V8 Supercars 2005 (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
I only just discovered this thread now, but hear hear! braad speakeths thou truth.
lol...pity you discovered it at the end of the season :eek:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol ... brad got up out of the wrong side of the bed this morning :p

If Ambrose wasn't speeding in the pitlane, then why the hell was he half way up Lowndes's car? And I'm surprised Cambell Little wasn't fined for what he said.

I agree with on the commercial breaks, there was too many, fuck, it would be better if there were to commercial brakes at all, but that won't happen. Or atleast put some good ads on, like the ad with Schumacher in it :)
And the so called improve tv thingo next season won't be any better, especially saturday nights after the football. Knowing channel 10, they will find some way of delaying the V8 race.

And AVESCO are called V8somethingorotherwhorigtheresultsoftheraces.

Only very few people can actually do well in the reverse grid rounds - Lowndes and Skaife are two people that pop into my mind - especially seeing the Clipsal 500 this year, and Skaife stuffing up every race and cutting the first corner because he prefered to go rallying than V8ing.

On a brighter note, the gallar awards dinner was last night.
Winners:
Craig Lowndes - The Barry Sheene Medal; Most popular driver; Most pole positions
Stone brothers - 2005 champion team
Manufacturer of the year - ford
The Holden Racing Team was best-presented team of the year.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Cape said:
If Ambrose wasn't speeding in the pitlane, then why the hell was he half way up Lowndes's car? And I'm surprised Cambell Little wasn't fined for what he said.
i think ambrose nearly hit lowdnes coming into pitlane, he was late in brakaing down to pit lane speed.

were the v8 awards on tv this year? they were on last year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes, the awards are on tv. From memory I think they said the 18th of December.

Oh, v8 superstars will NOT be shown again. Which is unfair, who'd ever thought that the drivers had a funny side to them.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
oh i thought it was going to be shown like the next weekend but the 18th of December is along way away.

no v8 superstars!!! why not!!?? thats is such a bad decison not to televise v8 superstars...thank you once again channel 10!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its not on because it got crap ratings, also two of the drivers took verbal insults too far, and channel 10's budget for v8 supercars went over the allocated amount when extenting the broadcast for next year.

Next weekend channel 10 decided to put the review of the superbikes on :rolleyes: they are the only ones that ever get a season in review.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I wonder if 10 will show more interest in the truck racing or whatever the hell Ambrose is doing next year? Not that I would watch it, unless Ambrose gets his ass kicked!

10 could atleast put repeats of the races on v8 or F1 - i don't care, or A1 at a decent hour. Or something motorsporty that is interesting, and that does not include one of 10's "exclusive" BAR honda season in review.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Could have sworen that he was driving trucks. Sorta like the equivalent of our V8 trucks. A 3rd tier from NASCAR. I dunno, American racing is confusing and quite frankly, I couldn't give a stuff about it, I only ever watch the Indy 500. Wasn't he starting at the bottom and making his way to the top through "sheer ability".

Yes, I need telstra broadband *pulls out old gps from 2001* They'll do for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
SBR, well I dunno. Everyone knows that SBR provide nearly half of the ford camp with engines.

Ingall will be strong, since hes won the title, and that monkey is off his back. But James will take a few races to get used to the car and the tracks. Although he was extremely quick around bathurst, until he took his eyes off the road.

However, next season will be Lowndes's. Look how dominant he was once they got their car sorted out. Also HSVdelar team will be strong as well (yes, I know that they are getting a name change) and expect HRT to be back as well.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Cape said:
Could have sworen that he was driving trucks. Sorta like the equivalent of our V8 trucks. A 3rd tier from NASCAR.
thats what hes going to.

SBR should still be quite strong next year, and hopefully 888 will be good too.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ofcourse 888 will be good next year. Campbell Little is a genius! Him and Lowndes make an almost unstoppable combination - unless AVESCO put their big foot into it. Although, I dunno how Jamie Whincup will go next season. Well, I guess hes better than Dumbass Dumbrell :p The 88 seat should have gone to Seton. I wonder if he'll have a drive next season?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HRT :p The only good thing they have going for them at the moment, is Tom Walkinshaw has taken control of the company again. This should allow Skaife to concentrate upon his driving more. Maybe then he'll realise that you need to go around the first corner and not straight across it :p Maybe hes just getting a head start for practising for reverse grid races next season.

Rick Kelly is a complete tool who needs to grow up, and loose his voice. He speaks and drives worse than a little girl.

888 car > every other car!

Glenn198718

superior my fucken ass i dont reacon they are. i have to admit the car i went to my formal in was a holden and it was fucken hot lol

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Holdens aren't superior. They just bribe AVESCO to hand out stupid drive through penalties to all the ford teams who are in contention to win a race, especially Bathurst.

Rick Kelly drives worse than me with my eyes closed! The only reason why he won Bathurst twice was because of Murph, this year proved how shit he was. Where did he finish at Bathurst again? 16th! Even Lowndes beat him, and we all know what happened to Lowndes.

Next year it will be a ford on the top of the podium at Bathurst :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
huh? I'm not dreaming, I'm just merely opening your eyes from the Holden bias that has blurred your vision.

Kelly has nothing!

I can be a real bitch at times, can't I. Always happens when I talk about motorsport :(

Glenn198718

different opinions dont hurt anyone i say ford to win the championship net season. would like to see ford finish 1 2 and 3 just to shut you holden supporters up lol

nit

HSC
It's ironic that this thread is most active at the conclusion of the season.

It'll be interesting to find out what the make-up of the teams are for next year...lots of changes on the horizons. One thing is certain I think...HRT will remain intact with Todd Kelly and Skaifey....Go HRT in 2006!!

(And yes, I know I've got a fairmont in the display pic, but thats an anomaly)

Last edited:

nit

HSC
The problem with HRT was consistency I think...plus they never really got their act together in tuning the cars. I remember they compared Skaife round Phillip Island and Ambrose, and the difference was immense - the SBR crew were really efficient at fine-tuning the car as the race progressed...I don't think HRT were particularly brilliant at doing that and it was noticeable on the circuit and in lap times. Even at Bathurst, they managed to win by staying out of trouble pretty much, not by having the fastest car. Hopefully they can improve next year.

nit

HSC
yeh Skaife will be back...it's a question of when :)

I'm glad that that dickhead Ambrose is leaving lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)