Was that a Maths exam? (1 Viewer)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I mean, why couldn't people have just accepted that I was correct in the first place and not mock me for my inability to use a calculator?
To be honest, I think it's because you are not budging one little bit either. That and because you can't be "correct" about something so subjective.

It works both ways :/

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
jm shut the fuck up
no one thinks you're cool, or big, or right for that matter
Hey, at least I didn't cheat in any of my Physics assessments :p (or any assessments for that matter in any subject)

By the way I wanna go to your tutoring for Physics. Hit me up with details. :)

WTF, he is my hero! I get down on my knees and pray for direction and guidance from the almighty jm01 and he listens to me. He understands me. My life has meaning now that i have found jm01, and now im starting to learn the magic of numbers. He comes to me in my sleep and tells an inspiring tale of what man and number can achieve when they work in harmony, in unison.

You would all do well to learn this.
You should write a book...

To be honest, I think it's because you are not budging one little bit either. That and because you can't be "correct" about something so subjective.
Here's the thing. *sigh* As I've said this many many times, in HSC Physics you can be a decimal or so off (eg. if the answer is 1.07 m/s^2 using 'exact values' then you can give 1.08m/s^2) and still get full marks, provided that you've shown all working. I don't know why this concept is so hard for people to understand. It's not maths, they're not testing your ability to use a calculator. Rather, they're testing your Physics abilities. So it's not subjective.

I've heard that it's similar in Chemistry too, but lets not go into that here :D.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
It's not maths, they're not testing your ability to use a calculator. Rather, they're testing your Physics abilities. So it's not subjective.
I was merely talking about the argument at hand. Calculator vs. no calculator. That's subjective.

And you don't need to tell me that they're not testing us on our calculating abilities, you just need to stop being so fundamentalist about it.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I was merely talking about the argument at hand. Calculator vs. no calculator. That's subjective.
The argument was not whether one should use a calculator or not. Rather they were questioning my ability to do HSC Physics without one and that I wont get full marks in the HSC if I am off by a few d.p. (both of which were basically proven wrong), both of which are definitely not subjective.

Proof enough?
Proof for what? So, I'm curious, why don't you come up with more "supporting evidence" that is out of context? Or just admit that you were wrong the whole way through and stop digging yourself in a bigger hole.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Out of context? That was your entire post. I don't see how it could be out of context.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
farout JM get a fkn life instead of trying to prove your ALWAYS right.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Out of context? That was your entire post. I don't see how it could be out of context.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/4712163/post-81.html

Bottom line: You took a question out of context, just to try and prove me wrong. But obviously that failed.

farout JM get a fkn life instead of trying to prove your ALWAYS right.
That's not ironic at all... Telling someone to get a life... I think it's analogous to saying "I'm not talking". :p

By the way, how would I subscribe to your tutoring services? Did I read correctly that first lesson is FREE??!! :D

shady145

Banned
HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/4712163/post-81.html

Bottom line: You took a question out of context, just to try and prove me wrong. But obviously that failed.

That's not ironic at all... Telling someone to get a life... I think it's analogous to saying "I'm not talking". :p

By the way, how would I subscribe to your tutoring services? Did I read correctly that first lesson is FREE??!! :D
i think someones a felcher =/ me no likey

this guy really has no argument, hmm... bye

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Jm01, I now hate you with an absolute passion. You are not right. Everybody in this entire thread is against you or gave a neutral response like "helper" and you're like "+1", "see i was correct all along", "you are wrong". Don't get me start on :

Why don't you lead by example and learn to back down when you're wrong :p ... But then again, you're not often right, but *drum rolls* ... you're wrong again...It really does suck being wrong doesn't it?
The above is absolutely pathetic. You are not right. Here is a life lesson: say that to someone in reality and they will not hesitate to punch you as hard as they can in the face. No one here thinks big of you, no one here likes you.
This reminds of numerous other threads such as "non-circular motion" and some of the physics forum about Motion (where Trebla burned you). Give up.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Jm01, I now hate you with an absolute passion. You are not right. Everybody in this entire thread is against you or gave a neutral response like "helper" and you're like "+1", "see i was correct all along", "you are wrong".
Your point? I think that thing that 'helper' said sums up pretty much what I was saying all along.

Here is a life lesson: say that to someone in reality and they will not hesitate to punch you as hard as they can in the face.
If you actually do that you'll find yourself being arrested pretty quickly. It's kind of useful having an uncle as a higher ranked cop. ;) So I actually dare you.

No one here thinks big of you, no one here likes you.
My care factor = 10^6 * i -- But then I guess that everyone in the whole world loves you :p (You know who/what I'm talking about ;) )

This reminds of numerous other threads such as "non-circular motion"
Again, your point being? Oh, and I don't think you can live up to Trebla's standards. So you haven't burned (nor could you ever do so). And, I don't think "numerous" constitutes 2 threads. You should do/revise primary school maths again:cook:

EDIT: BTW, I find it funny that you have to resort to "life lessons" and other threads without making any real point. Here's the thing:

1) You state that I cannot actually perform mental calculations and demand and explaination on how to do it --> I explain to you how I do it.

