What color Braces should I get? (1 Viewer)

orthentix

HSC
Neon green should do the trick, just got mind off a few weeks ago yay.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Why don't you try the transparent / clear ones? I had those for a while... wearing white at the moment and hating it.

rozymisty

HSC
i had pink purple, light blue.....um some girls would get black.... but then again i had them ages ago and thank god not for as long as they thought id need them

The worst part was needing a plate before hand, and a retainer afterwards. Which made my already embarrashing speech impediment even worse...you wouldnt think having plastic up the roof of your mouth would affect your speech but it sure does! And id just stick it in my pocket most of the time, not very hygeineic but meah i hated that!
And now i have to get some type of braces again soonish coz my wisdom teeth fucked up the alignment.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
see what they have and mix it up, I got different ones for a while and then just settled for purples or pinks, the lighter colours are less noticeable but can sometimes take on the colour of what you eat
yeah, basically the same as me.
i tried most of the colours, lots of blues, greenred etc. then i just got pink everytime after a while

jules.09

HSC
My favourite was navy blue, when I had braces.

There was also this really funky teal/deep turquoise colour too.

Then I got rainbow.

Pastel purple with mint green.

Hot pink with bright purple.

Clear.

Etc.

It doesn't matter, you can get whatever you want. They're your braces.

What TYPE of braces are you getting - I thought that's what you initially asked. I was going to say NO to porcelain because they stain, aren't quite as cool, susceptible to damage/breakage and are considerably expensive in comparison to metal ones. :D

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Navy/Silver are unnoticeable and have the least impact. I have silver atm and you can't see the ring around the metal unless you look closely.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
get something distinctive and out there - BE DIFFERENT :)

daniieee

HSC
Black.

1. They take the longest to fade.

2. They are the least susceptible to breakage. (My orthodontist swears that the dye they use in the lighter colours makes them more brittle)

3. They make your teeth appear whiter, as someone said to me the other day.

4. They don't stain.
True, but I'd say at a distance it'll look like your teeth is rotting lol.

Go with pink and purple. I have them at the moment and they're so pretty. =]] They'll most likely fade by the time of your next appointment though.

Chicobo

HSC
There's these new type of braces called "In-Ovation"
They're clear, they don't stain and they look more visually appealing than normal braces.
I'm sure your orthodontist will offer them to you before you get the braces.
I got mine put on a few days ago and it certainly does look better than normal ones in my opinion.
Get those ones if you want.^^

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
There's these new type of braces called "In-Ovation"
They're clear, they don't stain and they look more visually appealing than normal braces.
I'm sure your orthodontist will offer them to you before you get the braces.
I got mine put on a few days ago and it certainly does look better than normal ones in my opinion.
Get those ones if you want.^^
Do they cost more though? That might be a factor for some.

I saw a variety of options when I got mine, most of the time the so called 'clear' or 'hidden' braces were often expensive and really you could still tell either by appearance or the way people talked or eat. One clear option I saw looked like people had something on their teeth because you could still see a raised bit... Just be wary of these things and costs.

Also these days no one really cares if you tease braces, people in adulthood get them as they were previously reluctant as a teenager and thus I have even seen lawyers with normal braces (who could probably afford fancy ones) as well as a range of other people who you would most likely not expect.

Last edited:

Chicobo

HSC
Do they cost more though? That might be a factor for some.

I saw a variety of options when I got mine, most of the time the so called 'clear' or 'hidden' braces were often expensive and really you could still tell either by appearance or the way people talked or eat. One clear option I saw looked like people had something on their teeth because you could still see a raised bit... Just be wary of these things and costs.

Also these days no one really cares if you tease braces, people in adulthood get them as they were previously reluctant as a teenager and thus I have even seen lawyers with normal braces (who could probably afford fancy ones) as well as a range of other people who you would most likely not expect.
Yeah I forgot to mention.. the In-Ovation ones costed $500 extra, and this type is only on the top half. I guess it's kinda worth it.. it never stains yellow and apparently it straightens teeth faster.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
litmus coating.
that way you know how acidic that food you ate was so you know to control your portions.

provided you have mirror you not smashed and gots 7 year bad luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)