• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why is Medicine harder to get in than Law? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
~ari said:
And my dad WASN'T a lawyer for the first 15 years of my life and WASN'T a partner in a city boutique firm and I have NEVER been in a legal environment and I am NOT studying law at uni and I have NEVER researched cases at a law firm for a case and my godmother ISN'T a family law barrister and my godfather ISN'T a GP.:D
Good on ya in all honesty. Not having a shot. But you know im right

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
This thread is fast degenerating into a really crass ethics debate.

Get your kleenex out, kiddies. Next up, Courageous-Lawyer-Defending-the-Defenceless vs Surgeon-Facing-Insurmountable-Odds-to-Save-Lives.

Naturally, if you put "Law" and "Medicine" in the same sentence, you're bound to see some fireworks.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
TheMelissa said:
This thread is fast degenerating into a really crass ethics debate.

Get your kleenex out, kiddies. Next up, Courageous-Lawyer-Defending-the-Defenceless vs Surgeon-Facing-Insurmountable-Odds-to-Save-Lives.

Naturally, if you put "Law" and "Medicine" in the same sentence, you're bound to see some fireworks.
LOL I did withdrew all comments and didnt wanna continue but huh im just a little baby i guess. God i need to grow up.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
markzada said:
Good on ya in all honesty. Not having a shot. But you know im right
If you were right I would have said so. There is much more to law than defending criminals and tax cheats.

It can be really rewarding:)

And if being a doctor meant you left work feeling good 95% of the time they wouldn't have such a high level of drug abuse in the profession. (But so do barristers)

~ari

is well hung
HSC
markzada said:
LOL I did withdrew all comments and didnt wanna continue but huh im just a little baby i guess. God i need to grow up.
It's all in good fun anyway

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
markzada said:
How good are my lingual skills. "I did withdrew". FUCKN typos.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
~ari said:
And if being a doctor meant you left work feeling good 95% of the time they wouldn't have such a high level of drug abuse in the profession. (But so do barristers)
Refer to my signature. :)

~ari

is well hung
HSC
markzada said:
Refer to my signature. :)
WHAT?

You mean you didn't research those statistics ?!??!?!?! They're not based on pure fact and the estimations didn't simply mean that 95% good is better than 95% shit?!??!!?! I don't believe it!

lol

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
It's three in the morning on a Sunday. Most people our age are stumbling home from nightclubs and pubs, smiling contentedly as their dim, alcohol-clouded minds attempt to recollect their evening.

Meanwhile, on BoS forums...

"I KNOW PEOPLE WHO WORK AT LAW FIRMS, PRACTICE MEDICINE, FEED GIRAFFES AND CAN DO THE TANGO. THUS MY OPINION IS MORE INFORMED AND RULES SUPREME. STFU."

I wonder which Asian ancestors decided that all their future offspring must be doctors or lawyers. They conveniently forgot to assign their third-cousins's offspring with the role of ethics mediator...

EDIT: I'm an Asian with cultural identity issues.

Last edited:

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
markzada said:
What im trying to emphasise is that the majority of law work revolves around rortings people.
Actually a lot of legal work is in the commercial sector, that's where most law graduates go. I remember reading somewhere that one of the US's early Presidents said that 90% of lawyers serve only 10% of the people. It's business. And I don't think it's quite as simple as defining the legal profession as mostly encompassing the act of rorting people.

markzada said:
But have you spoken to any lawyers? Every lawyer (about 10) in my bro's office agrees with me on this by the way.
Yes I have spoken to lawyers. I'm sure I can find 10 lawyers who will agree with me too.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
^lol

I already got smashed this week and was awake for 48 hours afterwards. Saturday night is off (I should be sleeping but meh)

I'm sexy with an overconfidence issue. Want to touch me for cash?

(and not Asian)

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
TheMelissa said:
I wonder which Asian ancestors decided that all their future offspring must be doctors or lawyers. They conveniently forgot to assign their third-cousins's offspring with the role of ethics mediator...

EDIT: I'm a Asian with cultural identity issues.
So you're bringing the race debate into it now?

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
To the person who started this thread-- study combined law, then do graduate medicine. It's like prestige ++.

Ari:
... Go to sleep.

RogueAcademic:
Hardly. The race debate presented itself the moment the original thread starter put 'Law' and 'Medicine' in the same sentence. Sorry, but it begs the stereotype.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
I'm not asian.

And the business sector does involve rorting too. A lot is based on contracts for sales of business shares etc which then involves getting the better deal for your client which means rorting the other party.

Let's end it on the note that we should burn this thread and either of us could come up with sufficient arguments to keep this going for a while.

/Thread

~ari

is well hung
HSC
TheMelissa said:
To the person who started this thread-- study combined law, then do graduate medicine. It's like prestige ++.

Ari:
... Go to sleep.

RogueAcademic:
Hardly. The race debate presented itself the moment the original thread starter put 'Law' and 'Medicine' in the same sentence. Sorry, but it begs the stereotype.
But the night creatures are after me.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
TheMelissa said:
RogueAcademic:
So you are bringing the race debate into it! Cos no one else has thus far...

PS. I'm asian, and yes I actually agree about the asian parent thing re law and med.

markzada said:
Let's end it on the note that we should burn this thread and either of us could come up with sufficient arguments to keep this going for a while.
Hey c'mon, I wasn't going to comment on this thread until I saw your inflammatory and over-generalised comment about docs and lawyers.

Last edited:

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
I won't say anything of substance in reply to that (simply because all that i say lacks substance)

Goodnight champ.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
I love this thread.

In light of neither side being able to present a convincing argument as to which is the more ethical profession, everybody must now become doctor-lawyer hybrids. :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)