2) Unable to stand on point (1), you support the fact that I wont get full marks in the HSC if I make a mistake with calculations, whilst showing working --> Proven wrong by Helper.

3) Since you fail to come up with any new valid points, you resort to referring to "life lessons" and things irrelevant to HSC Physics.

See the pattern here? Who is it really that is giving personal attacks?

So I think the bottom line is pretty simple, and I think it is clear as to who got 'burned' here :D

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
If you actually do that you'll find yourself being arrested pretty quickly. It's kind of useful having an uncle as a higher ranked cop. ;) So I actually dare you.
I never said that i was going to punch you in the face, but say that one really wanted too (not me :p ofcourse), it would be worth the visit to jail.

My care factor = 10^6 * i -- But then I guess that everyone in the whole world loves you :p (You know who/what I'm talking about ;) )
I got know no fucking idea what you are talking about here

Again, your point being? Oh, and I don't think you can live up to Trebla's standards. So you haven't burned (nor could you ever do so). And, I don't think "numerous" constitutes 2 threads. You should do/revise primary school maths again:cook:
I never said that i measure up to Trebla, you really can't comprehend can you. + I could find plenty of more examples but you're not worth the time it would require trawling through your previous posts etc + I'm far better at maths than you, you can't even use a calculator ffs, a chimp could.

EDIT: BTW, I find it funny that you have to resort to "life lessons" and other threads without making any real point. Here's the thing:

1) You state that I cannot actually perform mental calculations and demand and explaination on how to do it --> I explain to you how I do it.

2) Unable to stand on point (1), you support the fact that I wont get full marks in the HSC if I make a mistake with calculations, whilst showing working --> Proven wrong by Helper.

3) Since you fail to come up with any new valid points, you resort to referring to "life lessons" and things irrelevant to HSC Physics.

See the pattern here? Who is it really that is giving personal attacks?

So I think the bottom line is pretty simple, and I think it is clear as to who got 'burned' here :D
Umm... check out your own arguement before criticising others. If yours was any better than mine then people (anyone) would be on your side. Since no one is, your quote is pointless.

Last edited:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I never said that i was going to punch you in the face, but say that one really wanted too (not me :p ofcourse), it would be worth the visit to jail.
I know who you are, and you're not that big. So don't pretend to be someone you aren't.

I got know no fucking idea what you are talking about here
Really? I wonder why someone decided to give your car a nice "touch" just over a week ago. I'd imagine because you're such a "nice" person and you haven't done anything to anyone to anger anyone. I think you better be careful, otherwise alot of people will be soon giving your car (or you) a nice "touch"... I wouldn't want to run that risk ;)

I'm far better at maths than you, you can't even use a calculator ffs, a chimp could.
That's not arrogant at all.

Umm... check out your own arguement before criticising others. If yours was any better than mine then people (anyone) would be on your side. Since no one is, your quote is pointless.
That doesn't prove anything.

On this note, I really don't care anymore (unlike some people). It kinda gets boring after 8 pages... so I'm out -- for now -- well, until I finish solutions to the 3U cambridge. :)

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i really cannot fathom how shit you are jm.

so glad you're on ignore list, don't even need to read ur posts.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I know who you are, and you're not that big. So don't pretend to be someone you aren't.
You don't know me in any way.

Really? I wonder why someone decided to give your car a nice "touch" just over a week ago. I'd imagine because you're such a "nice" person and you haven't done anything to anyone to anger anyone. I think you better be careful, otherwise alot of people will be soon giving your car (or you) a nice "touch"... I wouldn't want to run that risk ;)
Once again, no idea what you're talking about, someone ran into the front of my car, big woop. There was no ulterior motive. Besides, how do you know that at all? Stalking my facebook or something?

Choose your words wisely from now on i suggest, come fix me up then tough man

That's not arrogant at all.
"A bit of his [your] own medicine"

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
He was a senior marker in the HSC too, if you read my previous post.
I know.
But that's not what I've been talking about.
I was simply proving the fact that the marking scheme has nothing to do with cutting the course down, which you mentioned in order to assist your argument that your teacher is godly at HSC Physics in presumably all aspects because that's what the word, god, suggests.

... I'm not against anyone but I do want to maintain my neutral position. I just replied because you commented on my post.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

far out, how big a fukn loser are you?!?!?!?!?!?!

btw u think someone's gonna get arrested cos they punch you in the face???? grow the fuck up!

shady145

Banned
HSC
I think it is well proven that what I said was correct, whilst others argued that I was wrong.
here

Take for example 2008 HSC.

17a) the marking scheme says: "States the correct value". Doesn't matter if your substitution line is correct, if your answer is wrong, you just don't get the marks. Game over.

On the other hand, question 19c), you'd be absolutely correct. All you need is the substitution line. Same with 23b).

Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2008exams/pdf_doc/physics-notes-08.pdf

I forgot to mention above, that I just don't think it's possible for any student of HSC level to do the Physics exams without a calculator. And even if they could, why would you? You spend 2 mins more trying to get an inaccurate answer, than the kid who typed it into his/her calculator, where they'd get an accurate one.
hmm the official marking guidlines Vs your opinion... yep all the evidence supports y... everyone else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)