wat do rekkon u got raw mark in the exam??? (1 Viewer)

thebrightside

HSC
Probably around 50. :|

I shouldn't have been doing the stupid subject. I am not a chemistry person, at all.

danal353

HSC
how the fk can u guys tell?
i betchya half u tools (who say u got a raw mark of >80) wont get a band6 because chem isnt a test where u can rly self mark
no but I think you when they ask you a question out of 6 and you're pretty confident you know the answer then generally you'll only lose a mark or two if you missed something.

and for calculations if a lot of people got the same answer, then it's probably right. And it is just an estimation...

Allisonius

HSC
your dog died? :( ... should've applied for misadventure
Yeah. It had a stroke early in the morning, mum took him to the vet to be put down after she dropped me at school for the exam :s
I was pretty upset during the exam but wasn't sure they would really allow that as misadventure...
I have 3 extra units to play with anyway, wasn't a big deal if I didn't ace chemistry I guess.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
how the fk can u guys tell?
i betchya half u tools (who say u got a raw mark of >80) wont get a band6 because chem isnt a test where u can rly self mark
Well multiple choice, you can tell. The Mathsy questions, you can also tell. And say, for the equilibrium 6 marker, if you got all of them correct, you'd get at least 4, and then there's 2 marks, and some people can be quite confident that they covered everything.

shaon0

HSC
Lol that's a little high, 91 is probably a 92 and 94 is a ~95 because it was an easy exam.
Oh alrite. Someone told me they got ~85 last year and that aligned to 95. I thought that 08 was pretty similar to 09.

Aerath said:
Well multiple choice, you can tell. The Mathsy questions, you can also tell. And say, for the equilibrium 6 marker, if you got all of them correct, you'd get at least 4, and then there's 2 marks, and some people can be quite confident that they covered everything.
If you've done questions before which were similar to the ones in the 09 exam. Then, you'd be sure that you've covered most of the criterion for the question.

Last edited:

Blaz-357

HSC
guys, lol i feel like i got pwned hard...ur all saying it was easy and sheez..omg i found that test heaps hard lol...probably 80 if im LUCKY!

wsm91

HSC
hey guys i go to school ranked 5th in state, and say i get low 80s in raw mark..would that get me band 6?

hosay

HSC
N/A
mc: 15/15
core: 50-60/60, dont think i lost any marks in terms of not getting a question or making errors, so it depends on how markers like it
option (chem of art): 20-25/25

so: 85-100

btw, do all the options add up the same, or do they scale em separately before adding to the final tally. Like what if the highest mark for one option is 22 while for another its 25, doesn't that make that option easier?

blackratpoo

HSC
yes. they mark everything then a bunch of nerds analyse results. they compare what students got in the core with their options to determine which options were the hardest. then they mmodulate and do their shit. i must say, people have such different stories about what aligns to what!

i think a 91 would go to 93. as the marks get higher, the less they are aligned. and noone really knows anything. i find the fact that everything is out of your control scary. what if the computer misreads a 19 for a 14! fuck ups must happens. how do they minimise this?

Heshy

HSC
umm ok then to that set i reckon i got 85

which i doubt haha hopefully 86 still :p

nosh22

HSC
I found the test relatively easy and straight foward, but only because our trial was like a mix of the hardest questions i've ever seen, crammed into three hours. :eek: So in comparison to our trial, that paper was a gift minus the calculation questions.:)

I'll say 80 raw to be safe.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
hey guys i go to school ranked 5th in state, and say i get low 80s in raw mark..would that get me band 6?
You don't go to a school ranked 5th in the State. 5th is Hornsby Girls, and according to your profile, you're not a girl. Unless there's something you wanna tell us.....?

nosh22

HSC
You don't go to a school ranked 5th in the State. 5th is Hornsby Girls, and according to your profile, you're not a girl. Unless there's something you wanna tell us.....?

L
O
L

:rofl:

Haha, that's hilarious. On a serious note, where do we find where our schools are ranked? It changes every year, so is it really a good indicator of how well you will perform in 2009?

lynton

HSC
Does it really matter what school you go to? Because if it does its a load of BS. How can they discriminate between schools? Totally unfair for regional students who do not have a choice.
Anyway Chem i hope to get in the 80's.

nosh22

HSC
I'm sure it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Your own performance would definetly have the biggest impact. They can't disadvantage kids whose parents aren't willing to fork out 20k a year, or can they?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Does it really matter what school you go to? Because if it does its a load of BS. How can they discriminate between schools? Totally unfair for regional students who do not have a choice.
Anyway Chem i hope to get in the 80's.
Um, externally, they don't discriminate. Internally, they do tweak with the marks a bit. I mean, 95% at a school say Birrong Boys, is not gonna be 95% at James Ruse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)