Whos Goin To Port Macquarie (Sundowner) (1 Viewer)

Shaynie69

HSC
yes im a 17 yr old Paedophile after an 18 yr old for schoolies watch out!
dickhead.

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
Shaynie69 said:
yes im a 17 yr old Paedophile after an 18 yr old for schoolies watch out!
dickhead.
dude i think trev means that givin this information would attract a pedophile..not make u one...lol

Shaynie69

HSC
Adina ur a dickhead it wasnt even trev, dont you dare start on me. And i doubt thats what it ment.

sweetXinsanity

HSC
how the hell was that starting on u?
dude i can understand what ur going thru and all that but dont take it out on me alright..
and fine it wasnt trev i got my people mixed up...fine smurg!! IT WAS SMURG my bad!!!
that name again SMURG!!!!!!
there happy lol

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Trev said:
They're out on the highway... somewhere. (Guessing; go out onto the 'donut' and onto Pacific Highway heading towards Syd?)
Exactly.

Be warned! You must book, and it's bloody expensive!!!

sweetXinsanity

HSC
Shimtek said:
As someone who came from port macquarie (at uni now) i can safely say that its over-rated. Think a toned down and more hacknee version of surfers/goldcoast :p.

Have fun anyways.
Did someone say Hacknee?
Shaynie does that bring back memories to u too lol
Of the 'Golden Tree' that is!
sorry guys really inside joke here :rolleyes:

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
me and my mates went to Port for schoolies in '03. Man what an awesome week.

It's not "boring"- thats the whole fun of it. You can make your own fun and noone cares. An entire caravan park for schoolies? Trust me, it's not dull.

We had about 20 of us go up, we stayed at the Sundowner in the cabins up on the hill, near the entrance to the park. We had that street to ourselves for about 5 out of the 7 days we were there.

Plus its cheap, so there's more money to spend on necessities ;)

have an awesome time all you schoolies of '05! :)

Jumpy

HSC
ive signed up just to reply to this thread and warn you about port.

i went to sundowner last year. it will ultimately turn out to be an ok week as long as you bring a few good friends (i went up with 7 others).

however, it can only go downhill if:

1) you rent a caravan. honestly, the top of the line cabins are the only decent accomodation, the others are ridiculously small.

2) you dont stock up on alcohol on a regular basis. and dont drink it regularly, too.

3) you're underage. port is a retirement retreat. there are no underage parties, aside form the ones provided, which by the 3rd or 4th day get pretty tired and empty. same songs, same dj, etc.. but alcohol can make the pain go away, and the australian distributor for spirytus is in port. rejoice, mix drinks, pass out. i say mix because only stupid, already drunk people drink spirytus (polish drink, 95% alc/vol).

4) you dont stock up on alcohol on a regular basis. and dont drink it regularly, too.

5) you dont like boredom. fair enough, the organisers cant have something for every hour of the day, but seriously, port is a ghost town as far as looking for fun goes.

6) you dont stock up on alcohol on a regular basis. and dont drink it regularly, too.

7) you enjoy a reasonably large patch of water to swim in. somebody mentioned white trash with dozens of kids. that wasnt a joke, the beach is full of them. the pool at sundowner is about 10m long, 4m wide, and is only open 8am - 8pm.

8) you dont stock up on alcohol on a regular basis. and dont drink it regularly, too.

9) yeah, i know it sounds stupid, but lock your doors. for heavens sake, lock your doors. even if you're on the couch, near the door, if you feel just a little bit tired, lock your damn door. people i know had a ton of sh*t stolen (phones, wallets, even keys..)

[/rant]

Go out in the early morning on the very last day and shake as many caravans as possible. hearing people wonder what the hell is going on is the most fun you'll have all week.

just bring friends, playing cards, and cash for alco. then you're about to make the most of what's bound to be a mediocre week compared to other schoolies...

Last edited:

susie_610

im goin 2 port with bout 40 of my friends nd where planning to hav a big one, so might c u there

mondayitis

Am goin to port with 9 others... staying in self contained apartements (the ki-ea ones), so at least will b air conditioned... tis gonna be great. don't care if the place itself is a hole, am used to ppl screaming at their kids, since i live near mt druitt, will be just like home with a beach :)

Danoz The Great

HSC
Danoz's ultimate guide to Port Macquarie for Schoolies.

Damn, I wish I'd found this thread earlier, I'm now going to have a say in this.

Okay, Port is a crappy place to spend your schoolies trip, so DON'T DO IT.

It has been said loads of times already, but PORT IS FULL OF OLD PEOPLE - I mean 65+ and we're full of nursing homes. There's a lot of bored teenagers/druggies here who love breaking into the Sundowner, even if you lock your place up, they can still get in a lot of the time. A lot of the bored wagging no-hoper teenyboppers here love causing shit, a lot of them are arrogant pricks to be honest.

Yeah, the weathers pretty nice here - not hot like Queensland but no Victorian chills either. But when it rains you'll have nothing at all to do. Except drink and ... drink.

The beaches are nice, they're usually clean and safe lol, but the surf is shit. You could go to Point Plomer which is a 30min drive away, across the Settlement Point Ferry, I've never been there myself, but apparently it's full of 50 year old Mal riders who love hogging the waves and kicking the young ones (apart from the known locals) off.

There's accomodation, things to do and see, eating places etc at http://www.portmacquarieinfo.com.au/ . Sure it looks like a 'pretty' place to spend your Schoolies trip, but Port's tourism is mainly aimed at young families from Sydney, backpackers to stop through the night, or retired couples interested in learning about the town's history *hurl*. Port isn't aimed at a 'schoolies' group, and I don't think it ever will be.

The nightclubs are okay, there's only two you should bother with - Roxy's and the Macquarie Hotel. They aren't flash, Macquaries drinks are expensive, coz it's free to get in. Roxy's is good, again, not flash, costs $5 entry after 10pm, lockout at 2:30 I think. Other nightclubs, like Down Under, are full of seedy old men who would love some 'fresh meat'. Apparently full of drugs too - sniffer dogs are walked through frequently. Although apparently there is good karaoke on wednesdays - I haven't been to it...yet!

GOKARTING AND CAMEL RIDES are about the only attractions at Port now, both are really pricey. Also you need to book Gokarting - you might with camel rides if there's a big group of you, I'm not sure. I've never gone gokarting just because it's so expensive and always booked out.

Yeah, it's a quiet and peaceful place which would be nice after the exams - but it's damn boring and not a very rememberable place to spend your Schoolies trip.

Last year I drove past schoolies kids with nothing to do but to wave and cheer at cars like you'd do in Primary school. That's how bored they were, and you'll probably all end up doing something as immature and stupid because you'll be just as bored!

kthnxbye. :)

Zali

HSC
Point Plomers awsome i love camping there but i wouldnt go there 4 schoolies. Me and some friends are going there after our last exam before schoolies cos its a great place just to relax. I dont no bout the 50yo mal riders that sounds more like cresent heads theres always been heaps young ppl there when i go. Be warned tho, theres no shops or hot water and ure spose to bring ure own drinking water the road is dirt and extremely corrugated my friend rolled their car on it the other week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)