Woman convicted of police veil-lifting lie set to go free (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
A MAGISTRATE had described the Muslim woman's crime as ''malicious'' and ''ruthless'' and sentenced her to six months' jail for falsely accusing a police officer of trying to rip off her veil during a random breath test.
Yesterday, flanked by a scrum of about 20 men screaming ''Allahu Akbar'' (God is great), Carnita Matthews again emerged from court, having successfully appealed against her conviction of knowingly making a false complaint.
Mrs Matthews, 46, had been stopped by a highway patrol officer last June at Woodbine, in south-west Sydney, and had allegedly refused to remove her veil so that he could identify her.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Protected ... Carnita Matthews. Photo: Nick Moir
Moments later, he had fined her for not properly displaying her P-plates and she began arguing with him outside the car.
In a video played to the NSW District Court yesterday, the mother of seven is seen shouting at the officer that he is racist, the fine was unfair and she would not accept it. She was aware that she was being recorded. ''You are racist. All cops are racists … you are feeling guilty, I can see it in your eyes,'' she said. ''You know you are giving me a ticket for crap.'' She threatened to take him to court.
The video showed him reaching into the car to breath-test the woman but he is not seen touching her veil. A statutory declaration given to Campbelltown police two days later said: ''I felt very uncomfortable so I partly lifted my veil. He wasn't satisfied with that so he moved closer to me in a threatening manner, moved his hand closer to my veil where I felt that he was going to rip it off my face. I then in fear before lifting up my veil stated I am not allowed to show my face.''
Yesterday, Judge Clive Jeffreys said there was no evidence the statutory declaration had been made by Mrs Matthews or even that it was knowingly false.
''All we know is that a person with a black burqa came in [to Campbelltown police station] with a man in a brown suit with an envelope and that's it,'' he said.
''I'm not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that she made the complaint and even if I was … I would not be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that it was knowingly false.''
He said the signature on the complaint was also very different to the one on her licence.
Judge Jeffreys will deliver his formal judgment tomorrow.
Allahu akbar

fun times, great classic hits

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/woman-con...ifting-lie-set-to-go-free-20110620-1gbzk.html

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ugh

what if dennis ferguson drove into a school parking lot, pretending to be a muslim woman dressed in a burqa? Would police just overlook it and let him get away with it because its his ~religion~ (even though its not really a muslim woman but police obvs dont realise this)?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
>implying white yobbos don't lie to/about police when it suits them

fuck off back to andrew bolt's blog you faggots

powlmao

Banned
HSC
ugh

what if dennis ferguson drove into a school parking lot, pretending to be a muslim woman dressed in a burqa? Would police just overlook it and let him get away with it because its his ~religion~ (even though its not really a muslim woman but police obvs dont realise this)?
This!!!

I don't agree with Muslims having the right to refuse to show their identify to police.

LonelyWolf

HSC
absolutely ridiculous. she shouldn't even be allowed to wear a burqa. just another examples of the bullshit that is multiculturalism.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
absolutely ridiculous. she shouldn't even be allowed to wear a burqa. just another examples of the bullshit that is multiculturalism.
She should have the right, but no the right not to prove/show her face to authority.

What is even worse, Female muslims can go in banks with a Burqa and not have to take it off...What if it was some random with a gun!

Lentern

HSC
She should have the right, but no the right not to prove/show her face to authority.

What is even worse, Female muslims can go in banks with a Burqa and not have to take it off...What if it was some random with a gun!
Yep because that's really common and worth trampling over a religious tradition for.

Garygaz

HSC
Yep because that's really common and worth trampling over a religious tradition for.
what about the fact that it's just plain ol' retarded that she believes a sky gypsy wants her to cover her face. is that a good enough reason to cover your face?

Lentern

HSC
what about the fact that it's just plain ol' retarded that she believes a sky gypsy wants her to cover her face. is that a good enough reason to cover your face?
Is that a good enough reason to cover your face?--> A person needs a reason to wear a garment of their choice.-->Save our town.

Garygaz

HSC
shouldn't be allowed to wear a garment of choice when you're mentally ill

powlmao

Banned
HSC
It's also possible and about as likely that a nun is going to strangle you with a set of rosary beads.
true, but its probably best if a government puts in a law giving police the right to reveal people if they refised

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
she shouldn't even be allowed to wear a burqa
I couldn't disagree more. Any policy that legislatively attempts to encourage cultural assimilation by behavioral circumscription is ultimately wrong. The reason for this is such policies would only serve to make minorities somewhat more tolerable and thus would deaccelerate the inevitable white awakening where we forcibly expel them from our lands for good.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
I'd love to see banks impose their own restrictions on burqas/covered faces within their own premises'.

Lentern

HSC
I couldn't disagree more. Any policy that legislatively attempts to encourage cultural assimilation by behavioral circumscription is ultimately wrong. The reason for this is such policies would only serve to make minorities somewhat more tolerable and thus would deaccelerate the inevitable white awakening where we forcibly expel them from our lands for good.
You're the reason for Godwin's law you know that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)