• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (3 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
that's why u should love jesus back sprangler. He died for u m8

mirakon

nigga
HSC
belonging to neither of those belief systems i think i can safely say that people get frustrated with the methodologies christianity exemplifies, of religion and politics.

plainly put, people are fucking sick of things like the bible, commandments, [the 'new' commandments] and the completely false claim that christianity "is the first and only way" being shoved down their throats.

I think its unfortunate that, honed in just on atheism [although many others do it too] they also take to these methods, but its not uncalled for. People take things to extremes, and a spirituality or religion is such a personal thing its unfortunate that politics have overtaken an [essentially] pure belief and ideas to the point people feel the need to actually attack it.

At the same time, just to be frustrating and bundle everyone up into this massive cliche which probably only applies to most; many are just purely rebelling in frustration for the above reasons, and therefore feel the need to take a public, arrogant and abusive stance on the matter and "attack christians" as you've said.

I think its ridiculous, and we all know religion is within and comes from the heart, and its a personal thing no one needs to know about, but you cant really blame them some times.</SPAN>
Finally, someone with common sense. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, religion or belief is personal. Whether you're Christian or atheist keep your beliefs to yourself and don't attack anyone else.

stF-Vampire, you are the winner!:cool:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No our faith demands a public expression. We are a community of believers - the salt of this earth. No flavour or reason without us m8. Listen to the good news!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Finally, someone with common sense. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, religion or belief is personal. Whether you're Christian or atheist keep your beliefs to yourself and don't attack anyone else.

stF-Vampire, you are the winner!:cool:
except you are entirely wrong. Religion is ALL about community, faith is personal.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hello? Religion is faith. What do you think it is?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
we are pilgrims traveling thru the valley of the shadow of death but we fear no evil for He is with us and We are with eachother. Good news!

Sprangler

HSC
that's why u should love jesus back sprangler. He died for u m8
I could try and love Jesus, but a Jesus that doesn't let me know he loves me back is a very boring and useless Jesus.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Remain open to the encounter m8. He is everywhere and everything. Reminds me of the beautiful ending of Luke, when he appears to the disciples as a traveller and chats with them about why theyre so upset etc. They tell Him, but they never recognise Him, so he's just like 'Byebye, byebye'. Having eyes that really see requires a lot of sincere and humble prayer m8

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
'religion' on your definition is just one part of faith in practise...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Are you talking to me or him? Religion is almost the exact opposite of a personal relationship with god.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Youre off your nut. They are so linked it's not funnyty

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Linked yes, personal faith is one aspect of religion but the community aspect is inseperable.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
totally inseperable i agree

Sprangler

HSC
Faith is a personal "relationship" with God, one that you go about in whatever way you want to. You do not have to be part of a community to have faith.

Religion gives you rules on how you're supposed to conduct that "relationship" to actually make your faith valid. Being part of a community that believes the same things you do and follows the same laws is generally a major requirement of most if not all religions.

Better?

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Faith is a personal "relationship" with God, one that you go about in whatever way you want to. You do not have to be part of a community to have faith.

Better?
Not better. It's part of a long-running point of tension amongst different Christains. Are we justified by faith alone, or must faith be matched by works?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
@Riet

Religion: 'a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.'

Do you see the word community in there? Obviously not. Religion is faith, belief in a theory of how the universe functions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)