• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wimbledon 2009 !!! (1 Viewer)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I'm so disappointed Hewitt lost that QF. It was SO CLOSE. Kind of like the time Jelena Dokic lost 4-6 6-4 4-6 in her QF at the AO. :(
I am disappointed too. I was going berserk at the television :spzz:. Yeap, that loss for Jelena would have been hard to take too. :(

I am very sad that Hewitt lost :(
So am I :(.

1 set all, games locked at 3-3, looks like another tie break.. comeon Serena.. Williams vs. Williams final!! :rofl:
There are no tie-breaks in the deciding set, players serve until someone breaks serve and holds his own serve to win the match. So it could end up being 12-10 in the decider.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I should hope not.. God how boring, yo.
You don't want an all Williams final or a tie-break? If it's the latter then there aren't any tie-breaks in the deciding set. :)

Dementieva missed a match point.

And no tie break in third set of Wimbeldon for women, correct?
So close, would have wanted Dementieva to go through to the finals. Yeap, no tie-breaks in the deciding set.

Serena took the third set 8-6
:haha: oh well Serena is just too good.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Why is there Williams sisters hate? Arrogance? Androgeny? They are clearly the best players in the world sans clay. The rest of the women should pray that they never have to play five sets, because the Williams sisters are about the only women that have the muscle to handle it. By the time they retire, they will have built very formidable records.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It's more that I think it's a shame that there's no other womens players who make it to the finals (i.e. who are physically as strong as/have the endurance of) the Williams sisters.
It'd be nice to see some real competition from other players, rather than the same pair in the finals every year.

HSC
noooo...dementieva lost
going for venus now...but i have a feeling that serena would pull an upset

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Womens tennis is so bad. Safina is probably worst player ever

lala2

Banned
HSC
So sad Dementieva lost. Now it's going to be yet another boring all Williams final. Now I want Haas to give Federer a good run for his money. Score is Haas vs Federer 6-7 (3-7), 4-5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)