• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why is Medicine harder to get in than Law? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
hfis said:
A cursory scan of your posting history reveals you have something against law, and 'rich pricks' as you like to describe them.
It does?

hfis said:
Also, research sarcasm.
The internet is serious.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
There are a set number of medicine places funded by the Fed Govt for every year (x for each new cohort), where as law has more places.

It is cheaper to import doctors from overseas, but unfortunately, we haven't got the greatest attractability, especially after the Haneef debarkle. The govt needs to throw money at more places.
Foreign doctors are taking our jobs and can't be trusted as proven by the "doctor death" scandal

if we can't have our own doctors, what will we be able to do?

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
velox said:
wow, what a thread of idiots.

There are many crap doctors, there are many lawyers who work with good intentions, there are many people who like to talk themself up (ari and markzada), and there is much BS in this thread.

Seriously grow up.
And i care what you say. Good on ya bud

44Ronin

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Foreign doctors are taking our jobs and can't be trusted as proven by the "doctor death" scandal

if we can't have our own doctors, what will we be able to do?
Hopefully you can get sick and die? It will obviously clean the gene pool somewhat, since you come to what are quite simply moronic and absurdist conclusions, figuring that one doctor accounts for all of foreign labour....

Here I am hoping that your post was a gimmick, because really - I can't contemplate how stupid you really would have to be to hold such an opinion.

44Ronin

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
aussie jobs and industries are under threat from cheap foreign imports
Are you dim-witted or something? Last time I checked, absolutely no doctor in australia ever had trouble competing with a foreign doctor for a job. That's why we need foreign doctors. Low supply & High Demand. We face extreme shortages in country areas because trained doctors are too snobby to go out there and give it a go.

If these so called "foreign" doctors packed up and left, we'd be in a nightmare.

Talent is universal, and should be treated as such.

don't you care about australia?
As much as any other part of the world. Why should I treat australians preferentially to anyone else, without good cause?

Last edited:

~ari

is well hung
HSC
What are you? Anti-Australian or something?

You act like you've never watched Today Tonight.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Mel I've just spent 8 hours of every day of the last 3 years studying maths and frankly I haven't got a chance at UMAT because I fear contact with other homo sapiens sapiens more than I fear getting a UAI in the magnitude of 101

Now this is problematic because I face imminent disownership by my entire extended family and clan, including my dead ancestors, if I should fail to uphold the eternal family tradition of entering into a medical degree (that goes back 1 generation to when my parents came to Australia to escape communism)

in any case as a fellow identically challenged asian, what would you recommend me do?
Become a crack addict for two weeks. In comparison, any profession you go into afterwards will be a god-sent, met by open arms. It's a tad radical, yes, but at least it'll teach your/my/our Asian roots to lower their expectations.

Cough. Thankfully, my motivation to study Medicine isn't dependent on threat of disownership. That doesn't make my work load any easier though... Or me any less of a stereotype Asian. Urgh. I wonder what the poor sap who started this thread is thinking at this very moment...

Oh, right. Back on topic-- screw you, liberated women. Know your damn places and return to the freakin' kitchen. Everybody knows women can't be lawyers or doctors or lawyer-doctors; their hands and brains are too small.

/life.

(Where is this thread going? :headbang:)

~ari

is well hung
HSC
TheMelissa said:
Oh, right. Back on topic-- screw you, liberated women. Know your damn places and return to the freakin' kitchen. Everybody knows women can't be lawyers or doctors or lawyer-doctors; their hands and brains are too small.
This rib speaks the truth. WITCH! WITCH! WITCH!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
TheMelissa said:
Become a crack addict for two weeks. In comparison, any profession you go into afterwards will be a god-sent, met by open arms. It's a tad radical, yes, but at least it'll teach your/my/our Asian roots to lower their expectations.

Cough. Thankfully, my motivation to study Medicine isn't dependent on threat of disownership. That doesn't make my work load any easier though... Or me any less of a stereotype Asian. Urgh. I wonder what the poor sap who started this thread is thinking at this very moment...

/life.

(Where is this thread going? :headbang:)
Well you know all the CEOs and sports stars are on crack, it can't be that bad. So, I suppose your motivation to study medicine is Scrubs, then, or maybe ER?
If she's got any sense she'll be thinking about Mathematics, English Advanced, Biology, Physics, Legal Studies or Economics. The HSC does determine your entire life, you know.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
lol at people who took this thread seriously enough to bother entering into pseudo-intelligent discussions.

Lets just end this thread now. I repeat, everybody should embrace combined law and graduate medicine, thereby becoming doctor-lawyer hybrids. These hybrid-superhuman careers should be protected by laws that restrict practitioners to the domain of white Australian males.

Clearly, left to its own devices, this country's political and health systems will be overrun by Asian lesbian cyborgs. Alas, these cheap foreign imports can not be trusted.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
TheMelissa said:
Clearly, left to its own devices, this country's political and health systems will be overrun by Asian lesbian cyborgs. Alas, these cheap foreign imports can not be trusted.
Are you one of those? And if so, are you free tonight? :D

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
So, I suppose your motivation to study medicine is Scrubs, then, or maybe ER?
I'm mortally insulted. How dare you insinuate my motivation to undertake a career in Medicine is derived from the morally bankrupt domain of a television show such as Scrubs.

Grey's Anatomy, goofball.

Honestly. People these days... :lol:

~ari

is well hung
HSC
Scrubs is not morally bankrupt. Sometimes they play really emo music that makes me sad.

Will it ever work out between JD and Elliot?!?!?!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
TheMelissa said:
I'm mortally insulted. How dare you insinuate my motivation to undertake a career in Medicine is derived from the morally bankrupt domain of a television show such as Scrubs.

Grey's Anatomy, goofball.

Honestly. People these days... :lol:
A truly noble ambition, may your Grey's Anatomy derived passion keep you inspired and motivated throughout your long and successful medical career :D

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Is it just me or is there "ur stupid" "no ur stupider" argument going on in here? Anyways...

Captain Gh3y said:
A truly noble ambition, may your Grey's Anatomy derived passion keep you inspired and motivated throughout your long and successful medical career :D
... I became manically depressed when I read that. :( This psychopath is never getting into MBBS. Argh. Screw this, I'm just going to become a professional harmonica player.

~ari said:
Scrubs is not morally bankrupt. Sometimes they play really emo music that makes me sad.
Let's all slit our wrists! /life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)