• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Examine

same
HSC
Anyway I guess what I'm saying is just to go for gold and see how that works out.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Dw, I only realised that you were supposed to use more than 1 quote per paragraph for an English essay (I usually had 4 paragraphs hahah) after year 11 yearlies.
Lol, this happened last year in my year 10 essay where I was told my the marker, "use more quotes and techniques dumbass", that's what he literally said, hahahahaha.

Last edited:

Tazayneem

HSC
Am I the only one feeling the pressure of the atar? Like for me I have a sister who graduated last year and she got a 92.1 atar from my old school and since I'm going to. A better school than her for my senior studies, everyone's expecting so much more from me. The pressure is slowly eating me I think :(

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Lol, this happened last year in my year 10 essay where I was told my the marker, "use more quotes and techniques dumbass", that's what he literally said, hahahahaha.
LOL, I've never seen a teacher write something like that before :D Then again I used to write really small so one of my teachers wrote on my essay, "Please try and enlarge your handwriting, it's hard enough as it is being an Asian".

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Am I the only one feeling the pressure of the atar? Like for me I have a sister who graduated last year and she got a 92.1 atar from my old school and since I'm going to. A better school than her for my senior studies, everyone's expecting so much more from me. The pressure is slowly eating me I think :(
Haha don't let the pressure get to you :bomb: My brother got a 97.75 ATAR and everyone in our Sri Lankan community (They're so f*cking judgmental) found out, and my dad had been boasting about how I would smash my brother. This didn't really phase me as I knew that my only goal was to make my parents proud (not the rest of the whole f*cking world), as they'd devoted their lives to us, and it would only seem fair to make them happy :D

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't let the pressure get to you and discard all other high expectations that have been thrown at you. Just focus on the ATAR YOU want to get, and not the ATAR that others want you to get. Also make sure that there's at least that one person you want to make proud, whether it be your parents, siblings, teachers, friends, boyfriend, cousins, etc.

Apologies if this is meaningless, I just hate to see people crack under the pressure at such an early stage :(

Last edited:

Tazayneem

HSC
Haha don't let the pressure get to you :bomb: My brother got a 97.75 ATAR and everyone in our Sri Lankan community (They're so f*cking judgmental) found out, and my dad had been boasting about how I would smash my brother. This didn't really phase me as I knew that my only goal was to make my parents proud (not the rest of the whole f*cking world), as they'd devoted their lives to us, and it would only seem fair to make them happy :D

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't let the pressure get to you and discard all other high expectations that have been thrown at you. Just focus on the ATAR YOU want to get, and not the ATAR that others want you to get. Also make sure that there's at least that one person you want to make proud, whether it be your parents, siblings, teachers, friends, boyfriend, cousins, etc.

Apologies if this is meaningless, I just hate to see people crack under the pressure at such an early stage :(
Thanks! Yeah I really do wish I could do my parents proud, but I guess I want to make them proud so much so that it's a pressure in itself with the fear of not being able to do so :(
Soz guys if you're all like get over your pathetic little story...
Just wanted to let it out :)

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Cheers! Although I feel like I don't deserve the mark because I actually crammed to the last minute, hahahaha.
IMO if you got the mark without cheating, then you deserve it. Congratulations again on a brilliant result!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Thanks! Yeah I really do wish I could do my parents proud, but I guess I want to make them proud so much so that it's a pressure in itself with the fear of not being able to do so :(
Soz guys if you're all like get over your pathetic little story...
Just wanted to let it out :)
Haha No Worries :D We're all here to share :D

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
IMO if you got the mark without cheating, then you deserve it. Congratulations again on a brilliant result!
You make it sound as if Hawkrider cheated :detective: + I've never actually seen people cheat in my grade, and I never suspected it at any other school o_O TBH people that cheat show that they're insecure in relation to their capabilities and are afraid that others will judge them based on their mark + It goes to show the lengths that they'd take to get a good mark, which in a sense shows that they're somewhat desperate :/

You get a rank from that exam Hawk? If you did I'm guessing it's Top 10 for sure :D

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
You make it sound as if Hawkrider cheated :detective: + I've never actually seen people cheat in my grade, and I never suspected it at any other school o_O

You get a rank from that exam Hawk? If you did I'm guessing it's Top 10 for sure :D
Lol, I definitely did not cheat! I haven't got my rank back yet, but hopefully that's the case.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Do you have asian parents?
My parents are pretty strict too about this, but they will never force to do something I do not enjoy, They told me that you can be anything as long as you enjoy it and are really good at it.
Just tell them that you don't want to end up with a job that you will not enjoy for the rest of your life. Also you could do Computer Science at UNSW and major in Game Development which is a proper degree. In fact, the game La Noir was developed in Sydney by Computer Science graduates from UNSW. Please do something you enjoy.

Also I wouldn't recommend forming a band at this time since you won't have much time. I quit my band at the end of year 10. But I will go back into it after I get into uni. And I don't know why choosing music is a bad thing, it doesn't make you dumb. It is very hard to get a band 6 in music but its not impossible and requires nearly University standard aural skills and performance. What I am saying is its not a subject for dumb people, and if people laugh at you for doing music then they have no idea about subjects whatsoever.

Computer Science does require a lot of math though, so if you don't enjoy math you shouldn't do it. If you are good at drawing and stuff, you could do graphics design.
aussie dad, asian mum, dads more pushy with this medicine thing though.

I'm not going to stop the band, its like my only source of enjoyment at the moment. Obviously I'm not going to let it take over my life right now, but its just this thing which i can look forward to every week.

i really don't know what I'm good at anymore :(

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Choose something you enjoy :). Are you leaning towards a certain passion / field?
i have more interest in computer stuff, multimedia sorts of things like animation and games design. I also love music - i don't take the subject, but music is in my blood, i just really love it. my mums side of the family is quite musical so i guess thats where i got it from.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
aussie dad, asian mum, dads more pushy with this medicine thing though.

I'm not going to stop the band, its like my only source of enjoyment at the moment. Obviously I'm not going to let it take over my life right now, but its just this thing which i can look forward to every week.

i really don't know what I'm good at anymore :(
Definitely keep it then. Everybody needs something to look forward to.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
A lot of times, feelings of hopelessness can come from comparing yourself to other people. It's very difficult to compare yourself to others, because we only see what's on the surface. From the sound of things, you seem to have a strong external locus, where your influenced a lot by external stuff (parents and others). Try to focus more on yourself - is there something in particular which you alone want to pursue, are there certain goals which you value?
passion: music or multimedia..or work in a zoo but that is nearly impossible.
i realised i am influenced a lot by others. but i just have this feeling that i have to please my parents and what not. Im not a very independent person :(

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
You make it sound as if Hawkrider cheated :detective: + I've never actually seen people cheat in my grade, and I never suspected it at any other school o_O TBH people that cheat show that they're insecure in relation to their capabilities and are afraid that others will judge them based on their mark + It goes to show the lengths that they'd take to get a good mark, which in a sense shows that they're somewhat desperate :/

w0t I did not mean it that way.. lol I meant that if a person genuinely earned the mark, they they ultimately deserve it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)