Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (4 Viewers)

K

khorne

But you see, when a person invites such blatant ridicule to themselves, they are, of course, some dogmatic, arrogant fiend, who is a pleasure to insult.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I think it's funny that christians always feel someone's out to get them... You do realise that we live in a majority-christian nation where church's are given special status, christian holidays are followed and prayers are often made at public events - right?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
But you see, when a person invites such blatant ridicule to themselves, they are, of course, some dogmatic, arrogant fiend, who is a pleasure to insult.
No one invites ridicule, what type of ridiculous argument is that? How do Christians invite ridicule? And even if a Christian invites ridicule, ridicule the Christian not Christianity as a whole. By the look of this post, you have simple religious prejudice. Nothing more nothing less, especially since you are hypocritical by being so arrogant in your beliefs, and subsequently accusing Christians of arrogance.

Last edited:
K

khorne

Exactly how many in this thread do. "God will do _______" or "It says in the bible that ________ " or "Evolution and science are bad because _________" and my favourite, "It's wrong because the bible/god/jesus/pope/church says ________"

Again, how am I a hypocrite? But you don't understand that, being a hypocrite, does not make you wrong. You know deep down, that you belong to a system of lies and subservience. This is why you feel so insulted, because you KNOW it's not what was intended.

amirite?

As for arrogance: "Overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors"

I suppose you could say I feel pride for not belonging to such a system, but again, I think you feel more pride for belonging to one, and the ability to use your "god" card to smite the non-believers in any debates.

Last edited by a moderator:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hypocritical makes you wrong in the sense that you accuse others of arrogance, despite being arrogant yourself. You use the arrogance of someone as a reason to attack them. So far as yet by the way, I have not drawn the 'God card' as you so insist all theists always do.

Furthermore, how do religions all lie? How are we subservient? Democracy was made in the theistic society of Greece, democracy is prevalent in many religious countries? Freedom and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Also, I note you have as yet failed to address how, as you claim, that religions are lies. And just because something is scientifically incorrect (assuming religion is) why does this warrant attacking?

You have also completely missed the point. Just because a Christian does stupid things, this does not mean that Christianity is wrong. If an atheist does stupid things, does this mean atheism is wrong?

The main point raised by people so far is that attacking Christianity is justified because many Christians are apparently immoral and do bad things.

This is a huge generalisation and the argument falls apart due to logic-defying step that just because some people who claim they are representing Christian values do bad things that Chritianity is hence bad and must be attcked. A simple analogy to rebut this point is this:

An atheist commits murder. From the above logic applied by many to Christianity, this must mean atheism is bad. Clearly this is idiotic logic.

Just because someone says they are Christian doen't mean that they truly, sincerely obey in Christian values and actions by these people should not instantly be linked to religion but the failings of humanity as a whole.

All people regardless of beliefs are capable of doing bad things, not Christians especially. There is no reason to attack Christianity.
Read and rebut this. Don't avoid it.

Fashigady

HSC

All people regardless of beliefs are capable of doing bad things, not Christians especially. There is no reason to attack Christianity.

No, there are other perfectly good reasons

K

khorne

Ok, this is how I would address religions as lies:

God isn't real.

There, summed up, three words.

Again, you take it out of context. Hypocrite, well, perhaps, but if a smoker tells you that smoking is bad, is he a liar?

Again, I didn't say ALL christian's were stupid, but, the ones who usually troll/argue here make terrible points.

HSC
N/A
No one invites ridicule, what type of ridiculous argument is that? How do Christians invite ridicule? And even if a Christian invites ridicule, ridicule the Christian not Christianity as a whole. By the look of this post, you have simple religious prejudice. Nothing more nothing less, especially since you are hypocritical by being so arrogant in your beliefs, and subsequently accusing Christians of arrogance.
"if you dont like getting laughed at, dont have such funny beliefs"

Your bigotted religion is disgusting sado-masochist white-noise written by cultists, for cultists.
The argument was over long ago, 'believers' are in the wrong, 'non-believers' are correct. If you like being a serville and navie little slave, go for it, but your not allowed to claim you have any intellectual, empirical or ethical grounds to do so. Just like the various cults of Zues and Thor, your particular cult will soon drift of into the obscure, it will not last.
Get it into your head that your psuedo-morality derives itself from mentally constipated, emotionally squalid, physically impoverished desert farmers, who had not thought of things like the wheelbarrow (a mental capacity you can identify with)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
The main point raised by people so far is that attacking Christianity is justified because many Christians are apparently immoral and do bad things.

This is a huge generalisation and the argument falls apart due to logic-defying step that just because some people who claim they are representing Christian values do bad things that Chritianity is hence bad and must be attcked. A simple analogy to rebut this point is this:
I don't think anyone said that. Certainly not in terms of examples of christians having individual failings, and failing to live up to the values their institution preaches, discredits christianity as a whole.

I say attacking christianity is justified because mainstream, widespread, core christian beliefs and practices are disgusting. The catholic practice of preaching that contraception is immoral, which has contributed to the deaths of millions of Africans, is an excellent example.

I would no sooner be polite and respectful to a catholic who holds this belief, than to the perpetrators of the 2002 bali bombings.

Certainly I believe that disproving their 'logic' is justifiable but attacking (eg. abusing, insulting) Christianity is unjustified. That is the difference I'm trying to point out. You could say, I encourage debate, but I don't encourage blatant insulting.
Why shouldn't I insult christians? Or anyone, ever for that matter? Why should I care about protecting your feelings?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Do people really believe that there are "millions" of men out there who will listen to the Church on contraceptives, but totally ignore everything else she says about sex? The problems of Africa have little if anything to do with Church policy...

lychnobity

HSC
You haven't being paying attention have you? You should dispute logic you think is faulty, not attack it. There is a difference. Address the topic that says 'attacking'. Attacking is discrimination not based on logic, it's just insulting.
My point was, it's wholly justified. If they want to abuse/insult Christianity, let them. Let them say what they want.

It's not your job to regulate the forums, that's what the mods and admins are for.

Last edited:

birdy17

HSC
Religion is for dumb people who don't understand or accept science. The majority of the people who post here are smart.
i undersatnd and accept science but i'm a christian.
i don't understand what science has to do with religion.

sam5

HSC
i undersatnd and accept science but i'm a christian.
i don't understand what science has to do with religion.
thanks for provin 2 us that ur stupid.

Science and religion are opposites - one is based on fact and rationality whereas the other is based on belief, superstition and the supernatural.

In summary, science is proven to be true, whereas religion is unreliable, untruthful bullshit.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Birdy is utterly right. Science is only concerned with 'hows', while a philosophical system like Christianity is generally only concerned with 'whys'. They need not conflict and usually should not conflict. Once you realise this, you can grow up and stop these ignorant attacks

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Do people really believe that there are "millions" of men out there who will listen to the Church on contraceptives, but totally ignore everything else she says about sex? The problems of Africa have little if anything to do with Church policy...
I only said it had contributed to deaths from aids, and I think it's ridiculous to suggest the catholic church has absolutely no impact on people's attitudes to condom use in Africa.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's a deep-rooted cultural aversion to monogamy, more than anything else. The point is that we've offered nothing but solutions to the misery of the dark continent, while people like you just sit on the sidelines criticising us

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
It's a deep-rooted cultural aversion to monogamy, more than anything else. The point is that we've offered nothing but solutions to the misery of the dark continent, while people like you just sit on the sidelines criticising us
What about the Crusades then?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Condoms are the solution obviously.

That and economic solutions,

final solutions to the African question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)