Who got 100 UAI in 2008? (1 Viewer)

sirfeathers

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
yeah,
well it doesn't affect me though lols
wouldn't it though? If the highest UAI becomes 99.95, will the only difference be that there will be more people with 99.95? Or will everyone get pushed down ie 99.95s becoming 99.90s, 99.90s becoming 99.85s etc? Admittedly this would make very little difference for most people, but it could have a significant impact on people in the high 99.xx range - less people on Scientia scholarships and the like.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
georgefren said:
Agreed. 100 just sounds so much cooler. Three digits and all.
isnt it really 5 digits? if you included the double 00

100.00 =P

dp624

HSC
yeah, usually it's the other way around lol

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
sirfeathers said:
wouldn't it though? If the highest UAI becomes 99.95, will the only difference be that there will be more people with 99.95? Or will everyone get pushed down ie 99.95s becoming 99.90s, 99.90s becoming 99.85s etc? Admittedly this would make very little difference for most people, but it could have a significant impact on people in the high 99.xx range - less people on Scientia scholarships and the like.
The only difference would be that there would be more people on 99.95.

No other UAIs would change.

trento654

HSC
Kikkoman said:
K, I did not get 100 myself (I haven't done the HSC yet), but I'm just curious to see who did get 100.
There were 23, at least 9 of which were from Ruse. I also know that Daniel Swain from Smiths Hill, Kate *something* from Abbotsleigh, Justin Zuo from Sydney Boys, and Emmanuel Marinos from Sydney Grammar got 100. Is there a list anywhere that has all the people who got 100?

Thanks go to zomg, lionking1191, georgefren, sirfeathers, beeish and midifile.

Sen Lin - James Ruse
Christine Zhang - James Ruse
David Pham - James Ruse
Nathan Wong - James Ruse
Caroline Banh - James Ruse
Ruby Kwong - James Ruse
James Xu - James Ruse
Victor Chan - James Ruse
Melissa Chen - James Ruse
Emmanuel Marinos - Sydney Grammar
Mark Yeow - Sydney Grammar
Alexander Wells - Sydney Grammar
Benjamin Pope - Sydney Grammar
Kasun de Silva - Baulkham Hills
Nitin Mohan - Baulkham Hills
Nicholas Young - Baulkham Hills
Kate Bones - Abbotsleigh
Isobel Yeap - Kambala
Jessica Tong - MLC Burwood
Tommy Cai - North Sydney Boys
Daniel Swain - Smiths Hill
Justin Zuo - Sydney Boys
Liron Hayman - Moriah
nerds

georgefren

HSC
Haha, dont be hating. Besides, I know wells, and hes the least nerdish person alive. Seriously, hes our head prefect, does stuff with charities, captain of football, gps representative, and i think he did state level football. Come back with those achievements and then call him a nerd.

Bainesy

HSC
dp624 said:
yeah, usually it's the other way around lol
lol, but actually your wrong

At the very top of intelligence, guys are much smarter than girls. but there are also more guys than girls at the very very bottom ;)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Yeah in general theres more retarded guys than girls, but there are also more intellgient/genius guys than girls as well.

dp624

HSC
no, i mean like
usually for 100uai there are more girls than guys

Gerald10

HSC
I debated against Swain. Unbelievable. He can talk quicker than I can think.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Gerald10 said:
I debated against Swain. Unbelievable. He can talk quicker than I can think.
Don't mess with that guy. When I saw him at the ceremony, I nearly chocked due to his nerd power. My nerd power was nothing compared to that guy.

I had to sit like 10 lines behind him to barely breathe. Whew~

sirfeathers

HSC
... no need for this thread to get acrimonious. Congratulations to everyone on the list, their amazing UAIs are not so much achievements in themselves as they are recognition of a great deal of hard work, sacrifice and commitment sustained over their schooling careers. It's true that UAI is only a number, however to get this kind of result, a latent intelligence is simply not enough. You also need a strong sense of personal drive, a lot of mental stamina and enough respect for the rest of the competition to realise that only your very best efforts will get you to the top. Everyone on this list can be justly proud of themselves. Well done to them all.

James Cos

HSC
tommykins said:
Yeah in general theres more retarded guys than girls, but there are also more intellgient/genius guys than girls as well.
But isn't it a problem that girls have smaller brains? Size of squirrel.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Looking at the honour roll, it sais Daniel Swain got a band 6 inEnglish (adv), Society and culture, and comparative literature, yet he was an all rounder - no doubt he accelerated last year in other subjects, then?

4jess7lov

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
Looking at the honour roll, it sais Daniel Swain got a band 6 inEnglish (adv), Society and culture, and comparative literature, yet he was an all rounder - no doubt he accelerated last year in other subjects, then?
he did like history last year and other stuff a year early and got high high 90s...cant remmeber if he got state rankings i think he toped 2 things last year from memory.

wat a freak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)