WHO cant wait 4 the MTV music awards ! ? ! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
What actually is MTV2:confused:? That did not explain it properly. Also, how are yo supposed to tell if the performers were lip syncing or not:)?
I think MTV2 is supposed to be the "alternative" version of MTV... it plays stuff thats supposed to be less mainstream, but in reality, its still pretty mainstream.

Its very easy to tell, I've developed a pretty knack for finding it... mostly from watching shows like Top of the Pops... usually the easiest way to tell, is if they sound exactly like the CD, if they do they're almost certainly doing it... but they've become a bit trickier these days, and they do little things like adding speech between parts of a song... like with 50 cent they would have him turn on the mic and speak to the audience, and then after that he'd turn it off and continue to "sing"...

as for Beyonce, the way you could tell was that she didn't have a microphone or headset, another is that whenever she jumped or danced vigorously she never sounded out of breath.

It really annoys me that these so called "artists" don't actually sing, its cheating people and not genuine. I've heard that when Posh spice was doing a performance once, her headset fell off and she continued to "sing" cos the CD was still playing... the audience was not happy at all.

Radiohead mimed on top of the pops once
it was the funniest thing ever.

Jonny played his guitar upside down, and thom walked away form the mic during a verse
so hilarious

HSC
Originally posted by BallymcBallTits
Radiohead mimed on top of the pops once
it was the funniest thing ever.

Jonny played his guitar upside down, and thom walked away form the mic during a verse
so hilarious
wasn't that with creep or some other song... I remember it was early in their career... but I've never seen it...

its ashame, cos they're wonderful live... and also it seems like Top of the Pops or their managers forced them to do it... :(

it was just.

ahh well, bands have to do shit like that until they're powerful enough so that they start calling the shots.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thank you for the explanations mercurydrinker, I suppose I will have to listen harder and pay more attention next time:).

One thing I do know for sure though is that Good Charlotte didn't lip sync, their singer sounded so bad:lol:.

good charlotte = sucks

i walked in, watched coldplay, walked out.

i wonder who was writing, because the presenters dialogue was excruciatinly bad.
ben stiller "damn BITCH..that was cold"
fucking hell.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I watched about half of the awards in between doing other stuff...Coldplay were the only decent act there-they actually play their own instruments, sound good, and pull an audience without relying on a cheap shots (ala Good Charlotte).
And yet-the stupid presenter had to come out and make that dumb comment like "I hope no one slashed their wrists to that!" Boooo! :(
And that kiss...pfft. They made it out like they both fully went for it, and even then I didn't care...but then it turns out to be just a tiny peck on the lips. Big fucking deal.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by BallymcBallTits
good charlotte = sucks
They are not that bad. I only like one of their songs ("The Anthem") and I know they are just one more generic pop-punk bands but I can't help but like that song. The same goes for the song "Swing, Swing" by The All-American Rejects, good stuff:).

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
free shows from good charlotte.. might make the effort to go to it.. so i can throw bricks with nails and shards of glass at them for crimes against humanity with their shit music

HSC
the only worthy part of vma 2003 is when metallica played intro for "smells like teen spirite" that was the moment. the rest is just repetitive. I've heard the words 50cent, eminem, Beyoncee, justin timberlake, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times.

Fucking Metallicccccccccccccccccccccca!!!!!!!!!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by mic
I watched the kissing scene and it's like a 1 second peck, with perhaps a bit of tongue. But I really don't know what all the fuss was about.
i agree... in all the pics it was made out to be sooooooo much more than it was.... but i guess thats what the media does... chooses the best moment and freezes it to make it appear something than its not.... frontline!!!!

but the awards were shit!!!!!!! the opening performance was probably the best part... seeing britany and christina together was hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)