Unsw co-op 2009 (1 Viewer)

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
Okay, I am sure I would be the bottom on the list for the interviewees for ISM. I was SOOO bad that the interviewer said "You are more suited to BIT" and "Actuarial Studies interviewers are going to be keen on you". He wanted me OUT ><
Owchhh.. =S Oh dammnn.. But I think that you'll get actuarial for sure anyways. ^^

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
what about finance? how was that?
Finance was OKAY-ish. I ... well, since I didn't got to the Finance briefing lecture but the Actuarial one, my friend who went to Finance accidentally reported back to me incorrectly that I was in Panel 1 (ASX and JP Morgan), when I was actually in Panel 2 (Westpac and UBS).... so all that crap I had prepared about the ASX and JP Morgan acquisition of blah blah blah just went dooooooooown the drain. FML Haha~ But it wasn't so bad... >.< I just made up some random crap.... although they did ask me "Why did you put Actuarial first over Finance?" ... which was rewarded with a temporary awkward silence....

Oh wells. But I KNOW that I did better in Finance than Actuarial....but I don't really know anymore because EVERYONE was coming out feeling fantastic and smiling.... >.> So I went home to gorge on icecream and fatty foods .... -siiiiiighs- >.<

Hmm... well...law is still nice, right? =D

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahhh what were the questions like?
pretty much what they have on application form + "elaborate" part.

and they ask u some funny calculation question like "how many petrol is used in sydney on monday?"

vivien023

HSC
and they ask u some funny calculation question like "how many petrol is used in sydney on monday?"
Did they ask these 'weird' questions for accounting as well?

because for my interview, i didnt have one =D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I failed that question. >.> SO BADLY.
lol...it's ridicuulous how i calcualted it ><

i was like

"let's see....i will take my family as a typical australian nuclear family that is made up of 4 people"

then "there are app. 4 million people in sydney and my family runs 2 cars. on monday, we use more petrol because during weekends we tend to go out and use up some petrol and cannot be bothered to fill them back so we fill them on monday when we go out to work. i would believe that many families are in that exact situation."

then "we gotta consider the possibility where we have smaller or larger families and in recent trend, there has been an increase in number of people living alone or just with a partner. so let's divide 4 million into 3 million for typical nuclear families (4 people) and 1 million for other smaller families (2 people). so we have 750000 and 500000 families respectively. And nuclear family would have 2 cars whereas smaller families would have 1. so 1.5 million and 500000 cars = 2 million cars.

then "now, we have 2 million cars for domestic use and let's say that average fill-up is around 50 litres because there are small and big cars with varying amount of fuel contents" so 50 litres x 2 million cars x 1/4 chance that they fill up on monday (since I said that they fill up more on monday) = about 2.5 million litres.

then "that's for domestic use and we now gotta consider industry and government use. i recently read that industry uses at least the double the amount that people use for domestic purspoe so i would guess 5 million there which adds to 7.5 million litres in total.

lastly "However, that's purely estimate and there are daily factors which can come into this calculation so I would guess that it would be around 7-8 million on average"

Last edited:

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
lol...it's ridicuulous how i calcualted it ><

i was like

"let's see....i will take my family as a typical australian nuclear family that is made up of 4 people" ....
lastly "However, that's purely estimate and there are daily factors which can come into this calculation so I would guess that it would be around 7-8 million on average"

Namu. I think that I hate you sooo much right now. >.< (kidding~~~)

T_____T

Really. OKAY~ I failed actuarial studies. >.> -siiiiiiiiiiiighs-

Hmm.... are there more actuarial interviews tomorrow? =S

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Namu. I think that I hate you sooo much right now. >.< (kidding~~~)

T_____T

Really. OKAY~ I failed actuarial studies. >.> -siiiiiiiiiiiighs-

Hmm.... are there more actuarial interviews tomorrow? =S
nope

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
yea. i am gonna do combined law/commerce (actuarial) if i don't get this.
I think you'll gettit. .... omg my response was so crappity in comparison. =.=;;;

OKAY~ I'll just do B. laws/B. Commerce with a double major in Actuarial and Finance...... is that combination even possible? Or is it just purely suicidal? =S

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nope. i don't think so. i won't be top 25%....

I think you'll gettit. .... omg my response was so crappity in comparison. =.=;;;

OKAY~ I'll just do B. laws/B. Commerce with a double major in Actuarial and Finance...... is that combination even possible? Or is it just purely suicidal? =S
if u do combined law, u cannot do double major in commerce...just one major.

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
.... so I have to sit here and wonder what the hell I'm going to do with myself for the next 6 years of my life. =S Ughhhh... how unpleasant. >.<

Just one major hums? =S Oh crappity..... >.>

Well.. I'm glad that you aced the actuarial ones. ^^ Well done! When was your interview?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^my interview was 1:30 pm.

.... so I have to sit here and wonder what the hell I'm going to do with myself for the next 6 years of my life. =S Ughhhh... how unpleasant. >.<

Just one major hums? =S Oh crappity..... >.>
methink law + actuarial is suicidal...but i will have a go if the opportunity arises.

ValentinesM

HSC
I screwed up actuariaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll....FML

It's like that feeling after you answer a question and you have this "that made absolutely no sense whatsoever......." sort of feeling. =.=;; Problem solving = FAIL FAIL FAIL

Yes. T_T And the worst thing is...most people came out of it grinning and smiling and feeling great... OH WELLS~ I wish them the best. ^^
you're not alone seriously, i felt the same. i just rambled and felt so embarassed because of my rambling

Thecorey0

HSC
I got a weird problem solving one, but luckily, it was one that had been said before on these forums by past interviewees. I had to estimate the number of toilet rolls used by the entire population of Australia in one year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I got a weird problem solving one, but luckily, it was one that had been said before on these forums by past interviewees. I had to estimate the number of toilet rolls used by the entire population of Australia in one year.
which interview was this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)