What do u think of my subjects? (1 Viewer)

ptrgrgry

HSC
OK so I start prelim next year and I rekon these subjects look gud. Don't really care about scaling, atr my school they tell us no to look at that. Anyways, I chose:

English Standard
General Maths
Business Studies
DT
Senior Science
Hospitality

Might wanna swap Maths for Visual Arts/ or a VET Course. Not sure yet. :music:

Whats ancient like?

Aiming for ATAR 96- 97.5

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
it doesnt matter what people think of them, each person will have a different opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:

ptrgrgry

HSC
Our subjects are kinda similar tho. Whats business and standard english like? And we both do math.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, there's sorta a big jump between maths Extension 2 and General Maths.

ptrgrgry

HSC
Yeah, there's sorta a big jump between maths Extension 2 and General Maths.
Its math, it doesnt matter what level. ALl is pretty much the same. Except we do morer like financial and you do like... algebra and stuff.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Despite differences in approaches, there is a huge gap between MX2 and General if you were to compare them relative to each other.

Vandalism

HSC
Ancient History is a wonderful subject to learn, mainly since I have an interest in it. However, the exams are brutal: you are required to give evidence for your discussion with ancient and modern historian quotes & archaeological evidence and it's alot to remember, pretty intense too.

I'm starting to hate the subject haha. Love learning it, hate being tested on it. If you're interested in it, you will be learning about Pompeii and Herculaneum as your core topic, plus 3 option topics - which I'd definitely recommend you check out beforehand to see if you have an interest in those Ancient societies.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Its math, it doesnt matter what level. ALl is pretty much the same. Except we do morer like financial and you do like... algebra and stuff.
Don't kid yourself.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Subjects are fine if you're not worried about scaling... altho I wouldn't pick them, but each to their own.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Our subjects are kinda similar tho. Whats business and standard english like? And we both do math.
Business STudies has fair bit of theory but you will never encounter a difficult concept or anything like that. Just memorising the content.

Three of the OPs subjects have extended responses so you better perfect that during prelim and hsc years.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, is mathematics a lil closer? How hard is taht?
I have no idea how General relates to normal Maths, cause I haven't done General. But 4U is exponentially harder than 2U, so I guess it's going to be......exponentially^2 harder than General. OK, that was so lame.

shady145

Banned
HSC
one time when i had a 3u test, i did it during normal maths time, (my teacher teaches 3u and general) i did it in a general class where they were sitting a test aswell... i finished mine half hour early and i couldnt leave... i decided to do the gen paper XD not fun at all... it was like 10X + X/2=8
and heaps of right and non right angle trig... it was year 9 and 10 but weaker, sorry to say but gen doesnt compare anything to mathematics,3u or 4u

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I have no idea how General relates to normal Maths, cause I haven't done General. But 4U is exponentially harder than 2U, so I guess it's going to be......exponentially^2 harder than General. OK, that was so lame.
lol. very true though.

5.3 in Year 10 is far harder than general maths.

HSC
one time when i had a 3u test, i did it during normal maths time, (my teacher teaches 3u and general) i did it in a general class where they were sitting a test aswell... i finished mine half hour early and i couldnt leave... i decided to do the gen paper XD not fun at all... it was like 10X + X/2=8
and heaps of right and non right angle trig... it was year 9 and 10 but weaker, sorry to say but gen doesnt compare anything to mathematics,3u or 4u
+1

Agreed.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
indeed. we did polynomials, trigonometric curves, logs and circle geometry in Year 10. General maths is much weaker than Year 10 Maths and I daresay that it is even weaker than Year 9 Maths.

To the OP: with the subjects that you have chosen, you are gonna have to work extremely HARD if you want to get an ATAR of 97. Reconsider General Maths and Standard English. I picked Standard English and it was the worst decision in my life.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
General Maths is nothing wtf? I was helping my friend with his past paper and the hardest question on it was something to do with the area of a circle.

@ OP: You'll never get 97. Perhaps if you come first in every single one of your subjects, or similar. And that's not just in your school, I'm talking state.

shaon0

HSC
Anything's possible really. Just smash all of your subjects and you could get an ATAR of 96+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)