Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
You realise their prophet was a paedophile, right?

So, they probably aren't the most morale adherents of a tradition.
HE WASN'T A PAEDOPHILE!!!!!!! Context must also be considered. This took place over 1400 years ago, at a time in which marrying at the age of 9 was a norm, in both the non Muslim and Muslim community.

Ahmed ftw

HSC
Brother he just said this about your religion and you just going to stand there?

"Muslims are seriously this stupid

Take some responsibility for your belief system and quit raping children"
Youre just as bad as the protestors, talking about people being beheaded if they talk badly upon any religion. No one should be beheaded. No one should have been killed. Violence isnt the answer, it serves no purpose.
And don't worry about Lolsmith, he's been an Islamophobe ever since. He would say anything to make Islam look like shit. He probably hasn't even read the Quran and he hasn't asked a Sheikh to translate. Books such as the Quran are not to be taken in the literal sense, any idiot knows that. Only religous scholars and Sheikhs know the true meaning of the Quran and it is against Islamic beliefs to read the Quran in another manner.
Lolsmith, if i was you, I would read the quran from cover to cover, and get a muslim of a normal state of mind to translate it for you. Then when you have properly enlightened yourself, maybe then you wont be so small minded and stupid.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Youre just as bad as the protestors, talking about people being beheaded if they talk badly upon any religion. No one should be beheaded. No one should have been killed. Violence isnt the answer, it serves no purpose.
And don't worry about Lolsmith, he's been an Islamophobe ever since. He would say anything to make Islam look like shit. He probably hasn't even read the Quran and he hasn't asked a Sheikh to translate. Books such as the Quran are not to be taken in the literal sense, any idiot knows that. Only religous scholars and Sheikhs know the true meaning of the Quran and it is against Islamic beliefs to read the Quran in another manner.
Lolsmith, if i was you, I would read the quran from cover to cover, and get a muslim of a normal state of mind to translate it for you. Then when you have properly enlightened yourself, maybe then you wont be so small minded and stupid.
brah nearly nothing I have written in this thread is my real opinion

Ahmed ftw

HSC
HE WASN'T A PAEDOPHILE!!!!!!! Context must also be considered. This took place over 1400 years ago, at a time in which marrying at the age of 9 was a norm, in both the non Muslim and Muslim community.
This. Also, just to let you Islamophobes know, Muhammad (PBUH) didn't touch her inappropriately when she was 9 years of age, you idiots. She lived with him and when she was old enough, he treated her as his wife. Prior to that, he was her guardian. Gosh.
And riproot your argument is stupid, there are girls to this day who are not muslims who are married off at 9 years of age, but noooo those guys who marry them arent called paedos right? we shouldnt talk shit about them, lets go out and deface islam because its more fun. As 7eleven has said, times have changed and the world 1400 years ago was very different to what it is now.
Please, calling our prophet a 'paedophile' is very low and it just proves that your argument is childish.

To say that all muslims are bad/terrorists/extremists is like saying that all australians give aborigines alcohol and weaponry as a means of payment, and all australians disease the blankets and clothes of indigenous too. Youre so stupid. I hope someone whacks some sense into you soon. So childish.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Fine. Lets talk about "burn the quran day" openly carried out by churches and pastors, in the name of christianity. Is this Christianity?
That was one guy in America that is not representative of the church as a whole.

Now with muslims rioting in 22+ countries and the rest of the world realising once again what a backwards religion it is, I think there will be a lot more quarans being burned now.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
the protest that occurred last Saturday represented a very small minority of Muslims, please before you judge any religion look into it. As every religion has extremists.
If it was just Sydney that this occurred I could accept that. When we have rioting in 22+ coutnries and burning of embassies and murdering of people, then no, I can no longer accept that.

Ahmed ftw

HSC
That was one guy in America that is not representative of the church as a whole.

Now with muslims rioting in 22+ countries and the rest of the world realising once again what a backwards religion it is, I think there will be a lot more quarans being burned now.

If you want backwards religion, i would advise you to go and watch some SBS documentaries about Jews and Christians. Would make a really big difference to your understanding of religion and what the word 'backwards' actually encompasses.
A lot of muslims dont agree with what happened on the day of the Sydney protests. I certainly dont believe that anyone should have been killed, its stupid. All this hate over a video, which many muslims who protested havent even watched. But to go on hating all muslims because of some stupid extremists is ridiculous!

Ahmed ftw

HSC
If it was just Sydney that this occurred I could accept that. When we have rioting in 22+ coutnries and burning of embassies and murdering of people, then no, I can no longer accept that.
Dont accept it, thats your problem. Furthermore, are those protestors the MAJORITY of muslims? NO!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ok, that's enough for tonight.

I'm too tired to keep reading this thread, and nothing will be achieved if it isn't carefully moderated.

I'll open it tomorrow.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You know that there are like 1 billion Muslims in the world right, my my reckoning a minority is <10%, I don't know the stats but I doubt anywhere near approaching 100 million people have protested

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, that's enough for tonight.

I'm too tired to keep reading this thread, and nothing will be achieved if it isn't carefully moderated.

I'll open it tomorrow.
Thread reopened. Play nice.

Peccadillo

HSC
You're using an anti-islamic website as your source and you question the accuracy of the statistics? Of course its subjective.

Also townie.. It's closer to 2 billion muslims worldwide. In Sydney there are reportedly close to 100,000 muslims. Numbers at this protest were 300~... to determine how many of those were actually violent or threatening would require pure guesswork.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
You're using an anti-islamic website as your source and you question the accuracy of the statistics? Of course its subjective.

Also townie.. It's closer to 2 billion muslims worldwide. In Sydney there are reportedly close to 100,000 muslims. Numbers at this protest were 300~... to determine how many of those were actually violent or threatening would require pure guesswork.
A vast majority of those statistics were taken from major news websites.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
A vast majority of those statistics were taken from major news websites.
Statistics from a news website is far more reliable than statistics from an anti islamic website whose main goal is to portray islam in a wrong manner.I think everyone would agree with me here.

Peccadillo

HSC
Statistics from a news website is far more reliable than statistics from an anti islamic website whose main goal is to portray islam in a wrong manner.I think everyone would agree with me here.
Obvious just stated the figures mostly derive from major news websites.

I question the validity of opinion polls in general to be honest. I read somewhere that 42% of Americans still believe the Iraq war to have been justified... Do I then discern that portion of people also believe that collateral damage has been justified as a natural proceed of war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)