UNSW 2016S1 Results Thread (1 Viewer)

omni16

HSC
Got it for 2nd stage with 83.5.

2015 'Business School WAM' was 83.5 (my overall 2015 WAM was lower though - due to my other degree).
Just wondering, with second stage do they consider your program WAM or just the WAM for the subjects you do in 2nd yr?

mreditor16

HSC
Just wondering, with second stage do they consider your program WAM or just the WAM for the subjects you do in 2nd yr?
Just the WAM of business school subjects you do in 2nd yr, iirc

leehuan

HSC
Ok I don't really know many people in commerce

But I was basing it off my own marks, like if I bludged and majorly fucked up in the first half of semester but pulled it together towards finals, then people who had steady marks all the way through would easily have 85+wam
Consistent marks are alright, but steadily good marks aren't always.

leehuan

HSC
What do you mean?

Aren't steady and consistent the same thing?
What about people who consistently get Cs for some reason.

Consistent and steady mean the same thing (sure) but consistent or steady don't imply well.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Only your Business School WAM for that specific calendar year (assuming you've done at least 24 UOC i.e. 4 subjects in that calendar year - to account for double degrees), rather than your cumulative/program WAM.

So let's say person A's 1st year Business School WAM is 65 in 2016, and their 2nd year Business School WAM is 85 in 2017.

Assuming the cut-off is 83 for that particular year, even though their cumulative Business School WAM is only 75, they would still get Dean's List for the 2017 Calendar Year (i.e. only their 2017 performance is considered).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ok I don't really know many people in commerce

But I was basing it off my own marks, like if I bludged and majorly fucked up in the first half of semester but pulled it together towards finals, then people who had steady marks all the way through would easily have 85+wam
It's pretty subjective and dependent on the individual.

I know one thing about me is that I tend to max out on marks in the same sorta area if I put maximum effort throughout all sem (compared to half decent attempt first half of sem) since finals are worth heaps any way.

However, I have friends that max out in the 90s when they put in a similar amount of effort (we set out study goals as a group quite a lot of the time, they are just better at learning and are better at exam technique than me).

plop

HSC
Am I right to assume that for actuarial studies, math1151 and math1251 are not included in the calculation of the 'business school WAM' for Dean's list?

leehuan

HSC
Am I right to assume that for actuarial studies, math1151 and math1251 are not included in the calculation of the 'business school WAM' for Dean's list?
Everyone's been telling me yes to that question.

hoseyy

HSC
Do all students get the results in their outlook tonight or will there be some who won't get it till tomorrow?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Oh fuck I didn't need to be reminded of this

Also got the email about them changing up the system. Does that mean I won't receive emails from places I've signed up to with my zmail?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh fuck I didn't need to be reminded of this

Also got the email about them changing up the system. Does that mean I won't receive emails from places I've signed up to with my zmail?
They said will remain active for 6 months in the email to give you time to move all your things

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Expecting to see that first pass based on the WAM change.

Not keen for tonight [emoji31]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)