Already voted...

1. Peter Hong
2. Deb White
3. Alistair Stephenson
4. Viv Mox-Hall
5. James Flynn

bio_nut

HSC
I'm just annoyed that a phone message has gone around the whole college saying 'make sure your vote reflects your college patriotism' ...vote Pat. Ugh.
Yeah, I know, lol :s

Dinner was split into people who didn't give a damn, and those rushing for tshirts, ahaha

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Again, why do you want to vote then, how does the union affect you?
Because the elections aren't just about now, they impact the future. Any changes made may affect me at a later date, at which point I may be a member of the union and/or be involved in union-run activities.

For instance, some of the candidates have proposed aims to change the Access system by way of semester memberships or part-memberships - this is definitely something that would impact me and (possibly) make me more likely to become involved in future.

bio_nut

HSC
I don't know though. That's like voting in another state's election because you "might move there some day". Heh.

Oh well.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I don't think so. It's not like there's an alternative union I'm a part of and I want to have a say in all of them just in case. In my case, I think I'd be much more likely to get involved in the union if it was more accessible and the changes I outlined in my previous post would make it more accessible for more people. A $50 membership for the semester, or a part-membership fee, would be a lot easier for many people to pay (especially at the beginning of the year) than the $100+ lump sum that it is now, as well as text books and other start-of-year expenses.

I honestly think it's in the best interests of the union to consider the votes of non-Access members because it will allow them to work on what's holding students back from joining. If they can make the union more accessible to everyone they will receive more members (and consequently funding) in the long run.

EDIT: @JohnMcGee It is possible to eat outside as well.

Last edited:

mes ami

HSC
Its sad after 2 weeks of campaigning and annoying everyone with flyers and speeches, you still dont know who to vote for...

my care factor is 0. I want my coupon and i would like to be told who everyone else is voting for so i can mooch. end of story.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
I don't pay to be in the Union because I don't have to.

a) Other people will do it for me
b) If the Union goes bust, the University will prop up the important parts of the Union - ie facilities.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Voting for Alistair.

Fair trade referendum, tell me how to vote guys.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
will be voting V for Viv, and then perhaps draw a penis on my ballot paper tommorow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)