• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who is aiming for Medicine 2011 (1 Viewer)

Khayne0

HSC
hey guys
just woundering who is aiming for medicine 2011?
and which uni are you aiming for?
I would love to go to UNSW, i went there on a bio excursion and fell in love with the place. lol, Also who is from the country and aiming for med?
thanks guys

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I was interested when I was younger or even Vet Science, but I kinda got disinterested in the career as I grew older (no idea why)... but I still find 'Medicine' an interesting field of interest/study.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I'm aiming for it Medicine at either UNSW or USYD but judging by the fact that nobody in my school has ever made it into Medicine; I probably won't make it in.

with-chu

HSC
I'm aiming for it Medicine at either UNSW or USYD but judging by the fact that nobody in my school has ever made it into Medicine; I probably won't make it in.
Maybe you'll be the one to make history at your school! Don't be disheartened like that :p

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
Really want to do MBBS @ UNSW, USyd second preference. Though I've been talking to a few people who combined medicine with arts there, so I'm considering that option too.

h3ll h0und

HSC
i want to do combined med at usyd but that's unlikely (need 99.95 atar). So my second preference is UNSW med ... if not then UWS med.

Khayne0

HSC
yer im in the same boat, i was really interested then lost interest, beacuse my carrers advisor told me i would never get the marks, so now i am as determined as ever to prove her wrong, to show her i can get the marks and to go into a field that has me so entranced. i dont think anyone from my school has gotten into med but theres a first time for everything, right. pluss im from the country so i get is aliitle eaisier then the city kids, lol. thats about the only advantage from living in the country, lol

HSC
i thought u wanted unsw

yer im in the same boat, i was really interested then lost interest, beacuse my carrers advisor told me i would never get the marks, so now i am as determined as ever to prove her wrong, to show her i can get the marks and to go into a field that has me so entranced. i dont think anyone from my school has gotten into med but theres a first time for everything, right. pluss im from the country so i get is aliitle eaisier then the city kids, lol. thats about the only advantage from living in the country, lol
hey guys

just woundering who is aiming for medicine 2011?

and which uni are you aiming for?

I would love to go to UNSW, i went there on a bio excursion and fell in love with the place. lol, Also who is from the country and aiming for med?

thanks guys
lol..kind of ironic

Last edited:

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I always dreamed of it, until every single person that i told, reminded me that i would never get the marks. so it got drummed out of my head. would still love to do it i guess.

whats the median UAI for entry into UNSW med?

HSC
I always dreamed of it, until every single person that i told, reminded me that i would never get the marks. so it got drummed out of my head. would still love to do it i guess.

whats the median UAI for entry into UNSW med?
i know that it's in the 99's..that's what it said on the unsw website anyway

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

dw no one from my skool has made it into medicine for agessssssssssss and im still trying for it, so dw ur not the only one :D just gotta work hard for it xD

HSC
Applicants need to be aware that because selection is on the basis of a combination of all three criteria (i.e. academic merit, UMAT and interview), they will increase their likelihood of being selected by achieving the highest possible result in each of the three criteria. (This is illustrated by the fact that although the minimum ATAR for eligibility is 95.00, the median ATAR required for entry is always greater than 99.60. Similarly for both UMAT and the interview, the median scores required for entry are close to the top of the respective ranges.)
Faculty of Medicine - Selection_local

dannyiraqi

HSC
Yeahh... i am really in love with the whole medical field... but as a few of u above... no one has made it into med for yearsss! But i am aiming at UWS... and as a western sydney resident i hope there is still a slight chance... really gotta work hard though. Wish all the best of luck to all you guys and girls and hope you achieve your dreams!

HSC
In 2007 the median UAI was about 98. There were 43% of students scoring between 98 and 100, 37% scoring between 95 and 97, and 20% scoring between 93 and 94. In 2008, the median UAI was about 99, and in 2009, the median ATAR was just under 99; please note that ATAR is merely a hurdle at UWS and, provided a score over 95 (or 93 GWS applicants), is attained, there is no further consideration of ATAR.

In 2008, the median UAI was about 99, and in 2009, the median ATAR was just under 99
University of Western Sydney - Med Students Online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)