What should i do at the gym (1 Viewer)

HSC
stop being such a coon

untouchablecuz, omie j, the indian guy, have all been super helpful, thanks guys

you're just being a coon, as usual

q3thefish

HSC
also basically overhead press and back squats are out of the question, i actually cant put my arms/shoulders that far back

thats where the instability is, and my muscles have contracted to compensate lol weird
ah thats too bad because back squats = king exercise

do shoulder shrugs using free weights

untouchablecuz

HSC
you need to squat. the hormonal response/CNS stress you get from squatting will make even your biceps grow

if your shoulder flexibility is an issue then i suggest high bar squatting (olympic squatting, ass to gras style, youtube) with a wider grip. you won't be able to push as much as you would with as with low bar, powerlifter squats, but there'll be less stress on your shoulders (and a greater ROM)

OR

another solution are front squats. again, youtube for form. the bar rest up near your collarbone and there's hardly any shoulder flexion

Last edited:

untouchablecuz

HSC
Here is my school workout program:

Week 1-3:

Bench Press (4 x 6)
Incline Bench Press (3 x 8)
Incline Dumbell Flys (3 x 10)

Bench Row (4 x 6)
Wide Grip Pulldowns (3 x 8)
One Arm Dumbell Rows (3 x 10)

Ezy Curls (4 x 6)
Incline Dumbell Curls (3 x 8)
Supine Cable Curls (3 x 10)

French Press (4 x 6)
Tricep Pushdowns (3 x 8)
Overhead Dumbell Extension (3 x 10)

Dumbell Shoulder Press (4 x 6)
Barbell Upright Row (3 x 8)
Dumbell Bent Arm Lateral Raises (3 x 10)

Week 4-6:

Bench Press (4 x 6)
Incline Bench Press (3 x 8)
Incline Dumbell Flys (3 x 10)

Bench Row (4 x 6)
Wide Grip Pulldowns (3 x 8)
One Arm Dumbell Rows (3 x 10)

Ezy Curls (4 x 6)
Incline Dumbell Curls (3 x 8)
Supine Cable Curls (3 x 10)

French Press (4 x 6)
Tricep Pushdowns (3 x 8)
Overhead Dumbell Extension (3 x 10)

Dumbell Shoulder Press (4 x 6)
Barbell Upright Row (3 x 8)
Dumbell Bent Arm Lateral Raises (3 x 10)

Week 7-9:

Floor Press (5,3,3,3)
Alternate Dumbell Incline Press (3 x 8)
Swiss Ball Flys (3 x 10)

Reverse Grip Bench Row (4 x 6)
Seated Row (3 x 8)
Bent over Lateral Raise (3 x 10)

Preacher Curls (4 x 6)
Dumbell Screw Curls (3 x 8)
Dumbell Round the Worlds (3 x 10)

Close Grip Bench Press (4 x 6)
Incline French Press (3 x 8)
Tricep Pushdowns (3 x10)

Alternate Dumbell Press (4 x 6)
Dumbell Hang Clean + Press (3 x 10)
Incline Raise (Barbell) (3 x 10)
Trap Bar Shrugs (3 x 10)

Extras Per Week:

Deadlift (4 x 6)
Cleans (4 x 5)
Squat (4 x 10)
Legpress/Calf Raises (3 x 15)
Chinups (3 x 10)
Dips (3 x 10)

2x a week or 3 at max. Its helped me a lot so w/e my 2 cents
o God

kfnmpah

HSC
big legs for long distance running? lolwut. if youve got no reason to skip out on legs then youre a pussy. gtfo out of the gym you no legged fuck.
haha. i hear that. I HATE seeing guys in the gym that do upper body (i.e. bicep curls/preacher curls) for an hour and have scrawny little legs.

Last edited:
HSC
dont leg exersizes help release testosterone? dunno if its true? but yea u should try work out legs somehow. mabey leg press?

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
ok i will be sure to inform the doctor and physio that they are wrong

gosh

Edit: yes i already said i will do leg presses ok

untouchablecuz

HSC
dont leg exersizes help release testosterone? dunno if its true?
nope. generally, a "successful" workout (enough stress applied on body) occurs when there are drops in testerone between 10% to 30%. its the supercompensation that occurs while recovering that results in muscular/strength gains.

@jimmy recard (i'm assuming its the same guy): if you KNOW you can't squat without hurting yourself then don't. however, try out front squats and see how you go.

goodluck.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
big compound movements with heavy weights help release of testoseterone, meaning deadlifts and squats, also bench.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
this is so stupid

i'm trying to rep zombie omie jay for saying 'coon' so many times, and it says i have to spread rep

i've never even repped the cunt before

t00l

HSC
separate your groups into 3 days.
day1 is chest, triceps
day 2 is back, biceps
day 3 is legs, abs, shoulders

dont neglect any muscle groups even if they seem boring to do or nothings happening in the first few weeks.

for exercises- chest presses however are THE exercise to do for chest tricep day. do about 3 reps of 6/8 . then have 3 more reps for other chest exercises. i dont really recommend isolation exercises but do them once youre advanced. ALWAYS do chest press first and then whatever afterwards like pushups

back you should be doing deadlifts. start off with lighter barbells and then go on to much heavier throught the workout but decrease the reps as you dont need many reps when doing heavy deadlift for results

biceps do the usual barbell curl, dumbbell curl, cable pulldowns, pullups a must. contract ur muscles when at the top of a curl

legs = squats squats squats. and whatever else u want, lunges whatever

abs = crunches, vsnaps, roman chair, prone hold, the works

shoulders. do some arnold presses and shoulder presses, both with dumbbells and barbells.

my comprehensive guide right thurr

amirite

HSC
push/pull/leg splits suck when youre a beginner. By the time youve finished chest youre too fucked to do tris and shoulders.

But I guess if youre only going in 3 times a week you have to do that.

Ideally youd got there 4-5 times

Chest
Back
rest
Arms
Legs
Shoulders/abs

pacman911

HSC
Military press with dumbbells, start with light weights, build up some of the stability before you start hitting the heavier weights. Dead lifts are an easy way to injure your self, especially if your just starting. try straight armed dumbbell raises for shoulders. 3x sets of front raises, 3x sets of side raises, and then 3x sets of military press. Try shrugs if you can. Hope this helps.

--
Instead of Dead lifting, try dumbbell rows. Dumbbell rows, Hyperextentions and seated cable rows should cover your back.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
m8 I am up to 70kg 4real and can bench my bodyweight, just look at me now, just do what I did.

amirite

HSC
Military press with dumbbells, start with light weights, build up some of the stability before you start hitting the heavier weights. Dead lifts are an easy way to injure your self, especially if your just starting. try straight armed dumbbell raises for shoulders. 3x sets of front raises, 3x sets of side raises, and then 3x sets of military press. Try shrugs if you can. Hope this helps.

--
Instead of Dead lifting, try dumbbell rows. Dumbbell rows, Hyperextentions and seated cable rows should cover your back.
As many people walk into the physio blaming hyperextensions as do deadlifts. If you dont know how to recruit the right muscles into the movement its just as easy to compact the discs in your spine.
Theres nothing better than DLs for overall back, even body, progress. They tear you up from traps to toes.

Theres also no movement for rear delt direct work in your plan hombre.

m8 I am up to 70kg 4real and can bench my bodyweight, just look at me now, just do what I did.
lolwut. cool story bro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)