Two Jobs. which should i take? (1 Viewer)

audioxdoll

HSC
Hey guys,
hoping to get a bit of advice.
Ive been offered a job at both kfc and michels patisserie.
The kfc is about a two minute walk, and seems like very good management and training is offered.
Michels also seems to have good training, i know a lot of the people who work there however the boss seems a bit out of touch with the younger people.
I am 18 years old, in uni and about to go on semester break. Should i try doing both or is it better in the end if i choose one and hope it works out..
I just dont want to screw people over after a few months if i cant keep both jobs going.
Thanks for any advice :)

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
How is this even a problem?????? :p Yes, Michel's! Don't go to KFC!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Also, if you end up working at Michel's for a while you might get some experience in coffee making, which can be pretty helpful when you're trying to get work later on.

mb87

HSC
N/A
Also, if you end up working at Michel's for a while you might get some experience in coffee making, which can be pretty helpful when you're trying to get work later on.

LOL, she's at uni you know...and assuming not studying to be a coffee maker

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Yeah fully, cuz i was clearly talking about it as a career...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
At Michel's you're not going to end up standing over a deep fryer. The cleaning will be less, although the potential hours you can work will be less because it'll close by what... 6pm? So if you want more hours, KFC might be the go.

I'd go Michel's because I love making coffee.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Which one pays more per hour is what you should be asking...Also what about sundays im pretty sure that kfc would offer time and a half (dont quote me on that) Also micheals patisserie would only need three staff on hand a a time TOPS where as many more people would be needed to run KFC = more shifts and more weekend work which is probably better to work into uni scheduals which can be painful to work around. Plus kfc is open till like 11 usually so you would have the option of working nights during the week. And its close to where you live seems perfect to me! And who cares you have to clean ovens and do dishes its an honest job, that seems to work in perfectly with your schedual i'd take it.

Virelai

HSC
I've actually worked at both KFC and Michels Patisserie.

It really depends a lot on the staff and management at both places. Both workplaces are very hot, loud (usually), busy, messy, dirty etc.

But working as a barista at Michel's would definitely be my preference, unfortunately I was just on dishes! The barista's are under a lot of pressure when there are people waiting for take-aways but other than that it's just pretty routine. Sometimes you can mess up an order or spill it and have to start again. There's not too much that can go wrong and customers generally aren't as angry as they are in KFC if you make a mistake.

Plus Michels smells great :)

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
and really. what's there to ask coz its KFC. KFC is fast food and no one wants to work at a fast food restaurant. if you wanna smell like chicken or whatever go for it :)

HSC
Uni Grad
KFC workers actually seem to be legitimately proud to be working at KFC.

One even went as far as to include it in some way in every class activity or assessment task.

And he wasn't one of those annoying cunt people either.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Michel's. Skills are more transferable apart from anything else. how many other stores can you work in that are fast food? Limited choice. How many places willl hire a decent barista? Plenty

Deathless

HSC
Which Michel's? If it is in Chatswood I can reccomend you to the boss

joshhunt

HSC
I have worked for KFC for the past 2 years and I love it. But, it did take me a while. For the first couple of months, I hated it. It wasnt until I found my place in there until I really started to like it. You make loads of awesome friends. When I moved KFC's (because of uni), at first I hated the new KFC, but then I found my place (took me like a month) and it is cool. I am currently being trained up to be a manager.

Also, because of the fact that it is KFC, you will definitely get more hours, and I dare say that you might be paid more per hour (but I have never worked at Michel's, so I wouldn't know).

I have also found that the KFC's that I have worked at are very flexible with your hours. You tell them what hours you are willing to work, and what days, and they will do their best to stick to that. And because there are so many more employees, you might find it easier to swap a shift if you need to.

audioxdoll

HSC
thanks for all the advice guys, greatly appreciated. :)
Ive had my first shift at michels and it was great! I have had experience at gloria jeans coffees and michels was just a much better experience, great team work, well managed and i know most people that work there.
I rang up kfc and told them id been offered another job. they said they were happy for me to come work if i didnt like michels!
so no issues! it makes me feel bad because they are very genuine and easy going but oh well. my little sister actually works there too haha so its probably best for her if im not there.
Thanks again for the help! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)