Wanting to work in the UN? (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
forget the languages for now, the most important thing in working for the UN is to being internationally aware of socioeconomical, political and health issues all around the world, and i'm not just talking about just general things like Mugabe and the MDC powershare

CecilyMare

HSC
That depends which job, and I'm going for medical which doesn't necessarily require a minute by minute confirmation of political awareness.

philphie

Banned
HSC
That depends which job, and I'm going for medical which doesn't necessarily require a minute by minute confirmation of political awareness.
true but you still have to have an understanding of the bureaucracy and uninformed policies that are behind the causes of places that are in dire need of medical attention such as the UN's toxic scam in Kosovo.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Yea please, just shout insults randomly without giving evidence. Good arguement.
Standing by and allowing massacres to occur in Sudan and Congo, helping to install the current Kenyan regime, aiding Egypt in the invasion of Israel in the 1956 Suez War. An organisation that gives the same vote to Burma and Libya, violent dictatorships, as it gives to Sweden and Denmark, fair democracies. It is the epitome of evil imo.

spartan31234

HSC
The UN is a diplomatic organisation, it helps countries talk to each other. The point of the UN is to remain NEUTRAL, no matter what. Because of this the UN can stay an observe countries that have very hostile governments.

The UN is NOT a country, it does not have its own army, rather other nations fight by its name. You cannot expect it to go into countries and solve every problem through military means. There is the UNSC, but this relies on all members agree to intervene, which is rarely the case as member usual veto decisions based on national interests.

Since the UN is a diplomatic organisation and is made up of many nations, by accusing it of genocide you accuse the whole international community of genocide. Off course whether that is true is up to u.

spartan31234

HSC
Standing by and allowing massacres to occur in Sudan and Congo, helping to install the current Kenyan regime, aiding Egypt in the invasion of Israel in the 1956 Suez War. An organisation that gives the same vote to Burma and Libya, violent dictatorships, as it gives to Sweden and Denmark, fair democracies. It is the epitome of evil imo.
The UN did not aid Egypt in the invasion of israel they sent peace keepers to the boarder. I admit the UN is not perfect, however inaction does not mean the country is evil... Why haven't other countries intervened in Sudan?

Unfortunatly countries like burma have to have votes, like I say the UN has to listen to EVERYONE and it has to be neutral as it is a diplomatic organisation. To say the UN is evil is the height of idiocy.

The UN is not a country and has no national interest, rather is a group of countries it is more of an idea than anything else.

Hanakiri

HSC
The UN did not aid Egypt in the invasion of israel they sent peace keepers to the boarder. I admit the UN is not perfect, however inaction does not mean the country is evil... Why haven't other countries intervened in Sudan?

Unfortunatly countries like burma have to have votes, like I say the UN has to listen to EVERYONE and it has to be neutral as it is a diplomatic organisation. To say the UN is evil is the height of idiocy.

The UN is not a country and has no national interest, rather is a group of countries it is more of an idea than anything else.
What prohibits the UN from doing much is interest in itself, rather than caring for society as the whole. It really is just a charade, political facade for the leaders of whom are simply concerned about what they can gain, not give, to ensure peace and serenity. Basically, at least in my opinion, its a blatant way for politicians to be politicians; to say they are doing something and care about the world as a whole, but really aren't doing jack shite at all.

To be honest, best just to look up the examples, i have a feeling if people started naming instances this thread will fly out the tallest BOS virtual window. So Ill leave you with my opinion.

Last edited:

spartan31234

HSC
I not saying its fantastic, but to accuse of genocide is ridiculous

spartan31234

HSC
Learn to read the thread you cockholster

http://community.boredofstudies.org/4775846/post-26.html
And your such an expert in genocide, posting links from stormfront a rasict NEO NAZI organisation

"http://community.boredofstudies.org/4832163/post-4.html"

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
this really has become a we hate Kofi Annan thread

philphie

Banned
HSC
actually i've heard the pay isn't that great and working with for the UN is normally always on temp employment

spartan31234

HSC
maybe it depends on the job you do, but as an engineer you get paid pretty well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)