What are you currently Reading? (4 Viewers)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The Unberarable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera for the second time.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
The Phantom said:
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Whoa! It just bought that, I should be reading that sometime tomorrow once I finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
The Silver Chair By C.S Lewis, i bought the whole 7 books in one in Auckland!!! its soooo awesome!

PLURFECT!

HSC
d-culture said:
Brave New World, Aldous Huxley- what a book. Its pretty hard to follow but the general ideas conveyed make you think about what lies ahead.
I'm reading BNW for Adv English.

I'm definitely into it, great writing from a great tripper... I MEAN - Author. ;)

I also checked out Utopia by Sir Thomas More for some light additional reading, finding it slightly more difficult to enjoy, especially next to BNW.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I was given a book for my bday "Tuesdays with Morrie"

it's a bestseller and is really warm and touching. Truthhfully, I would recommend this to everyone but it's particularly for drifters in life and people who like to think...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
d-culture said:
Brave New World, Aldous Huxley- what a book. Its pretty hard to follow but the general ideas conveyed make you think about what lies ahead.

It does irk a bit that some of the best ideas are not aways conveyed in the best style. Still, I suppose he is more of a philosopher than a writer.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The_highwayman said:
better for males or females? or is it one that isnt gender-specific?
hmm It's not gender specific at all. If you read the first few pages and hate it, then the book is not likely your "thing". However, if you do like it, you will really truly love it...

nwatts

HSC
Enlightened_One said:
It does irk a bit that some of the best ideas are not aways conveyed in the best style. Still, I suppose he is more of a philosopher than a writer.
I don't think his writing is that bad, it's just dated really poorly. But I do agree - the text seems more concerned with philosophy than literary status. Probably why 1984 is always considered a notch above BNW. Blended social commentary and philosophy with really brilliant writing.

retrograde

lawn posse
HSC
Forget the high-brow literature and non-fiction -

TAMORA PIERCE AND PROUD (or not, but still. The vaguely filthy feeling after reading her works eventually go away)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Great Expectations...pretty good so far but when Pip is not at Miss Havisham's, I get bored

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)