Unique Courses that other Universities dont have? (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
Do you guys know any courses out there that only one university has or only few only have? I know that a Paramedic course is one of the few courses that Sydney universities doesnt have at all. Any?

suling

HSC
Bachelor of Historical Inquiry and Practice @ UNE -new degree starting next year. :D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Bachelor of Ancient History, MQ. Though it's scrapped now i can still finish out the program

Lou283

HSC
Things like occupational therapy, physiotherapy etc only select universities do. Policing is another one.

john may lives

HSC
There is no such thing as a Bachelor of Ancient History at MQ. It makes no differencing to majoring in ancient history

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, can you explain what you mean by 'it makes no differencing to majoring in ancient history'?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. It makes no difference to what? and does this relate to what may-cat said about scrapping?

Thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

Is a B.A in Ancient history that same thing as a Bachelor of Ancient history?

http://www.courses.mq.edu.au/public...e/Major/Ancient+History+-+Egypt+and+Near+East

This is the one i'm referring to. This isn't going to be scrapped is it?
They scrapped the Bachelor of Ancient History (BAncHist) degree and now have a normal Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree instead.

It's even better now because your actual major (whether Egypt/Ancient Near East or Greece/Rome) is recognised.

Also you get a BA like everyone else doing a major in ancient history rather than a named degree.

So don't worry - if anything, you're in a better position.

---

Also I don't get the point of this thread. A lot of universities have somewhat unique courses?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
^ This. Don't freak out, it's really not that big of a deal. You still take the same subjects, it's just structured a bit differently under a different name.

Fake-Name

HSC
Ah thanks for that.
I'm happy as long as the courses are still there.

Thanks.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
All I'll say is make sure you still take your ancient languages. They used to be cores/compulsory in the B.Ahis but you don't *have* to do them anymore under the BA.

Fake-Name

HSC
All I'll say is make sure you still take your ancient languages. They used to be cores/compulsory in the B.Ahis but you don't *have* to do them anymore under the BA.
Thanks, Do you mean the individual languages they offer like latin, hieroglyphic and coptic, or do you mean an actual course called 'Ancient languages'?
Either way I'll definitely take it.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Individual languages. They can be a bit of a bitch but once you start to get sorta-kinda-okayish-good they turn out to be really helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)