Who thinks they are going to get 99+? (1 Viewer)

Neologism

HSC
Did 4u maths accelrated last year with

Ext 2- 96
Ext 1- 97

Advanced English got 92 in my trial (rank 1st/85ish)
Ext 1 English got 46/50 (Raw, don't know scaled) (rank 1st out of 30ish)
Ext 2 English Raw marks were 47/50 at school rank 3rd out of 17
Physics 92 (rank 2/40ish)
CHem 88 (rank 5/37)

I think i have a chance
haha, you think? I think you have a chance too... That's really great work by the way on those marks and ranks :)

Neologism

HSC
What kind of mark do you guys recon you would need for a state rank in english advanced? Pretty high I'm assuming. How do the raw marks align with scaled for it too if anyone knows?

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
You all need to get a grip. Not all of you can get 99+ because first of all it's statiscally impossible... the scores need to be distributed evenly. Secondly, no one gets that high unless they do the crazy subjects like Latin and Ext 2 English Extension history... fricken Classical Greek Continuers. It's insane and pretty stupid to aim for perfection because chances are you WILL be disappointed.

On a lighter note, a suggest you aim for something a little more achievable like 90 or even 85+... that way if you get higher you'll be over the moon because you achieved better, rather then going into some depressive state because you got 97 instead of 99.7 :)
Everything you said here is wrong.
Extension one maths scales better than extension history. Not to mention that extension two scales and aligns about 10x better than any other subject.
Go away.
Now.
You can get 99.95 with ANY combination of subjects.
It's people like you that confuse everyone with your misinformation.
It was especially stupid for you to post this here in a thread filled with people that know what they have to do to get 99+. So, please get your facts straight before you try and post "useful" information on these forums again.

breezy262

HSC
I am aiming for 90. I find it hard to know if I'll be able to get that or not.
Current ranks:
Legal Studies: 1/4 84% trials
PDHPE: 1/16 85% trials
Religion 2 Unit: 3/30 89% trials
Advanced English: 4/16 91% trials
Extension English 1: 3/12 90% trials
Mathematics 2 Unit: 2/8 ... lets not talk about trials :/

School rank is 82 or something like that.
I feel as though maths might let me down though... :S

rawrence

HSC
I am aiming for 90. I find it hard to know if I'll be able to get that or not.
Current ranks:
Legal Studies: 1/4 84% trials
PDHPE: 1/16 85% trials
Religion 2 Unit: 3/30 89% trials
Advanced English: 4/16 91% trials
Extension English 1: 3/12 90% trials
Mathematics 2 Unit: 2/8 ... lets not talk about trials :/

School rank is 82 or something like that.
I feel as though maths might let me down though... :S
Looks solid enough for a 90 lul

13abie

HSC
I could scrape 99, but I need to well in external eco and maths.

epicFAILx

HSC
If I magically was good at english.. then yeah.. mabye.
But considering I do standard and I am average..nowhere near band 6 then I'd doubt it.

herbs1

HSC
As for statistically impossible, you have to remember bos is a different sample space. Instead of all the students, you only get the ones who would spend every minute of their lives on a hsc forum. I.e, those generally better at school. Thus, a large majority of people here will get a 99 compared to the state

Osborn

HSC
I really really really hope I will - I'm doing all the high scaling subjects and I'm okay at them lol!
I think what'll push me over the edge is my hobby of reading - I've been finding that it's really been helping my sentence structure/flow etc.
Also, Extension 2 Maths lol, I'm decent at maths!
I think what MIGHT hold me back is my terrible Chemistry teacher and my mediocre economics rank ):

juliastegner

HSC
You all need to get a grip. Not all of you can get 99+ because first of all it's statiscally impossible... the scores need to be distributed evenly. Secondly, no one gets that high unless they do the crazy subjects like Latin and Ext 2 English Extension history... fricken Classical Greek Continuers. It's insane and pretty stupid to aim for perfection because chances are you WILL be disappointed.

On a lighter note, a suggest you aim for something a little more achievable like 90 or even 85+... that way if you get higher you'll be over the moon because you achieved better, rather then going into some depressive state because you got 97 instead of 99.7 :)
Ext 2 Eng really doesnt scale THAT well. 4u maths and chemistry on the otherhand............

HSC
Uni Grad
I also predict that another few fort street ppl on the forum will get 99+, ie, Aindan, zhiying and a few others
plus I know Omnipotence has the chance of doing so

HSC
Everything you said here is wrong.
Extension one maths scales better than extension history. Not to mention that extension two scales and aligns about 10x better than any other subject.
Go away.
Now.
You can get 99.95 with ANY combination of subjects.
It's people like you that confuse everyone with your misinformation.
It was especially stupid for you to post this here in a thread filled with people that know what they have to do to get 99+. So, please get your facts straight before you try and post "useful" information on these forums again.
+1

Can't stand dickheads who think it is impossible to get high ATARS. Like 17.2% of people got 90+ ATAR last year, that's one in five!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)