UWS Academic SCHOLARSHIP (1 Viewer)

Dylanamali

HSC
Hey,

for all those who received an email today regarding a 5k/yr scholarship from UWS,
it'd be good to see what ATARs you received so I can get an understanding of the cutoff for the scholarship this year.

Thank you and all the best for uni prefs =)

I received the scholarship email - ATAR 98.75, so did my friend with 97.05

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I was offered an academic scholarship from UWS, and the condition was 90 or over atar. And lucky me got 89.90.

Dylanamali

HSC
I was offered an academic scholarship from UWS, and the condition was 90 or over atar. And lucky me got 89.90.
that is really, really unfortunate and as I was reading on the other thread, I'm surprised that when when you called they didn't budge..
5k/year is by no means something to quickly dismiss and its a real shame that you missed out by such a tiny margin.
I wish you all the best though, and maybe I'll see you at parramatta campus next year, haha.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Haha thanks :)

With such good atar's like that, aren't you aiming for usyd, unsw, uts etc?

Dylanamali

HSC
Haha thanks :)

With such good atar's like that, aren't you aiming for usyd, unsw, uts etc?
haha, I've been considering other uni's..
but in all honesty, my biggest aspiration and main goal is to get into medicine..
and if I manage to be ranked in the top 6 in adv sci at UWS then ill have an opportunity to get an interview for UWS medicine, which is ultimately the plan.

Having said that, I did receive a much greater ATAR than I had anticipated, and so I've considered other universities and courses, such as physiotherapy @ usyd and also bachelor of science/master of nutrition @ usyd.. but at the end of the day, I'm not ready to give up on my aspirations of becoming a doctor. So atm i'm 90% sure I'm going to go UWS for Adv Sci.. the fact that I will also be on a scholarship which should cover majority of my fees is also a bonus im not taking lightly.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
haha, I've been considering other uni's..
but in all honesty, my biggest aspiration and main goal is to get into medicine..
and if I manage to be ranked in the top 6 in adv sci at UWS then ill have an opportunity to get an interview for UWS medicine, which is ultimately the plan.

Having said that, I did receive a much greater ATAR than I had anticipated, and so I've considered other universities and courses, such as physiotherapy @ usyd and also bachelor of science/master of nutrition @ usyd.. but at the end of the day, I'm not ready to give up on my aspirations of becoming a doctor. So atm i'm 90% sure I'm going to go UWS for Adv Sci.. the fact that I will also be on a scholarship which should cover majority of my fees is also a bonus im not taking lightly.

Fair enough! Uws is good for location too. Best of luck :)

qev

HSC
N/A
Are you sure your friend got a scholarship with 97.05? I got a higher atar than him and I didn't get one

Dylanamali

HSC
Are you sure your friend got a scholarship with 97.05? I got a higher atar than him and I didn't get one
yep, he got an email yesterday.
We both had it in our top 3 prefs.. maybe that may affect it?

qev

HSC
N/A
Well it was my 3rd preference, perhaps it needs to be number 1?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
You just need over 90 and you need to do a specific course. It's called the Dean's Scholarship.

Dylanamali

HSC
You just need over 90 and you need to do a specific course. It's called the Dean's Scholarship.
Nah.. there's two different types - Dean Scholarships which applies to Advanced courses. e.g. advanced science, etc.
or there's Academic Scholarship which is usually around 95+ ATAR.. both are valued at 5k/year

Dylanamali

HSC
Well it was my 3rd preference, perhaps it needs to be number 1?
oh okay.. well I had advanced science as my 1st pref..
my friend might have aswell.. he probably did.
I'm not sure.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine was my 3rd preference and I got an early offer, but not a scholarship and I got 94.75. So... pretty sure the cut off is 95... actually going to kill myself.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
EDIT: ^smart man

should change after you get ur umat results or after interview offers come out

Dylanamali

HSC
Criteria
Applicants must:

■be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
■reside in or have undertaken their Higher School Certificate in Greater Western Sydney
■have applied for a UWS undergraduate course as their first preference with the University Admissions Centre (UAC) by close of Change of Preferences, 5 January 2012

■demonstrate a high level of academic achievement through a minimum ATAR 90 or equivalent

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i had MBBS as my first pref.. but got no interview offer.. obviously coz my rubbish UMAT score, so changed it.
Me too, but I didn't bother changing it... was waiting for ATARs. :cry: I really need that scholarship. :cry:

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Mine was my 3rd preference and I got an early offer, but not a scholarship and I got 94.75. So... pretty sure the cut off is 95... actually going to kill myself.
Yeah it's Advanced courses ^^ for the 5k Scholarship. Advanced Business Leadership+Commerce/ Laws can qualify you for the scholarship although you gotta maintain 5.0 GPA.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

for all those who received an email today regarding a 5k/yr scholarship from UWS,
it'd be good to see what ATARs you received so I can get an understanding of the cutoff for the scholarship this year.

Thank you and all the best for uni prefs =)

I received the scholarship email - ATAR 98.75, so did my friend with 97.05
What about Physiotherapy and then transfer into med??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)