UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

Yeah I watch them at home every week. This is for all lectures from 3 subjects. I attended lectures for my 4th one.

1A

to be fair I did it the day before and I never do that so my fault I guess

Ayyy lmfao same. My tutor said before he marked it though that he was going to be uncharacteristically harsh in marking because the distribution of marks was too high in the course :L The comments on mine really don't justify the mark I got hahaha.

Hopefully the exam isn't too hard. No real way to study for it though so annoying without any past papers etc

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Physics was pretty easy.
I am lying.

I think I got 54%

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Ayyy lmfao same. My tutor said before he marked it though that he was going to be uncharacteristically harsh in marking because the distribution of marks was too high in the course :L The comments on mine really don't justify the mark I got hahaha.

Hopefully the exam isn't too hard. No real way to study for it though so annoying without any past papers etc
yeah I know same. It was obvious he didn't understand what I wrote with that design an experiment thing but he said the idea was interesting? Wtf lol and just took off a whole bunch of marks.

maysilees

HSC

LMAO i think i got < 40 for phys???????? help

Red_of_Head

HSC

You may get a UF if that's the case
Yep, you have to pass the final exam to pass the course. However, depending on how you've gone throughout the rest of the course, you may get a chance to take a supplementary exam to pass.

That said I'm not too sure how scaling factors into it.

Last edited:

maysilees

HSC

Yep, you have to pass the final exam to pass the course. However, depending on how you've gone throughout the rest of the course, you may get a chance to take a supplementary exam to pass.

That said I'm not too sure how scaling factors into it.
:( tbh everyone seemed to be suffering pretty bad after that exam. no PV graphs send help.

ya hopefully ill get a supplementary :/

parad0xica

HSC
N/A

To be fair, there is too much rote learning particularly for first year psyh-if you have a good memory, it is a very easy wam booster for first year psych subjects
I thought first year psyc was bullshit. The only skill I gained from it was a bit more confidence in public speaking.

mreditor16

HSC

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

LMAO i think i got < 40 for phys???????? help
Why do you think that? Just a heads up though, usually the supplementary exam can actually be harder than the original exam (I think they assume you have done extra study or something)...

Physics first year first semester was a horror to me-I really only did it because I was forced to as part of my degree-remembered only subject where I did my homework booklet 5 times to understand every single question and remember how to do them so that I won't be so screwed for the exam. I think the prospect of failing was what motivated me to be so bothered.

maysilees

HSC

Why do you think that? Just a heads up though, usually the supplementary exam can actually be harder than the original exam (I think they assume you have done extra study or something)...

Physics first year first semester was a horror to me-I really only did it because I was forced to as part of my degree-remembered only subject where I did my homework booklet 5 times to understand every single question and remember how to do them so that I won't be so screwed for the exam. I think the prospect of failing was what motivated me to be so bothered.
HAHA IT WAS TERRIBLE!! it was nothing like the past papers, no PV graphs or anything. so like everything i studied wasnt really useful at all HAHA and i even sat down and did the homework qs LOL

matchalolz

HSC

I'm so screwed for finance ahahahaha

Occupied

HSC
N/A

so phys 1a is a wam-killer? wb foundational physics (phys1111) if u know?

Priestolicious

HSC

For those who sat Phys1A, I don't know why you're stressing about not passing. Literally 50% of the final exam are gimme marks, like 0 effort at all. How have you gotten through all the labs without learning a single thing! Why didn't you ask your demos for halp or go to the duty tutor! Easy subjectttttttttttt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)