Triple sciences? (1 Viewer)

adastra_inesse

HSC
Is it as hard/unnecessary to do all 3 sciences (preliminary biology,chem,physics) as the career advisor says? What if you need a strong base in sciences for university, e.g for engineering? Is it advisable to pick 'relaxation' 1 unit courses like photography/ceramics just to fill up 13 units in yr 11 to leave more time for important academic subjects like 3 unit maths?

If u can help, thanks a lot.

HSC
I dont think it is unnecessary to do 3 sciences. You should do what you are good at and in that way it wont be as hard and daunting as the career advisor says it will be if you choose a subject that you hate. So i say if you are reasonable at the subjects and enjoy them then go for it

HSC
Career advisors kind of generalise their advise. They dont know each individual well so they cant judge.

Doing 3 sciences isn't that much work as long as you understand the concepts. I do all 3 science and I'm fine with them.

You don't need one relaxation subject.. at the end of the day.. you still have assesments for them. Assesments arent very relaxing..!

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
It doesn't matter :) A subject is a subject, units are units hehe.
However, depends how academically strong you are. But i'm sure you'll be fine.
To be totally honest with you, I get worried when I think of 3 sciences.
I do Chemistry and Physics, and gosh, it drive me totally nuts :) !

But I love my sciences!

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
if you love your sciences, then by all means go for it!
but if you're doing it just because you feel you need it for uni, don't. it's easy to get sick of one science, and spending your whole day doing sciences could get rather tedious if you're not passionate about it...

NoFaceValue

HSC
From your post, I am making four pressumptions:
i) You want to do three sciences
ii) Therefore, you enjoy Science
iii) You are good at these subjects
iv) The only reason you're considering not doing that combo, is because you think it will be too much.

Although it is not necessary to do all three sciences, if you enjoy them; then go for it! They're all interconnected (biology, not so much) which means they should compliment each other quite well.

The only problem is, there may be a higher work load and you may find yourself getting bored if you do subjects that are too close together.

Do what you enjoy, what you're good at and what will help you at uni.
There's no point doing something you dislike just because your advisor said to.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
it shouldn't be necessary to do all three sciences. though i'd imagine physics and chemistry could be useful, depending on what branch of engineering you're interested in going into. you'd be better off looking into the engineering courses you're interested in at uni and seeing if any of them require prerequisites, and making subject selection decisions based on that.

having said that, you should also keep in mind that you might change your mind about degree/career options before you leave school so should keep an open mind about it all :)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Don't do it if you don't like your science. Cause damn, if you don't like science, you're gonna fail.

Doing all three sciences does help a bit though, as they support one another and have many links between each other. You get a better appreciation of the subject, as science doesnt respect the distinctions humans make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)