do 12) you still have lots of other backups if it doesn't work out. Don't drop 4U Maths!
Unlikely, the competition is overwhelming.

Even if I did well, the competition is still strong... so yeah...

I might have like barely any confidence when it comes down to doing exams nowadays but I have tonnes of confidence in my 'speculation' skills.

And if there's a reason for it to be unlikely...

Many of my predictions for exam results after doing them (I always mentally calculate an approximate mark cause I always worry about it) have been pretty much close to correct. Only some odd occasions that I happen to predict wrong (I mean I managed to even guess who'd be the finalists for Wimbledon 2013 so yeah....) but I literally KNOW I bombed out so this prediction is unlikely to be wrong.

Heck, my friends have asked me to predict their marks at times as well --> and let's say I have a good success rate at getting close to it and sometimes, the exact mark.

I have the mentality of 'don't worry about it brah it is done now' between the time I leave the exam room and get my marks back.

I have the mentality of improving on my mistakes AFTER I get my marks back. There is no use worrying about what you'll get but there is use in worrying about what you actually got after the exam marks
I'm pretty much the opposite. I always speculate and predict. And most of the time, it's better if I expect a worse result compared to a better result. (all dat reverse psychology)

I remember thinking I didn't do as great as I could (but I KNEW I didn't bomb out so it's a different story) for an Economics test --> turns out I topped the grade for that test --> was cheering.

Meanwhile, there's been many times for 3U/4U where I'm like confident that I'll do well --> only to get the results back and see that I did 'meh' --> disappointment.

:')

Makematics

HSC
dw rivalry same here, i tell myself i did badly so it isn't as bad when i get the results back.

i do a bit of both, it's better for me to think about it while it's still fresh on my mind.

Makematics

HSC
wow, i remember about a year ago when i opened a past hsc paper for 4u maths and thought to myself, "how can i possibly learn all this in a year." yet here i am, 1-2 weeks out from finishing the course.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
wow, i remember about a year ago when i opened a past hsc paper for 4u maths and thought to myself, "how can i possibly learn all this in a year." yet here i am, 1-2 weeks out from finishing the course.
this time last year I thinking how I would manage to write 4 essays in 3 hours for modern and ancient lol

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Last year I opened a past HSC paper for 2U math, and thought how can I possibly solve these questions. Yet here I am, 8 months after still going 'wtf is dis bs'.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I remember back in year 10 when I first looked at the question 8 from the most recent MX2 HSC paper (the basel problem at the time). Thought "wtf is this bullshit, fuck".

Now I just think "they couldn't have made a simple integration by parts anymore annoying could they..."

Makematics

HSC
I remember back in year 10 when I first looked at the question 8 from the most recent MX2 HSC paper (the basel problem at the time). Thought "wtf is this bullshit, fuck".

Now I just think "they couldn't have made a simple integration by parts anymore annoying could they..."
haha tbh mechanics looked the most intimidating...

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Just wondering, for the HSC exam in Chemistry would we get marked down if we don't state the state of something eg. O2(g)?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Just wondering, for the HSC exam in Chemistry would we get marked down if we don't state the state of something eg. O2(g)?
Yep, because if you don't state the state it is assumed to be aqueous. So unless it is aqueous, you probably will get marked down.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Last year I opened a past HSC paper for 2U math, and thought how can I possibly solve these questions. Yet here I am, 8 months after still going 'wtf is dis bs'.
hahahaha

2u maths pride :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)