Who has crappy teachers ? (1 Viewer)

HSdropout:D

HSC
i don't like my maths teacher, he never gets straight to the point .. heaps annoying

missuniverse

HSC
N/A
In my school more ppl dropped out a subject because of the shitty teacher than because they hated the course content

talk about the yr 10 subject selection tip by the teachers:
'do the subjects ur more likely to do well in'

more like

'do the subjects where the teacher is actually worth the 2 year effort'

HSC
Uni Grad
English Advanced; My former teacher was a great teacher. She explained how to obtain marks with the AOS section in English. She very analytically indicated that it was like a formula into obtaining the marks.

Because I was forced to move lines, I had been moved to a new teacher. This one, was by far EXCELLENT and the best English teacher I've ever had. He gives a lot of interesting aspects to the topic and actually motivates the students to learn. He even gives up his own time to explain aspects in further detail.

Mathematics Ext 1; pretty good teacher who can actually explain things. In terms of teaching topics, she gives a very comprehensible view of things (even better than my tutor). She makes learning easier in this way. However, she doesn't really push the students with more work to do, and as a result, students do poorly in the 3U exam (recent average was < 50% and I was top of the class)

Physics; pretty shit teacher I have to say. It's more like; copy stuff off the textbook, do these exercises and it all gets boring. >_<

Modern History; My former teacher was a pretty entertaining teacher, but at times I reckon he was an ass coz I was doing other work even when the work that I was given to do was complete and there was nothing else that I could do.

Because I was forced to move, new teacher, not as good but he's alright. The good thing is that he can keep the class quiet but he can't really get students to become motivated in Modern History.

Legal Studies; an open minded teacher who can explain a lot of things and open issues up to discussion. Seems rather motivating :p

Music 2; generally I'd say shes alright as a teacher, but the students don't become as motivated when doing theoretical stuff. They want to do practical instead.

So overall my teachers are good....

musing

HSC
I have shit eco teacher who speaks monotonously. I could crawl up in my own hole and die..

octopie

HSC
See there are teachers who believe they teach well and actually do try, but sadly they have what I like to call "holes" in their teaching. The way they explain makes you feel like they're missing something, and if you've had better teachers, or learned the stuff previously via tutor, you'd know what I mean.

My chem teacher's ways have many holes D: like she goes through the syllabus dot points, yes, but I feel like she's only teaching us the minimum :/

I dreaded bio after seeing my teacher's name on my timetable for the first time, but she's actually the next best teacher I have this year after English :D She spams us with work, but in the end we learn :D

Physics teacher is okay. I sorta dreaded her too. But she's alright :)

Religion teacher's method of teaching: textbook. We all hate that textbook. Our books are almost empty.

Maths teacher assumes we all go tutoring and thinks we all know everything already. He still explains, but not as well as my year 10 teacher who I give full credit to my good grades then T__T

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
My Chem teacher is pretty cool.:cook:
My Physics Teacher is a douche nugget, seriously if the class average is 35% what does that say about the quality of our teacher. Yeah we fight. :pain:

English.... don't even go there. Our english teacher is sexist, he like boys better.:evilfire:

hate.

but my Economics, PdhPe and chem teachers are as good as they come. :lol:

ReNG

HSC
I have all the best teachers except for business. He's fail. Just came out of uni and doesn't know how to teach anything. He just reads the textbook and summarises it for us. When he explains what he summarises, he basically reads what he just wrote on the board. Fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)