UNSW 2016S1 Results Thread (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
how hard is it to get your wam up after doing pretty terribly in sem 1 LMAO

are all law subjects wam killers or does it get better when you get the hang of what law is? (i.e. the bell curve thing)
The whole Law degree is a WAM killer :p
Well I mean, rip...

But then I have another first year friend who's on 85+ right now doing law (but combined with something else).

As for how hard it is to raise your WAM up, well given that WAM is just a formula if you keep doing well it should come up eventually?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I mean, rip...

But then I have another first year friend who's on 85+ right now doing law (but combined with something else).

As for how hard it is to raise your WAM up, well given that WAM is just a formula if you keep doing well it should come up eventually?
the more u do the harder it is to increase wam towards the end

leehuan

HSC
Well yeah if you keep messing up the impact on your WAM would be reduced of course. But a constant streak of 90s against just one bunch of 70s will have some impact regardless.

Not that it's necessarily easy since later years can get harder

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I mean, rip...

85+ average is 'do-able' for 1st year combined Law, given that you only do 1 law subject per semester.

Different story when you start doing 2 law subs per sem, 3 law subs per sem and eventually 4 law subs per sem.

how hard is it to get your wam up after doing pretty terribly in sem 1 LMAO

are all law subjects wam killers or does it get better when you get the hang of what law is? (i.e. the bell curve thing)
Don't worry too much about ILJ.

I think you'll get a better indicator of where you are as a law student in Torts.

Even then, some people do improve quite significantly as they go on.

(Can't speak from my own experience though as my results for Law have been generally 'consistent')

hoseyy

HSC
This probably isn't the correct thread to ask this in but what would be a competitive wam for first year commerce?

D94

HSC
N/A
This probably isn't the correct thread to ask this in but what would be a competitive wam for first year commerce?
Around 83 will get you on the Business school Dean's list (top 5%).

leehuan

HSC
What D94 said.

85+ average is 'do-able' for 1st year combined Law, given that you only do 1 law subject per semester.

Different story when you start doing 2 law subs per sem, 3 law subs per sem and eventually 4 law subs per sem.
He did 2 this semester and he's in first year.

Law/Music

Mr_Kap

HSC
yeah but you know...honours is something you should aim for, and a 58 won't cut it.
Well I hate maths so whatever. The other subjects can carry me to over 70 WAM.

faisalabdul

HSC
N/A
what would be a good wam for 1st yr actl? cos a lot of people i asked have gotten hd wams
That's a very general/opinionated question. One person may consider a 75 WAM good, whilst another individual may consider a 85 WAM to be good in first year actl.

What i can tell you is that for actuarial, you would want to be at a distinction (or higher) wam by the end of your degree, to be competitive in terms of getting a job etc etc

maysilees

HSC

rekt when u do eng/law and laws dragging ur wam up LMAO

ty tho next sem is gnna be great

2xL

HSC
Confirmed stream declaration wam glitch working for comm law

leehuan

HSC
Really?!

I thought commerce people would be easily scoring 85+ average
Lel

But seriously you'd be surprised at the lack of people who put in enough effort to get HD.

That and some people do the harder courses too early.

D94

HSC
N/A
Really?!

Few years ago, in our 2nd year, my friend was on the list, his WAM was around 83.

Probably is higher in first year though. I think it's the top 5% of each level.

leehuan

HSC
Few years ago, in our 2nd year, my friend was on the list, his WAM was around 83.

Probably is higher in first year though. I think it's the top 5% of each level.
It's not that much different I think.

24-48 UoC Dean's list are generally HD WAMs anyway, so 85. According to my second year friends.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Really?!

Got it for 2nd stage with 83.5.

2015 'Business School WAM' was 83.5 (my overall 2015 WAM was lower though - due to my other degree).

matchalolz

HSC
Don't think this is the case, definitely exists, but not the standard
Ok I don't really know many people in commerce

But I was basing it off my own marks, like if I bludged and majorly fucked up in the first half of semester but pulled it together towards finals, then people who had steady marks all the way through would easily have 85+wam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)