Union Board Election 2010 (1 Viewer)

canterbury434

HSC
You support the idea of LOTE on our signs for international students, wtf?
He's a really nice guy. We had a 10 min conversation in Manning, turns out we went to the same primary school. I think it reflects really well on the candidates when they spend time actually talking to voters.

My ballot:

1. Peter Hong
2. Deb White
3. Viv Moxam-Hall
4. Ben Tang
5. Tim Scriven

bio_nut

HSC
Being a nice guy doesn't mean his policies aren't shit.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
everytime i hear the name "sibella" i think of a moustache. i dont know why.

greatscott

HSC
You support the idea of LOTE on our signs for international students, wtf?
Same boat as canterbury, Peter Hong came up to me while I was at Manning. He came off really well. I also asked him about the whole different languages on signs business and he said he didn't propose that at all (I did snigger because I've been lurking in these forums for quite a while). I then went to check it out and it doesn't actually say he wants that:

'· Update all signage and maps for Union buildings. '

He said it was a policy targeted mainly at Holme building since it's got dodgy signs (I agree with this) and that he had never said he wanted other languages on there, or 'everything not on my facebook group or website is just a rumour'.

I also think his policies are actually pretty decent, though he did come up and talk to me (unlike the other candidates), so I'm slightly biased. I think internships and transcripts are pretty good. Not sure why you think his policies are bad.

My list is probably:

1. Peter Hong.
2. Alistair Stephenson.
3. Deb White.
4. Sibella Matthews.
5. Undecided for the last one.

bio_nut

HSC
Same boat as canterbury, Peter Hong came up to me while I was at Manning. He came off really well. I also asked him about the whole different languages on signs business and he said he didn't propose that at all (I did snigger because I've been lurking in these forums for quite a while). I then went to check it out and it doesn't actually say he wants that:

'· Update all signage and maps for Union buildings. '

He said it was a policy targeted mainly at Holme building since it's got dodgy signs (I agree with this) and that he had never said he wanted other languages on there, or 'everything not on my facebook group or website is just a rumour'.

I also think his policies are actually pretty decent, though he did come up and talk to me (unlike the other candidates), so I'm slightly biased. I think internships and transcripts are pretty good. Not sure why you think his policies are bad.

My list is probably:

1. Peter Hong.
2. Alistair Stephenson.
3. Deb White.
4. Sibella Matthews.
5. Undecided for the last one.
That's interesting then, as his facebook page most definitely did say that.

Unless he's got rid of that now. Lol.

bio_nut

HSC
Hahahahaha, yes, just checked and he has changed it, completely cut out that part beneath the updating signs, blah blah.

It WAS there, so think he's even more of a cunt now, tbh, he's a lier too. Lol.

greatscott

HSC
Hahahahaha, yes, just checked and he has changed it, completely cut out that part beneath the updating signs, blah blah.

It WAS there, so think he's even more of a cunt now, tbh, he's a lier too. Lol.
He made a really good impression though, I don't think he was lying, tbh, I think he's actually one of the candidates that is the most honest. He's the only one that seems like a decent person really. That Hiltin literally jumped into the middle of the group I was with when we were in class and started ranting on. Plus I think he genuinely has good policies, :p maybe we just have different opinions of him. What is your top 5 bio_nut?

HSC
yeah i don't think the access cards are a big issue for the majority of college kids... well apart from the boys at pauls who somehow feel that the union making them have access cards devalues their entire existence. But I don't see anyone complaining about the fact that all the colleges have compulsory membership of the sports union...and most of the arguments against having access cards can be applied to the sports union membership as well.

I'm not sure if there really is one person that is going to get the colleges voting this year...massarani just isn't nice, and half the other candidates aren't bothering with having any kind of policy targeting college students.
The only reason the majority of college students might vote is because there is now a polling booth in bosch, which is a less than 1 minute walk from most of the colleges...

actually it is quite a different situation to the uni sport agreement... although there was a reluctance to it when that first came in. its just that theres no guarantee that a college member will be on the union each year which could very well affect us in the future with no representation. i never even picked up the access card i was given.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
actually it is quite a different situation to the uni sport agreement... although there was a reluctance to it when that first came in. its just that theres no guarantee that a college member will be on the union each year which could very well affect us in the future with no representation. i never even picked up the access card i was given.
If there's no college student on the union at any point it's because the college kids voted for somebody else.

izzy88

HSC
I don't think a college person should be on union board every year. In the end, the colleges have about 1500 people, i don't think that should guarantee us a position on union board. We are not a very big group, especially considering there are about 40,000 students in the university.

In any case, just for interests sake, last year there were three or four union board directors living at college.

roookie

HSC
bkm is right - it was one of his policies. i'm damn sure of it.

edit: and i dont think he, or any asian for that matter, can be trusted. especially after what happened to wentworth, level 4.
what happened to wentworth level 4 :confused:

melanieeee.

HSC
i, too, have spoken to peter and i have to say it has made him more favourable in my list. not because his genuine and everything (although that too) but his policies aren't bad. i couldn't find the international signs thing and i really couldn't care less if he changed his policies. idiots who full of ego dont change their policies when they find something wrong with it.

greatscott

HSC
bkm is right - it was one of his policies. i'm damn sure of it.

edit: and i dont think he, or any asian for that matter, can be trusted. especially after what happened to wentworth, level 4.
I went up there the other day, it looks the same as before (minus some fancy new furniture)? Also... that's a bit racist isn't it? :S

canterbury434

HSC
**** BREAKING NEWS ****

Turns out Sibella is BANNED from campaigning on Monday and Tuesday because she tripled the spending cap!

So much for independence and integrity, she spent HEAPS more money on the campaign then what the candidates are allowed - cheating essentially...

How do you think this ban will affect her chances?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
**** BREAKING NEWS ****

Turns out Sibella is BANNED from campaigning on Monday and Tuesday because she tripled the spending cap!

So much for independence and integrity, she spent HEAPS more money on the campaign then what the candidates are allowed - cheating essentially...

How do you think this ban will affect her chances?
It won't, that's a slap on the wrist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)