• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who is aiming for Medicine 2011 (1 Viewer)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
a dedicated teacher who actually teaches well and all that blah blah..
properly plans a lesson etc..

all im saying is there are some teachers who work equally stressful lives than surgeons.. that is on the work side..not the "oh, i'm on a crap salary..how am i gonig to pay the mortgage?" type of stress
do teachers get calls at 3am in the morning telling them to come in to the school to try and prolong a dead man's life???

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i actually deleted that post..but yeah i meant health system..but not that generally~
yes my mum has been a health proffessional since well before i was born

actually about 2 months ago, she got a call at 4am on a sunday morning to go into the hospital, cos a drunk man accidentally sawed off his mates arm with a chainsaw, its a very stressful career. Yes there are many other careers which have stressful hours, but being a surgeon u not only have stressful hours, but are under intense mental and emotional stress too

ilikebeeef

HSC

actually about 2 months ago, she got a call at 4am on a sunday morning to go into the hospital, cos a drunk man accidentally sawed off his mates arm with a chainsaw, its a very stressful career. Yes there are many other careers which have stressful hours, but being a surgeon u not only have stressful hours, but are under intense mental and emotional stress too
:eek:

HSC

im sure you mother was then rostered onto the ER staffing list for whatever period..and she would have known that there was the possibility she couldve been called up

if you insist otherwise, then you're suggesing that surgeons have no breaks, because they're always on standby (and i doubt you actually mean that)

btw im not arguing with you that surgeons are overpaid~ when i replied to the original post..all i was saying was that future-doctor shouldnt question the motives of another student because realistically, most med students hold the same motives

Last edited:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
im sure you mother was then rostered onto the ER staffing list for whatever period..and she would have known that there was the possibility she couldve been called up

if you insist otherwise, then you're suggesing that surgeons have no breaks, because they're always on standby (and i doubt you actually mean that)
no she was not, she had already worked a 10hr day all saturday, and she was officially not on call, however they called her anyway, it happens all the time

HSC
no she was not, she had already worked a 10hr day all saturday, and she was officially not on call, however they called her anyway, it happens all the time
i) ER rooms are rarely in use in the wee hours of the morning ie 4am

ii) there are rostered staff at ER..cos ER are usually 24/7..so to call in an unrostered whoever who wasnt even on standby would mean because whatever happened was something very special

so those two coupled together would be a rare circumstance..sure it happens..but not "all the time"

Lukybear

HSC
wow... thats pretty hardcore

I wanna do med in 2011, but it dosent looks like it. So many ppl applying and only so little spots.

If i cant get in at any UNI, i would be so happy.

HSC

sometiems i see them, soemtimes i dont..and when i do, i can see the stressful anture of their job and it regularly interferes with our family life..
and im sure their job isnt as worse as it is for public surgeons..and i dont want to live a life that is constantly marred by something as gay as that..it isnt as easy as it looks on whatever medical shows they have on..(although i love watching house :p) you're not gonig to have all the free time in the world to go ask some chick/guy out, or have teen angsty fights etc etc

although it's kinda ironic that i want to be a pilot..and they're almost always away from home..

but if u find a pilot that was purely pay driven and not because he/she actually loved flying, ill eat my hat

Last edited:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i) ER rooms are rarely in use in the wee hours of the morning ie 4am

ii) there are rostered staff at ER..cos ER are usually 24/7..so to call in an unrostered whoever who wasnt even on standby would mean because whatever happened was something very special

so those two coupled together would be a rare circumstance..sure it happens..but not "all the time"

hmmmmmmm mate yea sure you clearly know my mum's life better than me then ayeeeeeeeeeee she's probs actually a prostitute pleasing her clients just PRETENDING that she's goin off to tha hospital ayeeeeeeeee cobber

Lukybear

HSC
hmmmmmmm mate yea sure you clearly know my mum's life better than me then ayeeeeeeeeeee she's probs actually a prostitute pleasing her clients just PRETENDING that she's goin off to tha hospital ayeeeeeeeee cobber
yeh bra, you said it.

Love your sarcasm.

Lukybear

HSC
although it's kinda ironic that i want to be a pilot..and they're almost always away from home..

but if u find a pilot that was purely pay driven and not because he/she actually loved flying, ill eat my hat
Youll be surprised.

But pilots have all the hostess they want. If you know what i mean :spin:

Like as friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)